Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

45 minutes ago, sescaro said:

I just got my set of custom 3X about two months ago.  I don’t regret it - love the pads and blocker and am close to telling the glove “I love you, too”.  I am a little jealous of the fact you can put silver in any of the zones on the X5, though!  I loved Logan Thompson’s all silver set up from last(?) year.  

On a separate note - has anyone heard price point rumors on the performance line Konekt?  

Did you need to size up with the flatter boot? 

1 hour ago, xmikex32 said:

Did you need to size up with the flatter boot? 

I did.  I went from a 32+2” Vaughn V8 to the S (33+1”) in the 3X.  The pads are almost identical as far as knee block positioning when matched up to each other. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure this has been covers but my Google skills are lacking but what are the differences between the vapor and supreme blockers? I can see the obvious  with the board shape and the thickness. The supreme seems more sloped and the board is thicker. The vapor is thinner and flatter. Do they play different or is the board higher than the other? 

43 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

I’m sure this has been covers but my Google skills are lacking but what are the differences between the vapor and supreme blockers? I can see the obvious  with the board shape and the thickness. The supreme seems more sloped and the board is thicker. The vapor is thinner and flatter. Do they play different or is the board higher than the other? 

The hyperlite 2 board is higher than hyperlite was. Hyperlite was the same as Mach from my understanding

3 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

Sidewall shape is different, too.

Board composition is different. Mach is HD foam + Curv, Hyperlite 2 is Rebound Boost + Curv. IIRC from using HL1 and Mach, Rebound Boost is a little softer and spongier-feeling. I think rebounds are slightly harder off Supreme, but it's close.

Hyperlite 1 had a thumb pillow, Supreme family doesn't. I think HL2 has the thumb pillow too. You can add/delete the thumb pillow if you go Pro Custom.

2 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

What do you mean by higher? Like palm sits lower on the board?

Yes, Bauer moved the palm on HL2 one centimeter lower.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 3

Incoming... Except mine will be full right... Guess making the mockup backwards would've broken the bank 😂😂

Specs are as followed:

Pads: 

Mach Construction

Semi soft flex (2x pro)

Supreme 120 soft boot

Stabiliflex knee

Adjustable knee wing

Mach calf bracket

Offset vapor toe bridge

Vapor Strapping

Vapor Tune fit strapping

Glove:

Pro palm

Mach grip print internals

DCT padding at thumb area

Single tee reinforced

waxed skate lace pocket

Vapor 90 construction

Blocker:

Mach construction

no thumb pillow

image.thumb.jpeg.a8a060c74a70651a899407612a81694b.jpeg

• Like 6

Hey guys so I’m stuck on what size to get or model to get. I know the model part has a lot to do with personal preference so that’s more on me. I went and tried on some M5’s and some hyperlites just for sizing I would be getting 3x/x5 if I was to go with vapor. My LHS doesn’t have the widest selection. I tried on the m5 in medium and large in HL. I had my skates on and seemed to land on the knee stack with some room on both pads. The HL did have me landing slightly lower on the stack. I asked the associate there what he thought and got you look like you fit in both sizes.

There wasn’t a lot of room to drop down and on carpet I was kind of in an awkwardly wide BF. When I’m on the ice will that change where my knee comes down since the pad can slide and move around more? My FTK depending on where I hyper fixate center is roughly 20.5, putting me in the end of medium and the start of large. Will the m5 steeper boot break down over time and shorten or should I expect the height to stay roughly the same? I’m currently in 34 warriors and landing little bit higher than center but it hasn’t seems to hamper my play at all. I would prefer smaller pads to be more agile and not clunky.

as for the thigh rise the m5 definitely seems to have a bigger thigh rise due to the straighter profile. my concern is that if I was to go larger in M5’s(larges) the thigh rise would be too tall now and when I dropped down it would stick too far out in front of me messing with my stick placement. I’m little worried right now with the m5 messing with my stick placement.  

Several members  have helped me so much and I don’t want to beat a dead horse but I’ll be ordering the pads online and can’t just easily exchange them. 

18 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Hey guys so I’m stuck on what size to get or model to get. I know the model part has a lot to do with personal preference so that’s more on me. I went and tried on some M5’s and some hyperlites just for sizing I would be getting 3x/x5 if I was to go with vapor. My LHS doesn’t have the widest selection. I tried on the m5 in medium and large in HL. I had my skates on and seemed to land on the knee stack with some room on both pads. The HL did have me landing slightly lower on the stack. I asked the associate there what he thought and got you look like you fit in both sizes.

There wasn’t a lot of room to drop down and on carpet I was kind of in an awkwardly wide BF. When I’m on the ice will that change where my knee comes down since the pad can slide and move around more? My FTK depending on where I hyper fixate center is roughly 20.5, putting me in the end of medium and the start of large. Will the m5 steeper boot break down over time and shorten or should I expect the height to stay roughly the same? I’m currently in 34 warriors and landing little bit higher than center but it hasn’t seems to hamper my play at all. I would prefer smaller pads to be more agile and not clunky.

as for the thigh rise the m5 definitely seems to have a bigger thigh rise due to the straighter profile. my concern is that if I was to go larger in M5’s(larges) the thigh rise would be too tall now and when I dropped down it would stick too far out in front of me messing with my stick placement. I’m little worried right now with the m5 messing with my stick placement.  

Several members  have helped me so much and I don’t want to beat a dead horse but I’ll be ordering the pads online and can’t just easily exchange them. 

Sounds like Medium is the right size for you. Are you in the US? You can take advantage of Pure Hockey's return policy and return used gear: https://goalie.purehockey.com/support/Returns_and_Warranties/pg_id/11

On 5/7/2023 at 5:18 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Incoming... Except mine will be full right... Guess making the mockup backwards would've broken the bank 😂😂

Specs are as followed:

Pads: 

Mach Construction

Semi soft flex (2x pro)

Supreme 120 soft boot

Stabiliflex knee

Adjustable knee wing

Mach calf bracket

Offset vapor toe bridge

Vapor Strapping

Vapor Tune fit strapping

Glove:

Pro palm

Mach grip print internals

DCT padding at thumb area

Single tee reinforced

waxed skate lace pocket

Vapor 90 construction

Blocker:

Mach construction

no thumb pillow

image.thumb.jpeg.a8a060c74a70651a899407612a81694b.jpeg

I see you've taken after @ThatCarGuy's lack of colour in gear. 

Real shame with the youths today. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I see you've taken after @ThatCarGuy's lack of colour in gear. 

Real shame with the youths today. 

Only because I wanted to try a couple sets. If timing permits I’ll get a team color set with red, white, and navy. Thinking something like these

Screenshot2023-04-204_02_29PM.png.cd25c4edc6d82e3332c00af0046ffe9f.png

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 4/1/2023 at 8:08 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Mach is a big 590 meant for fingers up goalies, hy2rlite is a 590 meant for fingers out goalies, and vapor 90 is a 580

My LHS doesn't have any vapor gloves to try on and after reading some reviews its more 590(ish) with the mach being 600(ish). In theory the mach should feel more like a warrior glove but its been pointed out different gloves from different brands don't line up exactly. When I tried on the mach the closure felt more finger dominate( Fingers tips to thumb tip. 

From my research it seems people have said the hyperlite SHOULD be more finger dominant. Is the vapor glove actually more finger tips closure or is it fingers the palm/ thumb meat? I have seen contradictory information online, would this be another personal preference on feel?

1 hour ago, xmikex32 said:

My LHS doesn't have any vapor gloves to try on and after reading some reviews its more 590(ish) with the mach being 600(ish). In theory the mach should feel more like a warrior glove but its been pointed out different gloves from different brands don't line up exactly. When I tried on the mach the closure felt more finger dominate( Fingers tips to thumb tip. 

From my research it seems people have said the hyperlite SHOULD be more finger dominant. Is the vapor glove actually more finger tips closure or is it fingers the palm/ thumb meat? I have seen contradictory information online, would this be another personal preference on feel?

Vapor, especially with the changes to hyperlite 2, is 100% a fingers to palm closure.

4 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Vapor, especially with the changes to hyperlite 2, is 100% a fingers to palm closure.

even though its 60 and not 75 like warrior would the vapor feel more like a warrior than the 75 mach? I know its not apples to apples

7 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

even though its 60 and not 75 like warrior would the vapor feel more like a warrior than the 75 mach? I know its not apples to apples

You really need to go try one on in store. 

Describing glove feel over the interwebz is never going to be accurate. 

Alright Bauer friends, what do you guys make of this?

I'm about to pull the trigger on some Bauer gear after much deliberation.  Regarding size of pads, here's the deal:

-just a hair under 5'11

-FTK 20.5

-my custom Vaughns have no size but I know they are 34.5ish and my previous ones were 35. 

-I've gathered that I am likely a Medium in Bauer.  @Chenner29 wants me in XS because he's obsessed with small pads. 

-I have a narrow butterfly and for me, closing the tops when down is not really a thing.  I take a lot of pucks to my knee pads. 

I came across a size L M5 pads in a LHS and here it is side by side with my custom V9 pads.

What say you guys?

20230430_165212.jpg

20230430_165235.jpg

20230430_165340.jpg

20230430_165326.jpg

20230430_165522.jpg

20230430_165218.jpg