Warrior Ritual X4 PRO+

pipe

16 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

From what I can see in their story is that the Pro+ has a horizontal bar that goes across the elbow floater that adds rigidity. 

First picture is the Pro+ where you can see the plastic that spans across. Second picture is the Pro where this is absent.

It almost looks like the Pro+ adds space between the floaters and your arms. Similar to how the old mechanical arms functioned. I don't know fi the the RX3 line was the same either, but I'd guess maybe. 

Screenshot_20230419_140012_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_140006_Instagram.jpg

That was my question answered in those pictures :)

I'm not in the market for a new chest protector, I just wanted to hear what they'd say and hoped to get more details about the differences between the pro and pro+.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

That was my question answered in those pictures :)

I'm not in the market for a new chest protector, I just wanted to hear what they'd say and hoped to get more details about the differences between the pro and pro+.

I'm not in the market either as my Hyperlite is mostly fine. 

Though I'm always on the edge of one new piece of gear away from actually being good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2023 at 9:19 PM, WONGER said:

I went and picked up the non pro+ ca today so I could fit better (or at all) in all my jerseys.  This is pretty much the same as the RX3 I think, at least it's not grey and wont get nasty looking in 3 months. Size aside it feels just as protective as my RX3Pro+ which they advertise to be the case. 

I held the RF2 pro helmet which seemed the same to me.  The shell might have different materials but the foams inside didn't seem noticeably different. 

image.thumb.png.b919ccfa6cdea2926343da8e2f3d898f.png

How's this been holding up for in comparison the RX4 Pro+? 

On 7/28/2023 at 12:56 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

How's this been holding up for in comparison the RX4 Pro+? 

I've been doing a skate with the Wild and another with mixed NHL'ers these last couple weeks and it's standing up quite well.  Some really light bruises occasionally but nothing awful.  I feel like the shoulder ones wouldn't exist with the Pro+ but the light ones on the bicep or forearm might.  So I still love it.  

These are coming from 1T drills or just slapshot drills from the top of the circles.  

2 hours ago, WONGER said:

I've been doing a skate with the Wild and another with mixed NHL'ers these last couple weeks and it's standing up quite well.  Some really light bruises occasionally but nothing awful.  I feel like the shoulder ones wouldn't exist with the Pro+ but the light ones on the bicep or forearm might.  So I still love it.  

These are coming from 1T drills or just slapshot drills from the top of the circles.  

Good to hear.

I picked up the RX3 Pro (not +) and managed to get a bruise on my shoulder from just an upper intermediate skate. So you're probably right with your assessment between Pro and Pro+. 

Could you pls compare X4 PRO+, X4 PRO and X4 E+ in terms of weight/protection/mobility? Chestie and also pants, if possible...  

I have an idea about protection from above, but know almost nothing about weight and/on real experience. Still hesitant between PRO and PRO+ chest.  

Edited by pipe
clarification

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, pipe said:

Finally, I chose PRO chest, due to its smaller size...  Except for a mask and skates, everything else will be Warrior this season. 

To be delivered soon.

Thanx for your help, guys.   

Good choice. I've been using the Pro for a few months now and despite it being the smaller of the two, it's a massive C/A. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 3:32 PM, pipe said:

Finally, I chose PRO chest, due to its smaller size...  Except for a mask and skates, everything else will be Warrior this season. 

To be delivered soon.

Thanx for your help, guys.   

On 9/8/2023 at 11:40 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Good choice. I've been using the Pro for a few months now and despite it being the smaller of the two, it's a massive C/A. 

Curious to hear your guys experience with the Pro after some time.  I ordered the Pro+ and am looking forward to trying it.

1 hour ago, Hockey37 said:

Curious to hear your guys experience with the Pro after some time.  I ordered the Pro+ and am looking forward to trying it.

So far so good. Unit is super beefy but i've never really felt that encumbered. 

It's not as mobile as my rgt pro or my hyperlite, but mobility is still really good and the protection is better than both. 

It took a few months of adjustments to get it right, but now I don't even adjust anything when I put it in, including wrist straps. 

I feel massive in the thing.the shoulder caps are very large as are the arms. It definitely doesn't feel like a "legal" unit. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So far so good. Unit is super beefy but i've never really felt that encumbered. 

It's not as mobile as my rgt pro or my hyperlite, but mobility is still really good and the protection is better than both. 

It took a few months of adjustments to get it right, but now I don't even adjust anything when I put it in, including wrist straps. 

I feel massive in the thing.the shoulder caps are very large as are the arms. It definitely doesn't feel like a "legal" unit. 

I have an X3 Pro+ and I agree with all of those however this unit is super heavy compared to any other retail unit and from my experience runs pretty hot. Looking forward to Mach later this week :)

On 10/26/2023 at 2:05 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

A decent look from behind at how much larger the X4 pro+ is compared to a legal unit

I'm so glad I got the regular pro. 

Screenshot_20231025_170423_Instagram.jpg

More than happy with my X4 pro. Felt a bit warmer at first, due to larger padding on the sides (compared to Vaughn with almost nothing there), but got used to it soon... Especially like the laced arms which can grow up to 2 inches. Perhaps the only solution for my slim body with long arms...  

Edited by pipe

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing around with my X4 Pro+.  Haven't taken it on the ice yet, still trying to get a good feel for it especially the arms.  I think one thing that's been hard to adjust to is the hard elbow caps of the Warrior to the "soft" elbow caps on my old Passau. 

Has anyone done any different strap adjusting on the arms to make it feel better?  One thing that seems to make it feel better to me is shortening/tightening the elastic strap up by the armpit that helps pull the entire front of the arm up more.  Need to try and find a good solution that would hold up without cutting into the straps until I can get it dialed in.

3 hours ago, Hockey37 said:

Been playing around with my X4 Pro+.  Haven't taken it on the ice yet, still trying to get a good feel for it especially the arms.  I think one thing that's been hard to adjust to is the hard elbow caps of the Warrior to the "soft" elbow caps on my old Passau. 

Has anyone done any different strap adjusting on the arms to make it feel better?  One thing that seems to make it feel better to me is shortening/tightening the elastic strap up by the armpit that helps pull the entire front of the arm up more.  Need to try and find a good solution that would hold up without cutting into the straps until I can get it dialed in.

I've kept the upper arm elastics looser and tightening as I've gone down.

For whatever reason, I had a bit of an adjustment period in the elbow caps to act right. I didn't really adjust them but they're behaving better lol 

• Thanks 1