Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Is it a buyer for your axis 2 set? 

MEAN.

Here's the set.

20230531_162750.thumb.jpg.c69ee03a06f4586306b47401f9d008ad.jpg

Vapor 90 vs True 580.

Note the differences in the shape of the cuff, steepness of the thumb, location of the tee, shape of the fingers/palm.

20230531_180155.thumb.jpg.8c97f6c83809ac1c38b0565802e70522.jpg

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

MEAN.

Here's the set.

Vapor 90 vs True 580.

Note the differences in the shape of the cuff, steepness of the thumb, location of the tee, shape of the fingers/palm.

Also the cuff angle against your forearm, we didn't get a pic of this.

The Lefevre flares forward on the thumb side whereas the Bauer does not. 

Hand position in the Lefevre felt slightly tilted back, gave glove a more open feel

1 minute ago, mike122976 said:

when was your oder date?

Bauer charged my card Apr.28/23

nice lookn set by the way

Paid on 4/11 but had originally submitted my order 3/24. There was a mixup with my order form that caused a delay in payment. They might have bumped my order up. It's just over 7 weeks since I paid, or 10 weeks since the order was submitted.

Mine was similar..order submitted Mar 25 and then charged April 28.

Im expecting my set 3rd week of June...hope they come in sooner, lol!

are you in the US? mine was form a store here in Ontario Canada..I thoguht mine would be a little faster as they are made in Quebec im pretty sure.

Edited by mike122976

16 minutes ago, mike122976 said:

are you in the US? mine was form a store here in Ontario Canada..I thoguht mine would be a little faster as they are made in Quebec im pretty sure.

US.

Sadly, Bauer custom is made in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, mike122976 said:

SERIOUSLY?...I had the PRO CUSTOM...dunno if that maes a differnce. 

Yep, Pro and Pro Custom are both made in Thailand for years now. The goalie gear has made in Thailand stickers and the box has "Cortina" tape which is the factory in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Yep, Pro and Pro Custom are both made in Thailand for years now. The goalie gear has made in Thailand stickers and the box has "Cortina" tape which is the factory in Thailand.

WOW. so sad. I did not know that...explains the 1-2 week build time and 7-9 weeks shipping :( 
How does your glove feel? I was hoping the internal feel is like my old Mckenney pro 855 glove

4 minutes ago, mike122976 said:

WOW. so sad. I did not know that...explains the 1-2 week build time and 7-9 weeks shipping :( 
How does your glove feel? I was hoping the internal feel is like my old Mckenney pro 855 glove

IIRC they ship it air. My set has a build date of May 2023, so I think they can assemble and ship pretty quick.

Never used McKenney, so I can't comment on that, but this feels like a 580 but with a couple twists. Havrnt used these yet, but a True 580 does seem to feel superior from my out of the box comparison.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Paid on 4/11 but had originally submitted my order 3/24. There was a mixup with my order form that caused a delay in payment. They might have bumped my order up. It's just over 7 weeks since I paid, or 10 weeks since the order was submitted.

2 hours ago, mike122976 said:

I got my order submitted on april 19th and payment submitted april 24th. Most recently heard it should be getting here june 16th.

My warrior set on the other hand was placed March 29th and should be here June 7th

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Never used McKenney, so I can't comment on that, but this feels like a 580 but with a couple twists. Havrnt used these yet, but a True 580 does seem to feel superior from my out of the box comparison.

Absolutely adore the shape of the bauer over the true/ccm 580. Much more linear and not the stupid L shape like True and CCM

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Absolutely adore the shape of the bauer over the true/ccm 580. Much more linear and not the stupid L shape like True and CCM

have to agree with Thatcarguy...hate the L shape..I had a custom made Viper done back in 2012..had that shape (CCM retro flex ghost set)...hated it.
How do you get updates on your set? I got mine through a Bauer rep from a store...I got it for a great price so I guess I really cannot complain

48 minutes ago, RedX said:

Agreed, the steeper thumb angle is much better on the Lefebvre. Plus I think they present much better. 

Same here, my hand feels locked in to a handshake position on a Bauer 580. 
The Lefevre gloves seem more ergonomically friendly.  The hand is pitched slightly backward and there is more separation between forearm and blocking surface cuff.

1 hour ago, mike122976 said:

have to agree with Thatcarguy...hate the L shape..I had a custom made Viper done back in 2012..had that shape (CCM retro flex ghost set)...hated it.
How do you get updates on your set? I got mine through a Bauer rep from a store...I got it for a great price so I guess I really cannot complain

I called bauer directly and provided the order number I was given when placing my order