Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

I'm planning on ordering a set of L87-PX3, and need to know the difference between the Knee Zone Settings "Outer Inside Knee" vs "Outer Outside Knee"? (Photo attached) 

Which one is the removable knee flap that I can attach the velcro strap to?   I assume the other one is the "Luongo Flap" that doesn't really serve a purpose if you don't buckle a leather strap at the knee?  Neither example in their PDF guide clearly shows an elastic strap attaching to it.

Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 11.12.55 AM.png

Edited by MikeTheGoalie

9 minutes ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

I'm planning on ordering a set of L87-PX3, and need to know the difference between the Knee Zone Settings "Outer Inside Knee" vs "Outer Outside Knee"? (Photo attached) 

Which one is the removable knee flap that I can attach the velcro strap to?   I assume the other one is the "Luongo Flap" that doesn't really serve a purpose if you don't buckle a leather strap at the knee?  Neither example in their PDF guide clearly shows an elastic strap attaching to it.

Thanks for any help!

This should be the one you're looking for

image.png.1c55d5ee0870e742b1b515d266cc8ddf.png

"Outer outside" is the Luongo knee cheater

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 5:32 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

This just refers to the stiffness of the breaks on the pad. Not the actual face

I was curious about this, so I sent an email to one of the reps at True's factory (I had to get in touch with them previously for a colour zone issue)

The rep confirmed the soft/stiff option refers to the core of the shin, which means shorter/longer rebounds depending on which way you go.

On 12/1/2022 at 8:40 AM, Teezle said:

Great looking set. A couple questions:

How hard are the foams on the sliding surface, and do they feel different than on the 20.2 pads you had?

The promotional material mentions a more securely attached knee block, and from your pictures it is still the traditional 3-layer sandwich. Does it wiggle much/a little/none less side to side? 

Could you post a picture of their newer FRS strapping in the leg channel?

Just realized I forgot to respond to this

Sliding edge above the knee break is very stiff and solid.  See pic below. 
The area from below knee feels like typical 12.2/20.2

image.png.fe020e2ff5a6b8fd6a6d2e7bacbf1c75.png

Knee block is same assembly as 20.2  Sewn in so it moves less, but not as stiff as Bauer

FRS is same as 12.2

15 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Just realized I forgot to respond to this

Sliding edge above the knee break is very stiff and solid.  See pic below. 
The area from below knee feels like typical 12.2/20.2

image.png.fe020e2ff5a6b8fd6a6d2e7bacbf1c75.png

Knee block is same assembly as 20.2  Sewn in so it moves less, but not as stiff as Bauer

FRS is same as 12.2

Thanks for the information! My set just came in to TGC, so I should receive it next week. Then I've got some decisions to make about which set(s) to keep :)

• 2 weeks later...

How do you guys strap your pads/FRS (tight, loose, specifics?)  Currently having an issue with my right pad having a tendency to stay pointed outwards after getting up from butterfly to a standing position.

My right thighrise overlaps top of the left thighrise in like 99% of situations, if that matters.

Also, does anyone else's 590 do this? If I seal the T/upper half, the wrist lifts off (and puck can slide out), if I push with the wrist down, the pocket/T lifts up and the puck can slide out20230226_215858.thumb.jpg.eeca5fca72a74529c59fdb297feda494.jpg20230226_215908.thumb.jpg.7c2dbc4b9734071e1e9a368cce7f4f85.jpg

Edited by Neomop

19 hours ago, Neomop said:

How do you guys strap your pads/FRS (tight, loose, specifics?)  Currently having an issue with my right pad having a tendency to stay pointed outwards after getting up from butterfly to a standing position.

My right thighrise overlaps top of the left thighrise in like 99% of situations, if that matters.

Also, does anyone else's 590 do this? If I seal the T/upper half, the wrist lifts off (and puck can slide out), if I push with the wrist down, the pocket/T lifts up and the puck can slide out20230226_215858.thumb.jpg.eeca5fca72a74529c59fdb297feda494.jpg20230226_215908.thumb.jpg.7c2dbc4b9734071e1e9a368cce7f4f85.jpg

Every 590 I ever had was like that until it broke down a bit and flexed onto the ice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 6:46 PM, Neomop said:

Mine started this way, but has broken in nicely and now seals well.  You just need a little patience.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know anything about the new cataylst 9x3 lineup coming in terms of the pads and gloves?

I'm just getting a new set but if the 9x3 is a better update of the px3 then I will wait.

On twitter truetempergoalie announced that it will come out on May 15th

My only guess is that it is a lower end version of the px3 like a bauer m5 pro or ccm eflex 5.5

32 minutes ago, Sammmy50 said:

Does anyone know anything about the new cataylst 9x3 lineup coming in terms of the pads and gloves?

I'm just getting a new set but if the 9x3 is a better update of the px3 then I will wait.

On twitter truetempergoalie announced that it will come out on May 15th

My only guess is that it is a lower end version of the px3 like a bauer m5 pro or ccm eflex 5.5

9X3 is overseas pro product. So similar pricing to current pro level product. PX3 is custom-only domestic made pro product at a slightly higher price point.

7X3 should be comparable to M5 Pro and CCM EF6.9 price points.

• Like 1

Getting the pads on the ice this weekend but have used the blocker and catch glove a few times now already. Blocker is great feels well balanced just like I remember but man I can't believe how nice the glove has broken in only after a few skates, thing feels and closes wonderfully, now just to adjust to the break angle lol