Getting Dusty In Here...

MTH

25 minutes ago, MTH said:

This place feels like the last days of the GSBB. Forums are so 90s.

Oh well... it was fun while it lasted.

Retro Internet GIFs | Tenor

I just got my 56k modem installed too. Dang!

I just got told yesterday that a screenshot from my work software looked like 8-bit Nintendo OG.

Has been a little quiet lately. I'm assuming business will pick up with the start of training camps right around the corner and more real time "sitings" to be had.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

When are you coming out of retirement? 

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

I just got told yesterday that a screenshot from my work software looked like 8-bit Nintendo OG.

Has been a little quiet lately. I'm assuming business will pick up with the start of training camps right around the corner and more real time "sitings" to be had.

It's the odd lull between summer season and NHL training camps and minor league start up. 

I've been selling gear on Sideline... retirement has been nice. I got back on my mountain bike. It's old, but so am I. Been riding the local trails again to get the rust off and get some sweat time in. Actually shopping pink bike for a used whip to catch up to the kids.

My classic Gary Fisher is cool. But it needs a ton of upgrades that aren't worth the effort. 

This is more of a Bunny discussion. Damn you Doug!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, MTH said:

I've been selling gear on Sideline... retirement has been nice. I got back on my mountain bike. It's old, but so am I. Been riding the local trails again to get the rust off and get some sweat time in. Actually shopping pink bike for a used whip to catch up to the kids.

My classic Gary Fisher is cool. But it needs a ton of upgrades that aren't worth the effort. 

This is more of a Bunny discussion. Damn you Doug!

He'd be suggesting the carbon fiber frame with carbon fiber handles with carbon fiber spokes. 

So you can ride those flat trails with ease. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He'd be suggesting the carbon fiber frame with carbon fiber handles with carbon fiber spokes. 

So you can ride those flat trails with ease. 

... but with more exclamation points and some English-esque jargon thrown in for good measure and only after getting off on a tangent about something else. RIP Bunny.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MTH said:

I was thinking the exact same thing this weekend. I was wondering if everybody was just overbooked with games or something. It is too quiet and I'm getting tired of just seeing action in the Konect thread only to be honest.

I miss bunny too. We obviously had a cycling connection with my years of road racing. Grind those pedals brother, big gears...RIP ❤️

I'm still there, I'm still there ! Just had a crazy summer season of shooting superbikes at my racetrack. Been working almost 60h-70h/week since mid-may.

3 more weeks and the moto photography season is over, I will shoot hockey games once a week with an LHNA near Montréal, if things are going the way I want.

If you wanna see some shots I do, head over to Instagram and let me know what you think ! :)

Edited by HellCrow

Also guilty of inactivity on this forum. My wife and I are celebrating our 50th in Italy, driving Mazda Miatas throughout Umbria and Tuscany. Our Tour Leader is a professional driver who was born in Siena. Every day we are assigned a different car and then chase each other through the many mountains and valleys of South Central Italy. It has been a gas (1.75 Euros/litre).

Some of you may recall a photo of me on this forum from a few years ago with my Miata and Brown goalie gear. I have owned 4 of these wonderful sporty cars over the past 20+ years so this is a special holiday for us.

Hockey starts on Monday for my team. I told the guys that I will be late reporting to training camp, need to repaint my barn near Siena (Glenn Hall reference).

Internet coverage has been sketchy over here, so here goes an attempt at a few photos, maybe …………

768B0BBC-D2A7-41CF-8207-F5F5900D7E75.jpeg

54E46F7C-45E4-4847-9A3A-ABD11AC73794.jpeg

05A16C11-EF7B-43E8-A234-9EE3B7CC4938.jpeg

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 9

Found my way back here after a nearly five month hiatus. Planning on attempting to get back on the ice soon. Last year right before the season started, I got run over by a 220 lb defenseman and pulled a ligament in my ankle pretty badly, couldn't do RVH anything slide from my right side very well. Realized that I wasn't going to get better anytime soon and stopped playing for the most part. Fast forward to March of this year, conducting PT with my ROTC platoon, I strained a ligament in my foot where the plantar fascia is and was walking with a limp for a few weeks. It wasn't until about a month ago that I could run without my foot bothering me. Holding off on playing this semester so I can focus on my academics. If all goes well, I'll return next semester. 

In the time that I was injured, I spent most of it (when not at school) helping my friends with their respective RX-7 builds. After about 8 months of working here and there, we got his 3 rotor conversion running, and I came across another guy who moved in from Washington who had one with a blown engine. Talked him into having it brought over here and we dismantled it and are halfway through putting the peripherals back onto the shortblock. Took the interior in mine apart to address 28 year old car problems (I love heater cores).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bildeer said:

Took the interior in mine apart to address 28 year old car problems (I love heater cores).

I swear, some car designers start with the heater core - then build the entire car around it.

I'm fortunate enough to own several Jeep Wranglers that have well documented issues with the cooling system clogging up. The core is lowest flow area of the system. Add in long life coolant that bonds super good to everything to prevent corrosion - and you get a heater core that looks like this when you cut it open:

HC-Cross-sectional-bottom-zoom-650pix.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MTH said:

I just ordered a new bike. Just a Marin. Gotta feed my kids. These $10k bikes are nuts.

I know!! My car cost me less than the average road bike out there. If you want anything remotely reliable and performing, you gotta splurge. The one I'm aiming at right now (Argon18) is 3 000$. My dream bike is a Celeste Carbon Bianchi, well over 5 000$.

5 hours ago, HellCrow said:

I'm still there, I'm still there ! Just had a crazy summer season of shooting superbikes at my racetrack. Been working almost 60h-70h/week since mid-may.

3 more weeks and the moto photography season is over, I will shoot hockey games once a week with an LHNA near Montréal, if things are going the way I want.

If you wanna see some shots I do, head over to Instagram and let me know what you think ! :)

Wait...the LHNA is still a thing? Have they added more teams to their already massive 4? lolll 

5 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

Also guilty of inactivity on this forum. My wife and I are celebrating our 50th in Italy, driving Mazda Miatas throughout Umbria and Tuscany. Our Tour Leader is a professional driver who was born in Siena. Every day we are assigned a different car and then chase each other through the many mountains and valleys of South Central Italy. It has been a gas (1.75 Euros/litre).

Some of you may recall a photo of me on this forum from a few years ago with my Miata and Brown goalie gear. I have owned 4 of these wonderful sporty cars over the past 20+ years so this is a special holiday for us.

Hockey starts on Monday for my team. I told the guys that I will be late reporting to training camp, need to repaint my barn near Siena (Glenn Hall reference).

Internet coverage has been sketchy over here, so here goes an attempt at a few photos, maybe …………

768B0BBC-D2A7-41CF-8207-F5F5900D7E75.jpeg

54E46F7C-45E4-4847-9A3A-ABD11AC73794.jpeg

05A16C11-EF7B-43E8-A234-9EE3B7CC4938.jpeg

@Wonder35 How dare you live such a glorious and lavish retirement!!!! 

Happy for you man :) 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MTH said:

I love the orange MX-5. Is that the 30th anniversary edition? That's something else. I was hoping that the 2024 would return to pop up headlights. 

Yes, it was the 30AE. I was fortunate to drive it on the day where we climbed mountain roads with plenty of switchbacks. Including excellent non fade braking and terrific acceleration and control in tight turns, that was fun.

I have owned 4 Miatas over the past 20+ years, always first generation models. Pop ups are allowed.

No more car talk, I promise.

How about those leafs?

Edited by Wonder35
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I think part of the reason the forums have been so quiet lately is because manufacturers have gotten unbelievably good at keep new stuff a secret. There’s tons of Bauer, CCM, Warrior, even Vaughn stuff on the horizon but there’s just been no leaks of any of it. 

See but now you do us all like that and dangle an invisible carrot🫤

Petition to change thatcarguy’s name to thatleakguy so he can legally leak information