Velcro from knee pads catching on the inside of my pants. Best fix?

I'm running into the Velcro ripping up my inside of my goalie pants problem. I don't wear hockey socks and my compression pants are too tight to pull over Bauer Pros, but I'm getting this problem:

image.thumb.png.4874b0b1014bec5a2f91c8b2f1b6fcee.png

It isn't too bad just yet, but I'm not sure what the best solution is? I was thinking of just using sock tape around the straps to prevent it from touching. I also thought about maybe attaching a Velcro piece to the exposed part. I don't think I'll wear hockey socks as I still play inline and this would be a problem with overheating. Ice Hockey actually is still pretty hot for me just wearing no shirt under my chest, and only compression pants.

I also think my strap edges are doing this too, just not sure because the area on this leg for example is pretty big.

With my prior Brian's Knee Pads and my other pants I don't recall this being a problem, but these Bauer Pros are much bigger and have more strapping.

35 minutes ago, Math. said:

Put a piece of the fluf velcro over what's left exposed, seems it would solve the problem.

^ this.  Just buy some velcro strips and patch the exposed pieces.  This is a more common problem these days with so much of our gear using velcro.  I make sure on my chest protector, especially, to patch exposed pieces to prevent damage to my jerseys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

^ this.  Just buy some velcro strips and patch the exposed pieces.  This is a more common problem these days with so much of our gear using velcro.  I make sure on my chest protector, especially, to patch exposed pieces to prevent damage to my jerseys.

Thanks @Math. & @seagoal I'll need to wear them and actually check but I assume it is all from the Velcro and not anything like the sides of the straps which are harder rubbing, ect...?

I'll pick up some strips for a few dollars later today as I got ice time tomorrow. Just a shame, two wears with these pants.