Px3 Catalyst

Chenner29

9 hours ago, Sam50 said:

I just put in my order for a new set I went with the retro graphic, my team jerseys are the same as the seattle kraken with a different logo

image.png.3fdea6720ba401a39b6f64ebc8729f4c.pngimage.png.fbb508efcc8a8e694407123d6a45970b.png

33+1.5, single break core, single beak outer roll, soft core, flex boot, 1" nylon strap recessed knee wrap with outer removable inside knee wrap, regular boot angle

image.png.1260ce5bc586045c11dbacbbd41ab196.pngimage.png.22f43cd6557586e573e637d1eb99a5e7.png

regular hand, medium size, half piece cuff, 595 face edge, suregrip, tight hand fit, straight finger protection

image.png.3399043b044b6011e60b9ef37b9be2a6.pngimage.png.3a9b7d49490b4f09a11f1f2109135f90.png

580 break, double tee, suregrip, webbing

I will update when they come in should be about 3 months

Don't be surprised if it comes quicker I got mine in roughly 8 weeks

2 hours ago, redlightloney said:

image.thumb.jpeg.00dea7e005e9bc50e1df60dd973d0a98.jpeg

My new set!

34+2 with 21 FTK

Single internal and external break - soft

Leather strap at knee

580 Break Glove

How has everyone dialed in their FRS? Can’t wait to get these things on the ice and get a feel for them.

Just tested the 12.2 from a friend. I fall in love with the frs strap system. Only want to sell my gnetik 4 now 

Has anyone gone from Brian's Gnetik 5 to the True Px3? I am currently in a 35+1.5 with a 1-3-4 flex. I do have a narrow butterfly. I am really looking at the Trues, but unfortunately where I live I can't go check them out. I'm looking at these and the Optik 3. My Gnetik 5 do over-rotated at times, but I do wear them loose. I am looking at the FRT that True is using and seeing how the stiff thigh and soft boot will affect me. 

9X3s started to roll into my store last week. Glove is a 60 degree break and felt noticeably crappier in terms of stiffness/closure than 20.2.

Note that like the Canadian-made stock models, white-based leg pads will have FastGlide on the sliding edge while black pads will have regular jenpro.

• Sad 1

On 4/30/2023 at 6:45 PM, redlightloney said:

image.thumb.jpeg.00dea7e005e9bc50e1df60dd973d0a98.jpeg

My new set!

34+2 with 21 FTK

Single internal and external break - soft

Leather strap at knee

580 Break Glove

How has everyone dialed in their FRS? Can’t wait to get these things on the ice and get a feel for them.

These look so damn good, well done.  Great use of large color zones and the white logos is a great touch.

So the Sharks had their end of season equipment sale this weekend and I was pleased to pick up a pair of PX3 pads made for Eetu Makiniemi who played just a few games for them this year. 

I didn’t expect to find these and had recently purchased a new stock set of 12.2s but it’s nice to have both to compare. These have a non-recessed wraparound knee and under-the-heel leather strap, but otherwise standard FRS strapping, soft boot and soft shin just like stock pads. For anyone interested, the weight of each pad is identical. 5.29 lbs

The thinness of the Px3 thigh boards is immediately noticeable when you strap them on. It feels weird now to go back to the 12.2s which suddenly seem chunky. Also immediately noticeable is that the thigh boards have an S-shape curve in them. I’d swear there’s a second break where the board starts to thin. You can see  wrinkles in the Jen pro there. Thank you Eetu for breaking these in.  I had been hesitant to go with PX3s because I have a narrow butterfly and thought the thigh wouldn’t close the five hole. With these, no problem. I’ll be curious to hear if others with these pads find the thigh boards softening up and holding a curve over time. Since these have already been used for a while, this might represent a look into the future on how they break in.

Another completely unexpected find was a set of Reimer gloves. But the surprise was that the catch glove was a legit True 580 (game ready) made for him (his name is stitched into the glove). It is almost new. Only a few puck marks on the palm and pocket. it matches his 2X-dressed-as-Mach blocker graphic pretty nicely. Interesting to me that he had tried a True glove. Hard to imagine him leaving Bauer. Maybe they were trying to lure him away—or was he just curious?

IMG_3338.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3355.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_1615.webp

IMG_3346.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Edited by Rogie
Added glove photo
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Rogie said:

So the Sharks had their end of season equipment sale this weekend and I was pleased to pick up a pair of PX3 pads made for Eetu Makiniemi who played just a few games for them this year. 

I didn’t expect to find these and had recently purchased a new stock set of 12.2s but it’s nice to have both to compare. These have a non-recessed wraparound knee and under-the-heel leather strap, but otherwise standard FRS strapping, soft boot and soft shin just like stock pads. For anyone interested, the weight of each pad is identical. 5.29 lbs

The thinness of the Px3 thigh boards is immediately noticeable when you strap them on. It feels weird now to go back to the 12.2s which suddenly seem chunky. Also immediately noticeable is that the thigh boards have an S-shape curve in them. I’d swear there’s a second break where the board starts to thin. You can see  wrinkles in the Jen pro there. Thank you Eetu for breaking these in.  I had been hesitant to go with PX3s because I have a narrow butterfly and thought the thigh wouldn’t close the five hole. With these, no problem. I’ll be curious to hear if others with these pads find the thigh boards softening up and holding a curve over time. Since these have already been used for a while, this might represent a look into the future on how they break in.

Another completely unexpected find was a set of Reimer gloves. But the surprise was that the catch glove was a legit True 580 (game ready) made for him (his name is stitched into the glove). It is almost new. Only a few puck marks on the palm and pocket. it matches his 2X-dressed-as-Mach blocker graphic pretty nicely. Interesting to me that he had tried a True glove. Hard to imagine him leaving Bauer. Maybe they were trying to lure him away—or was he just curious?

So either Lefevre put a running change in to the thigh rise, or they've made another pro-only option. 

On your set, the pads thin out noticeably closer to the knee block assembly than on mine

image.png.6b5dccbf7b40374891232d68b45d1310.pngimage.png.50af1d77e25ebceaba040f051985b990.png

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

So either Lefevre put a running change in to the thigh rise, or they've made another pro-only option. 

On your set, the pads thin out noticeably closer to the knee block assembly than on mine

image.png.6b5dccbf7b40374891232d68b45d1310.pngimage.png.50af1d77e25ebceaba040f051985b990.png

Also the torsional flex in that picture of him dropping makes me think older spec skinned PX3

Great comparison photo. I think you’re right.  Pros probably found this design too flexible and they made the change when they went into production. I initially thought it might have been a 12.2 skinned as PX3 too, but that wouldn’t explain the thinned out knee which is the defining characteristic of the model.  Even so, while it’s more flexible, it doesn’t seem any more flexible than the 12.2 so maybe that was their baseline. The production PX3 certainly takes thigh board stiffness  up a huge notch. 

I do wonder if and how they’re going to satisfy goalies who want the flex / S-curve from the 12.2 since they’re not making it anymore. Seems like a huge gap for everyone they got into the 12.2.  Or, is this how they’re planning to differentiate their line away from eFlex as they go forward?  

In any case. Man, are these high quality pads. I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to take a look at a set in person to check them out. 

25 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Also the torsional flex in that picture of him dropping makes me think older spec skinned PX3

Maybe that’s why he only lasted a few games with the Sharks! He couldn’t seal the ice. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Rogie said:

Great comparison photo. I think you’re right.  Pros probably found this design too flexible and they made the change when they went into production. I initially thought it might have been a 12.2 skinned as PX3 too, but that wouldn’t explain the thinned out knee which is the defining characteristic of the model.  Even so, while it’s more flexible, it doesn’t seem any more flexible than the 12.2 so maybe that was their baseline. The production PX3 certainly takes thigh board stiffness  up a huge notch. 

I do wonder if and how they’re going to satisfy goalies who want the flex / S-curve from the 12.2 since they’re not making it anymore. Seems like a huge gap for everyone they got into the 12.2.  Or, is this how they’re planning to differentiate their line away from eFlex as they go forward?  

In any case. Man, are these high quality pads. I encourage anyone who has the opportunity to take a look at a set in person to check them out. 

I don't think the thighs you have were an early version.  @Teezle shared this pic of some Bobrovsky 12.2s back when the thread first started (around the time the name change was announced from 12.X to PX).  If anything, these are likely the prototype of what became the PX line

Note Bob is now in a 12.2 branded line with the same thigh rise notch as PX, that is probably what we are going to see at retail next year for HZRDUS (Hx3?)

image.png.7be47f1736da1e1f3e63c64ef568a169.png

11 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

I don't think the thighs you have were an early version.  @Teezle shared this pic of some Bobrovsky 12.2s back when the thread first started (around the time the name change was announced from 12.X to PX).  If anything, these are likely the prototype of what became the PX line

Note Bob is now in a 12.2 branded line with the same thigh rise notch as PX, that is probably what we are going to see at retail next year for HZRDUS (Hx3?)

image.png.7be47f1736da1e1f3e63c64ef568a169.png

For a second I thought you were saying that @Teezle was the The Thin Red Line guy on Youtube. 

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

I am not this person.

I don't know who this person is.

Sorry :)

Actor guy who was in the Suicide Squad movies and some other stuff, who kinda looks like the goalie youtuber "The Thin Red Line.". IIRC the youtuber bought some Bobrovsky pro returns that were PXs skinner as 12.2

39 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Actor guy who was in the Suicide Squad movies and some other stuff, who kinda looks like the goalie youtuber "The Thin Red Line.". IIRC the youtuber bought some Bobrovsky pro returns that were PXs skinner as 12.2

The More You Know GIFs | Tenor

My set arrived today.  Thank you @Chenner29, @Aquilzz, and @turbototts for the advice back in March.  This set took exactly 8 weeks from order to my house. 
- 34 + 1, soft break, ultra soft boot, 2 leather straps, recessed knee with inner knee wrap. 
- 600 break, single T, pro palm 

- Blocker has curved finger guard

Yes I know my glove color zones don’t match blocker and pads, I wanted it that way 😄

IMG_6987.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeTheGoalie said:

My set arrived today.  Thank you @Chenner29, @Aquilzz, and @turbototts for the advice back in March.  This set took exactly 8 weeks from order to my house. 
- 34 + 1, soft break, ultra soft boot, 2 leather straps, recessed knee with inner knee wrap. 
- 600 break, single T, pro palm 

- Blocker has curved finger guard

Yes I know my glove color zones don’t match blocker and pads, I wanted it that way 😄

IMG_6987.jpeg

Great colours 👍!

• Thanks 1