Montreal Canadiens 2022- 2023 season

RichMan

Well here is the new start for 2022-2023 and we're off to a good start by beating Toronto in OT, Caulfield producing as we expect, Anderson finishing big for us. And yes, we might of lost to Detroit yesterday but Allen had a stellar performance and the boys had ample opportunities but Husso played well and Detroit's big bodies took care of the extra space around the crease.

How many games will Allen play before he gets a breather and Montembeault jumps in? What kind of rotation will they have?

On 10/15/2022 at 9:38 AM, RichMan said:

Well here is the new start for 2022-2023 and we're off to a good start by beating Toronto in OT, Caulfield producing as we expect, Anderson finishing big for us. And yes, we might of lost to Detroit yesterday but Allen had a stellar performance and the boys had ample opportunities but Husso played well and Detroit's big bodies took care of the extra space around the crease.

How many games will Allen play before he gets a breather and Montembeault jumps in? What kind of rotation will they have?

Game never went to OT. 

I hope they score some nice goals and play some exciting games but ultimately lose out. I absolutely hate the idea of tanking but it seems like it's the best way to rebuild properly and there's too many monsters right now in the division/conference.

The young guys seem promising (especially Dmen), and I see a lot of good in Dach.

1 hour ago, johncho said:

I hope they score some nice goals and play some exciting games but ultimately lose out. I absolutely hate the idea of tanking but it seems like it's the best way to rebuild properly and there's too many monsters right now in the division/conference.

The young guys seem promising (especially Dmen), and I see a lot of good in Dach.

Excuse me, It's Canucks turn to tank spectacularly  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

So in recent highlights, Allen seems to be struggling in his decision making which makes for poor save selection. Playing injured or his mental game is suffering?

Montembault seems to be anchoring his way towards the #1 position. Could he pull a Huet or Halak for the next few seasons?

Price, it's over brother. Thank you for your services, now just enjoy your family life on the ranch.

If Fleury wasn't going through a thing, he could help us out, but I think the pressure is finally getting to him.

Primeau is...well, just Primeau -_- 

Edited by RichMan

Havent seen as much of them as I would like so with that in mind, losing Caufield (Goalfield) is a blow. Saw Montembeault a week or so ago and he seems to know what he's doing. Allen has taken tons of beatings over his career but can still play. One thing is it seems St. Louis is doing a good job, and the team doesnt seem to make headlines for dysfunction this year. 

Dach is a player. Chicago just didnt know what to do with him.

@coopaloop1234: Chicago has the tank title in the bag...I hope. They are so bad they probably couldnt beat a high end  mens league team. Just awful: watching them and a game involving better teams is like night and day.

6 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Havent seen as much of them as I would like so with that in mind, losing Caufield (Goalfield) is a blow. Saw Montembeault a week or so ago and he seems to know what he's doing. Allen has taken tons of beatings over his career but can still play. One thing is it seems St. Louis is doing a good job, and the team doesnt seem to make headlines for dysfunction this year. 

Dach is a player. Chicago just didnt know what to do with him.

@coopaloop1234: Chicago has the tank title in the bag...I hope. They are so bad they probably couldnt beat a high end  mens league team. Just awful: watching them and a game involving better teams is like night and day.

I saw the Chicago game in Vancouver in person. 

That was a rough game to watch. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I saw the Chicago game in Vancouver in person. 

That was a rough game to watch. 

Should have asked for a refund. 

I am old enough to have seen Rutherford play (he was a good goalie in his day) and overall he's done good as a GM. Sounds like the torches and pitchforks are coming for him and Tocchet. 

@RichMan: sorry I took the thread off topic.

• Like 1