Bauer Hyperlite 2

Snowman30

2 hours ago, netminder said:

You can already see flashes of OD1N 1S quality.  The face of the pad is a different shade white vs the pure white knee and calf blocks. And i suspect you still cant pick a custom thigh rise option or single break below knee with stiff upper choice......so essentially still a road hockey pad and you get what you get non-customization sizing and all goalie are born of the same leg lengths. lol.

Have you tried turning them on and off again?

13 hours ago, netminder said:

You can already see flashes of OD1N 1S quality.  The face of the pad is a different shade white vs the pure white knee and calf blocks. And i suspect you still cant pick a custom thigh rise option or single break below knee with stiff upper choice......so essentially still a road hockey pad and you get what you get non-customization sizing and all goalie are born of the same leg lengths. lol.

Yeah they’ll probably suck. I bet thats why so many NHLers and other pros use Bauer gear

• Like 3

Back to the topic, I'm so in love with my 3X that I'm quite looking forward to the Hyperlight 2. I wonder how the 2nd tier will be like. Depending on my budget at the time, I might spring for a top pair.

It would be cool if they did have a +2 option this time around. 

3 hours ago, johncho said:

Back to the topic, I'm so in love with my 3X that I'm quite looking forward to the Hyperlight 2. I wonder how the 2nd tier will be like. Depending on my budget at the time, I might spring for a top pair.

It would be cool if they did have a +2 option this time around. 

If they follow the same pattern, they may introduce a similar integrated calf wing like they did with the Mach. Perhaps with more give? 

Akin to the Stabiliflex vs  Stabilislide.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

If they follow the same pattern, they may introduce a similar integrated calf wing like they did with the Mach. Perhaps with more give? 

Akin to the Stabiliflex vs  Stabilislide.  

I’m curious to see what happens with the glove. Vapor gloves seem to be more popular among younger kids and beer leaguers while the supreme line dominates juniors, college, and pro in part thanks to its size. I could be completely mistaking that but that’s just been my personal observation 

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’m curious to see what happens with the glove. Vapor gloves seem to be more popular among younger kids and beer leaguers while the supreme line dominates juniors, college, and pro in part thanks to its size. I could be completely mistaking that but that’s just been my personal observation 

I don't think the Vapour gloves have been any good until the Hyperlite line. 1X wasn't good, and the 2x, while better, still fell behind. 

May have something to do with the lack of adoption at the professional level. Why settle for a lesser 60 degree break glove when CCM/True and even Vaughn can fill that category a lot better? 

6 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

That's because the 60 degree glove break is the worst and the pros know what's up :)

All I want for my birthday/Hanukkah is for Bauer to make their 580 clones available to non-pro customers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1