CCM Eflex 6 gear pictures

Snowman30

On 4/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, Madmedic6 said:

Everytime I did filled colors on the glove from the pads on the ccm customizer it would change that area on the pads. 

I just had a hell of a time with the customizer. Zones I, J, K and L kept switching back to White Speedskin instead of White Emboss (or any other color I was selecting).

And I kept getting an error with EFlex 6 Logo color being the same as a certain Zone despite that Zone not being the color of the EFlex logo. Plus the slow loading times when swapping between graphic types or matching colors from the pad/glove/blocker was very annoying.

I also wasn't feeling the default colorway when matching the pad color zones to the glove and blocker - as seen below.

PureFlashbackSame.png.5c9c9aef45134e0248d72053a41e08c8.png

So I tweaked it and I think I like the following way more:

RedFlashbackSet.thumb.png.21a1f3a7f4df2bcc1d9a5bfc6a020107.png

Gonna sit on this and think about if I really want to pull the trigger on this.

Edited by ZeroGravitas
  • Like 1

Noticed today that Eflex 5 is still available for order on goaliemonkey.com. Wonder if ccm is going to keep Eflex 5 around as a pro custom option for the traditionalists. Either that or someone forgot to update the site. 

Markstrom still switching back and forth between 580 and 581 is now somewhere between, using a 580 with a 581 backhand

6B82816D-61F6-4B65-9EA1-A7D32CFC1572.thumb.jpeg.1f09a7c476bd455ea95af5efd1c81a4b.jpeg

On 4/10/2023 at 6:18 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

Stauber's Goal Crease with a closure video.

I am pretty impressed with the glove from things I've seen online. I'm interested to get my hands on one to feel it and really hoping I like it more than the 591. I like this push from manufacturers to make 580 styles more available, at least, variety is such a fun flavor of life.

6 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.83f2e1b135e56783deb6bb798c012e63.jpeg

His masks were always so beautiful. I follow their Instagram just to see the top notch paint jobs they continue to put out on their masks. Love it!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I just looked at the custom catalogue. I love the variety of strapping options they have. What does everyone know about the new mask they have Demo and Markstrom wearing? It looks like they might be "copying" airexess (the mask Hiller and Berra wore) by putting all of the clips on the backplate.

image.thumb.png.320fc7a351081e540f80070b1e709f63.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.83f2e1b135e56783deb6bb798c012e63.jpeg

I’ve had it in my hands and on my head and while I’m excited about it from an engineering standpoint, man is it an ugly helmet and I’m worried if it’ll even fit anyone properly. 

9 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’ve had it in my hands and on my head and while I’m excited about it from an engineering standpoint, man is it an ugly helmet and I’m worried if it’ll even fit anyone properly. 

So the straps are on the back? The only part that is ugly to me is the vent holes, other than that its ok.

5 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

So the straps are on the back? The only part that is ugly to me is the vent holes, other than that its ok.

I think this picture might highlight better what you're talking about... lack of snaps on the top of the shell and instead snapping to the backplate...

image.png.52ef57182c8c50a21fcdc6584001f377.png

5 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Saw some EF6.5 and EF6.9 gear boxes roll into my workplace. Didn't see any EF6 Pro boxes though. Everything was boxed up so I didn't get to take a look at the gear itself.

We have it all out on the sales floor. I'm digging the pads. But mine will be heavily modified. 😅

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Saw some EF6.5 and EF6.9 gear boxes roll into my workplace. Didn't see any EF6 Pro boxes though. Everything was boxed up so I didn't get to take a look at the gear itself.

Soon my friend, soon. Ours are here last I checked. They won’t let me go grab it yet though

The one piece of eflex6 gear I'm worried about is the chesty. It's way different than previous models. And the arm protect feels thin and weak. The breathable mesh did have me interested though as my axis 2 is a steam room... I just don't want to fork out the coin and need to form out more to beef it up. 

2 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

The one piece of eflex6 gear I'm worried about is the chesty. It's way different than previous models. And the arm protect feels thin and weak. The breathable mesh did have me interested though as my axis 2 is a steam room... I just don't want to fork out the coin and need to form out more to beef it up. 

Any reason to be against getting a Mach/hyperlite 2, X4 Pro, or Vaughn? (Literally anything besides ccm)

4 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Any reason to be against getting a Mach/hyperlite 2, X4 Pro, or Vaughn? (Literally anything besides ccm)

My arms won't fit in the hinged mach arms, I need open arms that I can adjust. The hyperlite 2 is a cheap pos that seems thinner than the eflex6. Never cared for Vaughn and recently got rid of all my warrior gear besides sticks. Might give the optik3 chesty a try when it comes out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 1:19 PM, Madmedic6 said:

Submitted my order a few days ago. Now the long wait begins... Definitely straying from my normal colorway for fun. Vegas gold and silver should be nice. 

Screenshot_20230507-173415.png

Anything different with the 6s vs the 5s?

Would be nice if they gave you the option of where to set the QMSS  strap, like the 1s or 2s, nice option to have. 

1 hour ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Anything different with the 6s vs the 5s?

Would be nice if they gave you the option of where to set the QMSS  strap, like the 1s or 2s, nice option to have. 

Ef6 are stiffer in the thigh compared to the ef5. Not as stiff as the px3/12.2 update but still noticably stiffer. As for qmss, there's plenty of Velcro to get your play style dialed in. The one thing that really appealed to me about ccm is that I was still able to order real (qk5) straps on the leg and wasn't restricted to an elastic only system. 

Edited by Madmedic6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, netminder said:

Goalie monkey released a few new CCM items.... same thing different skin? 

image.png.8b3516686185bb958b20c281a306594a.png

Yes and no. They’re finally a neutral pitch instead of backwards pitch like AS3. They also come with step steel profiled to goalie SAM. The boot itself is also a little softer than AS3 and has an asymmetric cut back of the ankle opening to help with full extension pushes. 

4 hours ago, netminder said:

Ive seen these in person, the back plate is horribly engineered.....

image.thumb.png.0a491de5678a321f6c21bac830522453.png

I actually don’t hate this (assuming it’s protective which is a long shot). Felt very comfy when I tried it on and didn’t notice the back plate too much. That said the backplate does look stupid and I have no way to confirm or deny if it keeps you any cooler. Sternum is probably still too hard to absorb rebounds. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 9:42 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I actually don’t hate this (assuming it’s protective which is a long shot). Felt very comfy when I tried it on and didn’t notice the back plate too much. That said the backplate does look stupid and I have no way to confirm or deny if it keeps you any cooler. Sternum is probably still too hard to absorb rebounds. 

IMO - the last thing I've ever complained about on chest/arms units is the backplate.  Not sure why they chose to devote the time/engineering/capital here when the protection level in the arms of their retail units has always been lacking.

They really should just bring the AB18Pro to retail and be done with it.

• Like 4