Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

As long as they don’t mess it up as bad as Vaughn messed up SLR2 you’ll be all good. If you didn’t order a set direct from Vaughn odds are someone had already flexed the pads and broken the composite. 

Remember how we joked about upside down graphics on my 20.2?

I'm betting we're gonna see that this time

11 hours ago, thebigm said:

I am curious on if you change the boot angle from regular to open if it will affect the size?  I have my Fleury tribute set ready to go once I figure this out (aka waiting for my rep to get back to me lol)

My best guess is yes, I don't think they updated the open boot with the flat boot channel

• 4 weeks later...

Got notification my set is done
Order done through Rance at The Goalie Crease again.  Great retailer to work with.

Paid 10/26
Delivered to shop 11/30, so just about 5 weeks

The only "special" thing on here was a request to keep the sliding edge white weave and the back panel red.
On the customizer, the jenpro back panel and sliding edge are the same color zone.

One glove pro palm and one glove game ready extra

image.png.9eed4ddfb4e7cee1e96e3871b308e2d7.png

image.png.692cac1d68c1d99140a1c34297996427.png

image.png

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Order done through Rance at The Goalie Crease again.  Great retailer to work with.

Paid 10/26

The only "special" thing on here was a request to keep the sliding edge white weave and the back panel red.
On the customizer, the jenpro back panel and sliding edge are the same color zone.

image.png

Digging the Roy tribute. 

@Chenner29 @coopaloop1234 ugh 🙄 - thanks for calling that probability to my attention Coop. Consider my "like" rescinded full bore.

Kidding (kind of). Tough to be a Roy "fan" if you grew up on the Detroit side of the Wings/Avalance rivalry (even if he has my vote as the best money goalie to ever strap them up) BUT - I can respect a crispy looking set.

Edited by chile57

1 minute ago, chile57 said:

@Chenner29 @coopaloop1234 ugh 🙄 - thanks for calling that probability to my attention Coop. Consider my "like" rescinded full bore.

Kidding (kind of). Tough to be a Roy "fan" if you grew up through the Wings/Avalance rivalry (even if he has my vote as the best goalie to ever strap them up) BUT - I can respect a crispy looking set.

Avs > Wings ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Paid 10/26

image.png

Absolutely gorgeous. Is the quick slide material comparable to Brians/Vaughn or more like speedskin?

7 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I specced plain old weave.  3M PPF film is going on the calf wedge and knee wing

Great looking set. A couple questions:

How hard are the foams on the sliding surface, and do they feel different than on the 20.2 pads you had?

The promotional material mentions a more securely attached knee block, and from your pictures it is still the traditional 3-layer sandwich. Does it wiggle much/a little/none less side to side? 

Could you post a picture of their newer FRS strapping in the leg channel?

Tell me and @Puckstopper something we don't know @coopaloop1234. Rugged good looks to go with impeccable style (and intelligence to boot as outlined above)? We'd be like Brangelina at their peak - world domination.

Alas - I am spoken for... though Mrs. Chile is probably looking to upgrade.

The important part is F-A-C-T based arguments win the day... again. For good measure - I might also point out that the Wings were quicker to rebound from the dynasty days into another Cup - 2002 to 2008 as opposed to the Avs at 2001 to last year... but then I'd have to glaze over the state of the Wings in the years since sssooo... no thank you.

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You two would make a cute couple. ;) 

Edited by chile57

19 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Paid 10/26

image.png

These are fantastic!  I can't wait for your on-ice impression.   I'm on week six of waiting for mine from TGC. Paid on 11/1.  You give me hope that I'll see mine before Christmas.

I got my order in a bit later (Nov 22-23) with the website listing 8-10 weeks lead time.  I think the guys who got pre-orders in before the official release date (Nov 10) will get their sets in really fast, anyone after will probably be more on later end of that timeline with all the orders flooding in from retailers.  If I get mine before January, I will be really surprised lol.

9 hours ago, Teezle said:

Great looking set. A couple questions:

How hard are the foams on the sliding surface, and do they feel different than on the 20.2 pads you had?

The promotional material mentions a more securely attached knee block, and from your pictures it is still the traditional 3-layer sandwich. Does it wiggle much/a little/none less side to side? 

Could you post a picture of their newer FRS strapping in the leg channel?

They're due at my door next Tuesday, will follow up with most of your questions then

I'm guessing the knee block is similar to 20.2, sewn in as opposed to laced in.  Keep in mind it is all one functional system (nylon knee strap, outer calf velcro, and sewn in knee block) - so if you're ordering the traditional elastic at the knee your results may vary. 

My 20.2 review gives some rough approximation re: knee block

image.thumb.png.c0d022f3136e28ec85f69966b01e1d4a.png

8 hours ago, beansbats said:

These are fantastic!  I can't wait for your on-ice impression.   I'm on week six of waiting for mine from TGC. Paid on 11/1.  You give me hope that I'll see mine before Christmas.

On-ice may have to wait, I'm in the middle of rehabbing an MCL sprain and small meniscus tear

• Like 1

Are those made by Lefevre or designed by Lefevre?  I went through my local pro shop who kept telling me I was getting the canadian made True pads

but when they got in, they said designed by Lefevre which means they were made in China.  The Glove was ordered as a 580 break but came in as 

a 600 break along with the pads being too short on me.   The store was able to take care of my issues as they put down for them to be made in Canada

and charged me a total of $4000.00 for the set.      Finally just said screw it and ordered Vaughn knowing I will get the product made in Michigan!

41 minutes ago, Rymor921 said:

Are those made by Lefevre or designed by Lefevre?  I went through my local pro shop who kept telling me I was getting the canadian made True pads

but when they got in, they said designed by Lefevre which means they were made in China.  The Glove was ordered as a 580 break but came in as 

a 600 break along with the pads being too short on me.   The store was able to take care of my issues as they put down for them to be made in Canada

and charged me a total of $4000.00 for the set.      Finally just said screw it and ordered Vaughn knowing I will get the product made in Michigan!

All full custom is made in Canada

Store stock is limited to 3 or 4 colorways (white, white/red, white/blue, maybe black?)

$4k for a set is high if you're in the US, I paid less than that for the set + extra glove/blocker, including shipping

14 hours ago, beansbats said:

I ordered mine and paid on 10/27. Order arrived a week early from the original ETA and were shipped off today from the vendor, so exactly 5 weeks. You should be seeing them soon my dude. 

• Like 1