Seattle Expansion

Naz

8 minutes ago, LordOfTheCrease said:

I agree to an extent. I feel as though with the correct unis and even a revamped logo (correct direction of spelling ?) it would be a nice nod to the past to the first ?? team to win Lord Stanley's Cup.

Moving on to topic... ??????

Seattle does have a long hockey history and it would be cool to see them revamp a classic name, like Ottawa did with the Senators 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, RichMan said:

Well, now that we've dusted off our working spaces...

Bringing back original team names is a rare thing. It has happened, such as Winnipeg Jets, but in general, management tend to look for newer and catchier stuff rather than traditional re-intros.

When the NBA were introducing a new team to Toronto, I sent in my application with logos and slogans saying "Bring back the HUSKIES" which were actually their pro team way back in the golden era. Suffice to say, RAPTORS made it, which I don't understand as I've never come across a velociraptor in T-Dot. Unlike Vancouver who chose The GRIZZLIES which made absolute sense. Unfortunately they folded and moved to the US.

Should the NORDIQUES ever come back, I hope they stay true to the name and logo B|

Agreed. Anything other than nordiques in quebec city is just wrong.

I still LOL about the raptors thing. I remember when they named it all of us in 6th grade at the time were cheering and had our mommies buy us all kinds of teal and purple crap. I guess because Jurassic Park was so fresh in our minds?

I'd be all for renaming to the huskies, now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Totems? Oh man the PC crowd will be crying that's exploitation of Native Americans...

Meanwhile Native Americans are some of the most kick ass people in history. Would be cool name. Just could be a headache for the owners and all.

They'll go something safer with no chance of any push back on.

37 minutes ago, MTH said:

Totems? Oh man the PC crowd will be crying that's exploitation of Native Americans...

Meanwhile Native Americans are some of the most kick ass people in history. Would be cool name. Just could be a headache for the owners and all.

They'll go something safer with no chance of any push back on.

No one except extreme fringe cases (which people wouldn't listen to) would cry about the Totems. The name would be fine and accepted. The Canucks logo is based on Haida design and no one has bat an eye.

3 minutes ago, Hills said:

No one except extreme fringe cases (which people wouldn't listen to) would cry about the Totems. The name would be fine and accepted. The Canucks logo is based on Haida design and no one has bat an eye.

Canucks logo is also pretty disjointed between Name/City/Logo.

Same thing as the UBC Thunderbirds, it uses Native art as the logo. Most people over here in Vancouver wouldn't care and actually appreciate the art, it's just that Seattle "Totems" is such an awful name. Just name it the Seattle "Hipsters" and call it day already.

Hipsters is nice. I have to work in Philly's hipster mecca. Wish I could hit them with hockey sticks daily. 

Although they are about the same shape as a hockey stick with the skin tight pants and t-shirts. Bro - shave!

Archived