Vaughn V10

GoalieInTheDesertYT

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Been seeing a new, gigantic Xp logo on Vaughn gear lately.   I'm wondering if this is a V10 inspired logo for their XP gear

20220921_110252.thumb.jpg.36ae42d7cf6986ee8e6656b65fb8e033.jpgScreenshot_20220921-110330_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d4ba82f157d8162f198c9518ff9f174c.jpg 

I'm mostly quoting this as a thanks for giving the brown and orange alma mater some love/a shoutout. Can't beat the flat cornfields of northern O-HI-O... and the wind that blows for miles over them.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'll take mountains, forests, and the ocean instead. 

Um yeah - @coopaloop1234 that was an attempt at pretty thick sarcasm. Must have gotten lost in translation. Fuck O-HI-O and getting belted with wind gusts for miles when you're walking the campus of BGSU but - viva la brown and orange nonetheless... though those jerseys looks horrendous. Not a fan of the off white since it will inevitably be paired with white equipment. Just... bad.

Also - Fred Brathwaite "siting"/proof of life. Nice.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Um yeah - @coopaloop1234 that was an attempt at pretty thick sarcasm. Must have gotten lost in translation. Fuck O-HI-O and getting belted with wind gusts for miles when you're walking the campus of BGSU but - viva la brown and orange nonetheless... though those jerseys looks horrendous. Not a fan of the off white since it will inevitably be paired with white equipment. Just... bad.

Yea that's my bad for missing the sarcasm haha. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chile57 said:

His nameplate is in the upper right of the photo, just cropped out.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chile57 said:

I'm mostly quoting this as a thanks for giving the brown and orange alma mater some love/a shoutout. Can't beat the flat cornfields of northern O-HI-O... and the wind that blows for miles over them.

Those pads are sharp.   The guys who played when I was there didn't have options like that.  On the bright side, they didn't have to wear those jerseys either.   Hopefully they're just practice threads.   Ay Ziggy Zoomba!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chile57 said:

Fuck O-HI-O and getting belted with wind gusts for miles when you're walking the campus of BGSU

When I lived in Toledo, I played here for a summer league. Oddly they didn't have a regular men’s league in the fall and spring. Instead they have 3 on 3 on a smaller surface rink. Weird. I played one week as a sub and said no thanks after that. I never got around to joining a league at the Tamoshanter in Sylvania, which is closer to Toledo. 

14 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Those pads are sharp.   The guys who played when I was there didn't have options like that.  On the bright side, they didn't have to wear those jerseys either.   Hopefully they're just practice threads.   Ay Ziggy Zoomba!

Agreed @Puckstopper (and acknowledgment of another former Falcon). Team was pretty marginal when I was there (well below 0.500). Numerous better jersey offerings for sure (though they seem to change with the weather anymore) - I'm partial to the classic block letters and/or the falcon head. Orange on cream is not a good look - period.

Ty Eigner Thrilled With New Assignment As Bowling Green Head Coach -  FloHockey

Men's Colosseum Orange Bowling Green St. Falcons Mr. Plow Hockey Jersey  Sweater | Jersey sweater, Hockey jersey, Hockey sweater

The Hamburglar's vintage uni was a pretty good one too (I like the number on the front look)...

image.jpeg.57c350d7eaf3a818574f36b7f2bfe57f.jpeg

454 Kevin Hammond Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Edited by chile57

5 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

When I lived in Toledo, I played here for a summer league. Oddly they didn't have a regular men’s league in the fall and spring. Instead they have 3 on 3 on a smaller surface rink. Weird. I played one week as a sub and said no thanks after that. I never got around to joining a league at the Tamoshanter in Sylvania, which is closer to Toledo. 

@WillyGrips13 - I remember our back and forth about where to play and the Tam-O-Shanter when you were moving to the area. Regular 3 on 3 is a tough gig. On my organized drop-in skate night we do one every once and awhile and that's plenty to tide one over who's playing net - usually end up fairly sore the next day.

The fuck O-HI-O bit just comes from my maize and blue blood.

4 hours ago, chile57 said:

@WillyGrips13 - I remember our back and forth about where to play and the Tam-O-Shanter when you were moving to the area. Regular 3 on 3 is a tough gig. On my organized drop-in skate night we do one every once and awhile and that's plenty to tide one over who's playing net - usually end up fairly sore the next day.

The fuck O-HI-O bit just comes from my maize and blue blood.

Hating the Buttguys is just so easy.   I've never seen a group of fans so proud of being able to spell a 4 letter word.   Living in Columbus for 13 years was brutal, but at least the rinks were decent compared to the Cincy area where I am now.   

Tam-O was a great place to play though,  that was my home sheet of ice growing up.   The idea of having a bar overlooking the rink is just brilliant, it ensured my dad never minded bringing us for practice and my mom could stay home.

I was at BG towards the tail end of the glory years and hung around for quite a bit of the doldrums.  It's been nice seeing the program on the upswing lately, but even if hockey is good it'll always be "BGSU, where there's nothing to do but drink and screw".

• Like 1