Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

I went with TCG, as well - got to love the CAD --> USD exchanges rates. Should see the set around early- to mid-March. Went with 31+2.5" because their sizing runs a bit large, after seeing the 32" match up precisely with a Small Mach in Bauer. Excited to also be back in a 580 glove :)

image.png.c15edfb63f72bdca94685d217b9fa214.png  image.thumb.png.f79c64fd72aa3fbf4c7314956a6737b5.png

Edited by Teezle
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Teezle said:

I went with TCG, as well - got to love the CAD --> USD exchanges rates. Should see the set around early- to mid-March. Went with 31+2.5" because their sizing runs a bit large, after seeing the 32" match up precisely with a Small Mach in Bauer. Excited to also be back in a 580 glove :)

image.png.c15edfb63f72bdca94685d217b9fa214.png  image.thumb.png.f79c64fd72aa3fbf4c7314956a6737b5.png

Interesting take on the sizing - I'm currently in an Xtra-Small Bauer Ultrasonic (32+) and I seemed to size well in a stock 32+2 True, and in addition my FTK according to True's sizing chart indicates the same, so that's what I went with on my order.

24 minutes ago, McO said:

@Chenner29

How would you compare the stiffness of the thigh of the px3 to your 20.2? According to the catalog it is supposed to be stiffer on the px3...

I am currently in a 12.2 set and i am not sure if i should go 20.2 or px3 for my next set. 

Thanks

Px3 is a LOT stiffer.  Like, one arm max effort with boot sitting on the ground, I can get my 20.2 to flex.  The Px3 just won't move. BUT this may change over time

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Novasteel31 said:

I am currently looking to update my set and these True's are on my short list. I am currently wearing JRZ made reactor 5's so I'm wondering if these will have a similar feel or if they will be more on the stiff side

These will be WAY more stiff. As will just about every pad on the market except maybe the Vaughn Velocity series or Bauer Hyperlite

53 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

These will be WAY more stiff. As will just about every pad on the market except maybe the Vaughn Velocity series or Bauer Hyperlite

I figured as much, I have never been a fan of Vaughn, just never felt comfortable with them. Will instill be able to get the "connected feel" with these or are they going to be more box like

25 minutes ago, Novasteel31 said:

I figured as much, I have never been a fan of Vaughn, just never felt comfortable with them. Will instill be able to get the "connected feel" with these or are they going to be more box like

They should still feel pretty connected but the strapping system sometimes makes them feel loose. I’m with you in liking a connected pad and last year got my EFlex 5 pads with a “super tight fit” leg channel that felt incredible

29 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

They should still feel pretty connected but the strapping system sometimes makes them feel loose. I’m with you in liking a connected pad and last year got my EFlex 5 pads with a “super tight fit” leg channel that felt incredible

That's a smart idea. In regards to the rebounds do these kick them out far or are they dying closer to your body. I'm at the point now we're I think something that shots the rebounds farther away might be a better solution for me

11 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

That's a smart idea. In regards to the rebounds do these kick them out far or are they dying closer to your body. I'm at the point now we're I think something that shots the rebounds farther away might be a better solution for me

From my understanding PX3 has a soft face but @TheGoalNet has actual experience 
L20.2, Custom ccm with no speedskin, or bauer may be a better option for you then

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 2/1/2023 at 9:59 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

From my understanding PX3 has a soft face but @TheGoalNet has actual experience 
L20.2, Custom ccm with no speedskin, or bauer may be a better option for you then

Like the 12.2s, these come with both a soft and a stiff option, where stiff with kick out rebounds farther. On the PX3 the thigh rise will always be stiff.

Edit - I am wrong. This doesn't affect rebounds.

ctu0LLyAdBM0u44mIZC09bqOmLv2uKx5PbJkcTo5.png

Edited by tgfoo
Correcting information

On 11/30/2022 at 4:39 PM, Chenner29 said:

Got notification my set is done
Order done through Rance at The Goalie Crease again.  Great retailer to work with.

Paid 10/26
Delivered to shop 11/30, so just about 5 weeks

The only "special" thing on here was a request to keep the sliding edge white weave and the back panel red.
On the customizer, the jenpro back panel and sliding edge are the same color zone.

One glove pro palm and one glove game ready extra

image.png.9eed4ddfb4e7cee1e96e3871b308e2d7.png

image.png.692cac1d68c1d99140a1c34297996427.png

image.png

What break angle did you go with for the glove and how did it break in?

On 11/30/2022 at 4:39 PM, Chenner29 said:

Got notification my set is done
Order done through Rance at The Goalie Crease again.  Great retailer to work with.

Paid 10/26
Delivered to shop 11/30, so just about 5 weeks

The only "special" thing on here was a request to keep the sliding edge white weave and the back panel red.
On the customizer, the jenpro back panel and sliding edge are the same color zone.

One glove pro palm and one glove game ready extra

image.png.9eed4ddfb4e7cee1e96e3871b308e2d7.png

image.png.692cac1d68c1d99140a1c34297996427.png

image.png

Did you order these with the fast slide?