Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

14 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Anyone know how these compare size wise to Hyperlites? 

I went from Medium Hyperlites to 33 20.2 and they are pretty spot on. Not positive how the 20.2 compare to the px3 but I think they were trying to get them to be consistent across the board.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Thanks guys, but why couldn’t any of you be a damn large in bauer?!! 

Kidding, I’ll have to try some on just to make sure

ummm...

On 4/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, beansbats said:

I am a large in the Hyperlite and a 34 + 2 in the PX3.

-Steve

Just gonna sneak some customizer pics in here and see what you guys think. I went with a blue theme and then realized the Kraken blue scheme + red kinda looks awesome... I plan on ordering the set this week.

image.thumb.png.2b98fead1f40d5aa8ed31fe747e4aee5.pngimage.png.0ad21fc956fc5e00a833be5104333316.pngimage.thumb.png.80cb2c3ca705231212ee551f728095fb.png

Edited by boon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, beansbats said:

I will check, and reply soon.

Took the pads out last night for the first time and man are they stiff, going to be an adjustment period for sure coming from my reactors. They slide amazing and seal the ice way better then my reactors just the stiffness that will need to get adjusted too.

5 hours ago, boon said:

Just gonna sneak some customizer pics in here and see what you guys think. I went with a blue theme and then realized the Kraken blue scheme + red kinda looks awesome... what do you guys think? I plan on ordering the set this week.

Personally I like to stay away from white nylon anywhere as it tends to look really gross after a couple weeks

Navy nylon in that section with the light blue True logo should really pop

• Like 1

Just now, Chenner29 said:

Personally I like to stay away from white nylon anywhere as it tends to look really gross after a couple weeks

Navy nylon in that section with the light blue True logo should really pop

I was told to go with the weave on the sliding surface for durability, as opposed to the fastglide.

Also was wondering if anyone has tips on how to properly size the pad - I fit in both the 32 and 33, with my knee landing in the middle of the 33, and closer to the top 3/4 of the 32 knee block. How can I determine the best size, and how would changing the boot angle (open [110deg] vs normal [100deg]) affect the fit? What about thigh rise size?

1 hour ago, boon said:

I was told to go with the weave on the sliding surface for durability, as opposed to the fastglide.

Also was wondering if anyone has tips on how to properly size the pad - I fit in both the 32 and 33, with my knee landing in the middle of the 33, and closer to the top 3/4 of the 32 knee block. How can I determine the best size, and how would changing the boot angle (open [110deg] vs normal [100deg]) affect the fit? What about thigh rise size?

Fastglide vs weave is not a durability conversation, it's a performance one. 
Fastglide is great on fresh, dry sheets.  It's the worst material I've personally tried bad if ice is wet and/or choppy
tldr; unless you're getting zams between periods stay away

For sizing
Use a trusted retailer (Rance at Goalie Crease in Toronto has always been great for me)
Use your FTK and compare with sizing chart

I've only gone with open boot, can't offer comparison with normal

Thigh rise size is up to you, you can measure your current pads for comparison

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Use your FTK and compare with sizing chart

I've only gone with open boot, can't offer comparison with normal

Thigh rise size is up to you, you can measure your current pads for comparison

What is your FTK, and what pad size did you go with? Where does your knee land on the block?

Thigh rise sizing is a tough one for me because my current set of pads have softened considerably and this will be my first stiff pad. I'll probably either end up with a 32+3 or 33+2. Thanks for the input, I'm super excited to put my order in this week :D

2 hours ago, Novasteel31 said:

I agree Rance was awesome to work with at the crease.

On a side note Chenner you have had these for a bit now does the thigh rise start to get a bit of an S shape tonite over time or has it held up?

Yes they are taking a slight curve now.  I store them upside down

12 hours ago, boon said:

Just gonna sneak some customizer pics in here and see what you guys think. I went with a blue theme and then realized the Kraken blue scheme + red kinda looks awesome... what do you guys think? I plan on ordering the set this week.

image.thumb.png.2b98fead1f40d5aa8ed31fe747e4aee5.pngimage.png.0ad21fc956fc5e00a833be5104333316.pngimage.thumb.png.80cb2c3ca705231212ee551f728095fb.png

Very similar to the Martin Jones set, not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

Very similar to the Martin Jones set, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yeah, I saw his set on a sportsnet youtube video and really liked the colorful outer roll and white pad face. I was originally going to go with an all-white set, since a decade ago you typically had to order custom to get that, but now a lot of retail sets are all-white or all-black, so I figured I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm ordering custom and go for it. Blue is my fav colour, and I still have mostly white on the set.

I'm pretty happy with it, just need to figure out the sizing and knee zone options. Can someone help with with the differences between "outer outside" and "outer inside" knee wraps? The True customizer descriptions don't really explain much 😆.

image.thumb.png.21e25a55dcb5122e6c57218cb371ed7d.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boon said:

I'm pretty happy with it, just need to figure out the sizing and knee zone options. Can someone help with with the differences between "outer outside" and "outer inside" knee wraps? The True customizer descriptions don't really explain much 😆.

image.thumb.png.21e25a55dcb5122e6c57218cb371ed7d.png

Outer outside is the luongo style knee flap to visually take up space while outer inside is essentially just a semicircle velcro flap

• Like 1

17 hours ago, boon said:

Yeah, I saw his set on a sportsnet youtube video and really liked the colorful outer roll and white pad face. I was originally going to go with an all-white set, since a decade ago you typically had to order custom to get that, but now a lot of retail sets are all-white or all-black, so I figured I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm ordering custom and go for it. Blue is my fav colour, and I still have mostly white on the set.

It's a great look (Georgeiv and probably others rocking it too), and ditto on the all white sentiment. It used to feel weirdly special, but became the "I bounce around the league" look, albeit that does make sense in beer league.

I'm half a dozen skates with these now and I can honestly say I don't know why I didn't switch to a stiffer pad sooner. The first skate was very awkward but it only took me 2 skates to dial in the leg channel and they have felt amazing since. They slide wonderfully on new and old ice and they have already saved a few goals for me by sealing the ice so much better then my old reactors. The build quality is fantastic and they perform exactly how you expect them to everytime you make a movement. Highly recommend and can see why they are so popular amongst the pros. 

On 4/16/2023 at 11:40 AM, Novasteel31 said:

The first skate was very awkward but it only took me 2 skates to dial in the leg channel and they have felt amazing since.

How do you setup the leg channel? I was thinking it would be best to have the top strap done up a bit tighter than the lower strap, but I'm still waiting to get my set.

5 hours ago, boon said:

How do you setup the leg channel? I was thinking it would be best to have the top strap done up a bit tighter than the lower strap, but I'm still waiting to get my set.

I actually like a fairly snug leg channel but you basically nailed it on how I have mine set up. On the frs I have the top portion that sits on my calf tighter and the lower portion loose. I run my knee block starp around my knee but my next skate I am going to try bringing it down to the calf as I have a leather strap from the knee block as well. 

I just put in my order for a new set I went with the retro graphic, my team jerseys are the same as the seattle kraken with a different logo

image.png.3fdea6720ba401a39b6f64ebc8729f4c.pngimage.png.fbb508efcc8a8e694407123d6a45970b.png

33+1.5, single break core, single beak outer roll, soft core, flex boot, 1" nylon strap recessed knee wrap with outer removable inside knee wrap, regular boot angle

image.png.1260ce5bc586045c11dbacbbd41ab196.pngimage.png.22f43cd6557586e573e637d1eb99a5e7.png

regular hand, medium size, half piece cuff, 595 face edge, suregrip, tight hand fit, straight finger protection

image.png.3399043b044b6011e60b9ef37b9be2a6.pngimage.png.3a9b7d49490b4f09a11f1f2109135f90.png

580 break, double tee, suregrip, webbing

I will update when they come in should be about 3 months

• Like 3