2018 Olympic Gear

TheGoalNet

On 2/14/2018 at 4:32 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Connected with Schelling and someone on the team staff... 

She said she buys her own gear and that's what was cost affordable. Someone on team pointed out that the gear is more expensive in Switzerland because of the duty and women goalies do not break down gear like men goalies. Probably an effect of player weight and shot velocity. 

Here's the main CCM dealer in Switzerland. Prices are in Swiss Francs but exchange rate is roughly 1:1 with USD$. Senior CCM pads are roughly half the price of the Pro pads. But normally, when you play high-level the team pays. But then Florence is playing in Sweden, so I don't know how they do it there. Hockey Monkey ships to Switzerland, so don't know why she doesn't just go that route.

ccm.JPG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Dalton with a backward curve

Genoni with Zero G / Prostock pads and the Theif glove. Both of those products have been out of retail for 10 years! 

Does Brian's build them for him still? Would seem like it wouldn't be lucrative to build well-out-of-date gear for one guy.

Or did he just stockpile on them?

10 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Does Brian's build them for him still? Would seem like it wouldn't be lucrative to build well-out-of-date gear for one guy.

Or did he just stockpile on them?

You just wonder what a company will do for someone when that person will be on the world’s biggest stage.

That being said- a Zero G pad plays a LOT like a modern pad, and it’s not THAT old, so they may even have patterns and will do it for a price. 

34 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

You just wonder what a company will do for someone when that person will be on the world’s biggest stage.

That being said- a Zero G pad plays a LOT like a modern pad, and it’s not THAT old, so they may even have patterns and will do it for a price. 

As long as they still have the dies, Brian's will make you anything you want that they have made over the course of the company. You can get there gear from earlier 90's made, but the cost won't be cheap. There are one company that will do that. The one glove I want to get is the 90's Air Hook, had one at the end of Jr.

On 2/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, Snowman30 said:

As long as they still have the dies, Brian's will make you anything you want that they have made over the course of the company. You can get there gear from earlier 90's made, but the cost won't be cheap. There are one company that will do that. The one glove I want to get is the 90's Air Hook, had one at the end of Jr.

I would actually thinking pad cores might be a complication too with leg pads. Companies purchase the cores from other suppliers 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I would actually thinking pad cores might be a complication too with leg pads. Companies purchase the cores from other suppliers 

I believe the main owner of Brians is also the owner of the company where most of the foam for pads comes from. I cannot remember off the top of head the name but when ownership changed out the bankruptcy he was the main investor in Brian's. That is why they have alot of new foam core technologies too.

23 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I believe the main owner of Brians is also the owner of the company where most of the foam for pads comes from. I cannot remember off the top of head the name but when ownership changed out the bankruptcy he was the main investor in Brian's. That is why they have alot of new foam core technologies too.

That is correct, but I believe (nearly positive) the plastics / foam company has sold their stake. 

Any of the pads that have molded cores require molds (expensive tooling) and then to be installed into a molding press to run. If the company changes the core design, that means new tooling is required. 

To make a legacy model, it would be very expensive to keep the old molds maintained, then load them up, make 1 core, and then de-install them again 

I don’t believe Brian’s cores are molded in this fashion, but pieces is the CCM and Bauer cores are. Long term this could be an issue with keeping pros in legacy models. 

A glove, blocker, or pad made of sheet foam would be way easier to whip up 

If you are wondering, molded cores look like a styrofoam material and would be made in the same fashion as a styrofoam coffee cup or disposable cooler. Mold making is about high volume applications, like millions of cups. 

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That is correct, but I believe (nearly positive) the plastics / foam company has sold their stake. 

Any of the pads that have molded cores require molds (expensive tooling) and then to be installed into a molding press to run. If the company changes the core design, that means new tooling is required. 

To make a legacy model, it would be very expensive to keep the old molds maintained, then load them up, make 1 core, and then de-install them again 

I don’t believe Brian’s cores are molded in this fashion, but pieces is the CCM and Bauer cores are. Long term this could be an issue with keeping pros in legacy models. 

A glove, blocker, or pad made of sheet foam would be way easier to whip up 

If you are wondering, molded cores look like a styrofoam material and would be made in the same fashion as a styrofoam coffee cup or disposable cooler. Mold making is about high volume applications, like millions of cups. 

I am certain that moulds for foam cores also have a life cycle, and most likely the quality starts to degrade with time. That would also come into play for the older moulds. Why make a new mould or repair one at the end of the line when the next gen is coming?

31 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

I know height doesn't mean much (if anything, really) when on the topic on pad size, but I'm 5ft5 and I wear 30+2 CCM Premiers. I could fit 31's though. But Yeah, I'm a short goalie I know. :)

I’m barely 5’7” (more like 5’6” 3/4s). I’m in 32plus 1 koho vintages 

ive played in 33+1 Bauer’s, other Koho’s down to 31’s 

Archived