My pads are turning yellow

Lukas

On 12/10/2022 at 3:32 AM, Korppi32 said:

That new "vintage" color looks almost better. I wouldn't do any DIY painting, I bet it would end up even worse. It is what it is.

I had that thought too, looks like it's a purposeful vintage cream color... didn't want to sound like I was minimizing that this sucks by mentioning it earlier

I've seen this yellowing happen to a pair of Bauer 2S that sat in the back corner of a GoalieMonkey. 
The entire goalie area is walled off, no glass.  So zero UV light contact from the sun

IIRC this was when Ultrasonic was coming out and they were putting the 2S stuff on clearance - so the pads were about 2 years old at that point

• 1 year later...

This is a known issue with Bauer goalie pads. You don't have to expose them to UV light, they will yellow anywhere you store them.

There is nothing that can be done about it. You cannot paint them since the material is porous.

14 year old pads from Reebok against 3 year old pads from Bauer.

IMG_9175.jpeg

Edited by electroshock
uplloading an image
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Holy Necro-bump...

You don't want to look at off white Bauer pads? 

Fortunately my Ultrasonics haven't had any yellowing of the skin material. Some tinting due to posts, but close to the same colour they originally were. Which was still slighty off from the white of the landing area and backside. 

20231219_152456.jpg

20231219_152501.jpg

Ultrasonic+Mach.jpg