Worst Unis in Hockey

TheGoalNet

NHL Jerseys  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the worst best Unis in hockey?

• San Jose
    • Anaheim
    • Tampa
    • Ottawa
    • Florida
    • Vancouver
    • Vegas
    • Capitals
    • Winnipeg
    • Carolina
    • Columbus
    • Edmonton
    • New Jersey
    • Arizona
    • Minnesota
    • Colorado
    • Dallas
    • Nashville
    • Calgary
    • LA

Anaheim and the Coyotes are the only teams that should be selected on this list. The other teams can have a meh jersey but that doesn't make them awful.

Oilers jerseys are actually great and they hearken back to the WHL days and the contrasting shoulder yokes and body of the jersey look fantastic, the perforated numbers work really well on these as well.

Avalanche new jerseys are throwbacks to their cup years and are a huge improvement. They are unique and the colours work well, only issue is the boring black gloves and pants.

Ducks webbed D logo is actually solid, but people just like the eggplant jersey and logo. The jersey itself is a mess and doesn't work well with their colour choices, it looks good on a minor league team with more contrasting colours. Just go back to eggplant, but they won't because the orange is for Orange County.

Oil Kings jersey looks great.

ahSiwf1.jpg

Gulls colours would look good with the same template.

San-Diego-Gulls-Facebook.jpg

Arizona's jersey is a mess just like the franchise, what wre they doing with the socks? Go back to the retro colours and design with the new logo. The sad thing is their paw print logo and the crest are fantastic, the jersey is a joke though.

Problem with todays Ducks jersey is the straping on the sides - to much straps and to messy.  I know, I´ll be in minority, but realy liked the perevious jersey more (those with wordmark Ducks instead of D logo). Good jerseys were original ones, yes, it is Disney and "total 90.", but looked good back in time. Stadium series Jersey was realy good (strande material for logo, but overal nice jerseys). 

And worst? Jersey with Wild Wing jumping from ice :facepalm:

jonas-hiller-nhl-anaheim-ducks-calgary-f

topelement.jpg

2014+Coors+Light+NHL+Stadium+Series+Anah

GettyImages-220740.0.jpg?resize=840,560&

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mik said:

Problem with todays Ducks jersey is the straping on the sides - to much straps and to messy.  I know, I´ll be in minority, but realy liked the perevious jersey more (those with wordmark Ducks instead of D logo). Good jerseys were original ones, yes, it is Disney and "total 90.", but looked good back in time. Stadium series Jersey was realy good (strande material for logo, but overal nice jerseys). 

And worst? Jersey with Wild Wing jumping from ice :facepalm:

jonas-hiller-nhl-anaheim-ducks-calgary-f

topelement.jpg

GettyImages-220740.0.jpg?resize=840,560&

Another example of a stadium series being a great potential look for a team. 

Get rid of the 3D effect on the logo and wrap the arms stripes all the way around and we are done!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Another example of a stadium series being a great potential look for a team. 

Get rid of the 3D effect on the logo and wrap the arms stripes all the way around and we are done!!! 

If they put the D logo instead of "Ducks" those jerseys would be an improvement over what they have today, boring but still better.

I still think they should've made the Stadium ones a permanent alternate, but make the stripes continue on the arms.

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Also another example of a stadium series being an awful potential look for a team.

5a7dd18a375a0_KyleClifford2015CoorsLightStadiumSeries9i2PfxYhuwll.jpg.1bc5474aecfc27c52b7b0f47f4a05ed2.jpg

Both of those jerseys are actually pretty nice. The Kings one would look great without the white shells, just hard to do a half grey half white jersey for the regular season.

• 1 month later...

I hate the fact that the Ducks took the Flyers colors. I get it, Orange county. But the teal and purple was iconic. It was their colors. Orange and black is just used a lot already.

Your colors are dated. So what. Own it.

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2018 at 3:29 AM, ULTIMA said:

I keep reading "OG" but I have no idea what it means when people say it :/

I selected Columbus for a number of reasons.  Other than them, I must say I think Dallas made a mistake going to that lighter shade of green. Looks awful. The logo is okay though.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:22 AM, bunnyman666 said:

I am guessing “original” is part of “OG”.

Maybe someone could care to explain to those of us not in the know.

OG is for Original Gangster.

It's part of the whole hip-hop stuff from the early 80s through the 90s. The original guys who started it are endeared with the term 'OG'. You could apply it to anyone who was an originator to something. Like Jesus was the OG hippie with his sandals and beard.

There is an essential tune too by an OG named Ice-T:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Teams with bad logos but good colors... imo

Canucks whale and Wild whatever it is

Teams with bad logo and colors

Nashville never liked the logo and those all gold unis are ugly, Columbus star logo sucks.. the cannon one was cool and Florida looks like crap.. should go back to the jumping panther with the broken stick and the red navy yellow colors

• Like 1

These types of topics are all so subjective. Personal tastes, biases and color preferences heavily influence how people feel. 
Also most design for pro teams nowadays is done at large graphic design firms that have large teams working on the project. Sometimes I think that group method and the influence of previous projects leads to a watered down piece. There are many freelance graphic designers out there who on their own, come up with great recreations of current uniforms. Sadly they can only do it for fun because teams always choose the big, expensive firms. 

On 3/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, MTH said:

OG is for Original Gangster.

It's part of the whole hip-hop stuff from the early 80s through the 90s. The original guys who started it are endeared with the term 'OG'. You could apply it to anyone who was an originator to something. Like Jesus was the OG hippie with his sandals and beard.

There is an essential tune too by an OG named Ice-T:

I be the best rapper/I sit on the crapper/gotta get me some toilet paper

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, Scythe said:

Stars wore these yesterday.. I don't think they're the worst.. i just have an indifferent feeling about them. What's it cost to outfit a team in new uniforms?

cut.jpg

Man, I feel like using the reverse retro's is cheating. There's not many that I like.

At least Dallas' above keeps the star piping along the bottom, Detroit's are just practice jerseys.

AP21062070746751-1100x734.thumb.jpg.7e80a567765d663a1a17750c9e8b5205.jpg