2018 Olympic Gear

TheGoalNet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connected with Schelling and someone on the team staff... 

She said she buys her own gear and that's what was cost affordable. Someone on team pointed out that the gear is more expensive in Switzerland because of the duty and women goalies do not break down gear like men goalies. Probably an effect of player weight and shot velocity. 

On 2/12/2018 at 6:35 PM, ULTIMA said:

Lots of people seem to hate on this graphic but I think it looks very nice

On a somewhat unrelated note Koho is dead and people should embrace embrace the evolution (or revolution) of the new gear from Lefebvre.

It's not dead - just resting. You know it will return in some form or another down the line again. Hell, Total Hockey had Titan stuff a few years ago.

Not to mention too that Mike has enough Koho gear to open a Koho store (at the Echelon Mall maybe?).

Koho is like Jason Vorhees... never dead and always kicking ass.

NKyd3tm.gif

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Connected with Schelling and someone on the team staff... 

She said she buys her own gear and that's what was cost affordable. Someone on team pointed out that the gear is more expensive in Switzerland because of the duty and women goalies do not break down gear like men goalies. Probably an effect of player weight and shot velocity. 

Great intel

There wasn't a bigger Koho goalie gear owner than me at once point. But it's a dead brand, think whatever you want but there's no wisdom from anyone besides the older generation to bring the name back full time. Kids and modern goalies don't care to see something from the past.

And I'm sorry,  haven't seen any Friday The 13th films released in over 10 years.

You guys need to move on.

45 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

There wasn't a bigger Koho goalie gear owner than me at once point. But it's a dead brand, think whatever you want but there's no wisdom from anyone besides the older generation to bring the name back full time. Kids and modern goalies don't care to see something from the past.

And I'm sorry,  haven't seen any Friday The 13th films released in over 10 years.

I have moved on. See the last post on the previous page.

I try and use plenty of other gear.  Might pull the trigger on a pair of Bauers here shortly. 

But I have my favorite. 

Time will tell if it makes another come back. I will agree it's a harder sell to the younger crowd.  I was playing open last  year. Kid maybe 14 came up to me and said "where did you get those pads? I've never heard of that brand before. "  

my first thought was crap I'm old. I explained to him they were made by the same folks that make Ccm 

17 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Unfortunately I agree. It's one of my favorite brands... and for that reason it's why I had two 580 gloves made with the Koho branding when i bought my set. Couldn't stand the idea of a Reebok branded glove (even though the internals were exactly the same.) 

RIP Koho...

Image result for one for my homies 

I hated Reebok / RBK on gear, but I wore it because of Lefevre. But I didn't like Koho anymore or less than CCM. CCM by Lefevre is exactly the same to me as Koho by Lefevre. 

I am more sad that we can't get a 560 or 580 graphic on a retroflex than I am about the koho brand / logo on my gear. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Unfortunately I agree. It's one of my favorite brands... and for that reason it's why I had two 580 gloves made with the Koho branding when i bought my set. Couldn't stand the idea of a Reebok branded glove (even though the internals were exactly the same.) 

RIP Koho...

Image result for one for my homies 

Pooring out that Malt Liquor into the drain is ALCOHOL ABUSE!!!!!

Archived