R/GT Sr 10 Month Review + CR1 Review

coopaloop1234

13 hours ago, RichMan said:

I just want to say that, I am pleased with my SR GT glove now, but disappointed that after 12 or so games, there's already some tearing at the top of the T, which means this glove might only have a 1-2 full season lifespan at most it would seem.

I wonder if this was addressed on the SR GT2? @Kirk3190

This seems like it may just be defective. I used my G4 Sr. glove this past winter for 50 plus skates with no wear at all. The outside materials on the G4/GT Sr line are the same as the pro models. I think you were unlucky and got a lemon.

17 hours ago, RichMan said:

I just want to say that, I am pleased with my SR GT glove now, but disappointed that after 12 or so games, there's already some tearing at the top of the T, which means this glove might only have a 1-2 full season lifespan at most it would seem.

I wonder if this was addressed on the SR GT2? @Kirk3190

Are you referring to the same abrasion issues that I took a picture of in my review?  

On 4/22/2019 at 11:23 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Are you referring to the same abrasion issues that I took a picture of in my review?  

Yes, but for mine, the stitching frayed and the material has split open at the front ridge. I know it's not the pro but for 300$ I expect a little more still.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Goalieinneed said:

@coopaloop1234how were the rebounds on the blocker?

For the life of it they were fine. You won't get the super rebounds of the Bauer blockers, but it was still a solid blocker.

I am curious to see how the new hypercomp plays.

Reason I mentioned the life of the blocker is that it's cracked. A split across the face right at the back hand.

20190509_113947(2).thumb.jpg.f8da155a6d7dfbc9b51dc80c1b9449e2.jpg

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

For the life of it they were fine. You won't get the super rebounds of the Bauer blockers, but it was still a solid blocker.

I am curious to see how the new hypercomp plays.

Reason I mentioned the life of the blocker is that it's cracked. A split across the face right at the back hand.

20190509_113947(2).thumb.jpg.f8da155a6d7dfbc9b51dc80c1b9449e2.jpg

Does that have a zipper? Can you replace it?

48 minutes ago, ruckus007 said:

you can with some effort. the blocker pocket area is laced in. 

Bingo 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

Does that have a zipper? Can you replace it?

Plus, at this point my set is a week or so away. I'll be able to live with it for the next 3-4 games. 

Archived