2022 - 2023 Cup

Fullright

The Oilers are like the Leafs western cousin. Both teams have a ton of money locked up in talented forwards. Then they try to cobble together the rest of the team from the bargain bin. Both teams disappoint come playoffs. 

Also, is the era of the ELITE Canadian goalie over? Price seems to be the last one and he’s toast. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

The Oilers are like the Leafs western cousin. Both teams have a ton of money locked up in talented forwards. Then they try to cobble together the rest of the team from the bargain bin. Both teams disappoint come playoffs. 

Also, is the era of the ELITE Canadian goalie over? Price seems to be the last one and he’s toast. 

100% agree 

It kind of seems like it

9 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I agree, but who's in a better spot? Oilers or Leafs?

Also, Devon Levi is coming up. 

2 hours ago, johncho said:

I agree, but who's in a better spot? Oilers or Leafs?

Also, Devon Levi is coming up. 

Oilers. 

McDrai is far more talented than Matthews/Marner/Tavares/Nylander and a hell of a lot cheaper. 

Though the one thing that both teams have in common is the consistent question marks in net and defense. Can't believe the Oilers thought that signing Campbell as the right move lol. 

Saying that, offloading Campbell and that absolute travesty of a contract that is Nurse's would do them some favours. 

Boston out
Leafs out
Oilers out. 

I'd say these playoffs are a success. 

Though I have to say the amount of drama from the Leafs faithful about how that series was stolen from them is hilarious. 

At least the Bruins had the maturity to keep their heads down after being embarrassed. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Boston out
Leafs out
Oilers out. 

I'd say these playoffs are a success. 

Though I have to say the amount of drama from the Leafs faithful about how that series was stolen from them is hilarious. 

At least the Bruins had the maturity to keep their heads down after being embarrassed. 

Don’t forget Tampa 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, netminder said:

The same TB team with an * beside both Stanley CUP wins during a pair of supressed covid riddled schedules and then versus the 2 lowest scoring finalists in NHL history? Nothing close to resembling a Dynasty was in the making.... Remind us how much they won when they played a full season schedule, a normal playoffs, a normal offensive opponent in the Finals this time and back to a reasonable salary-capped roster... Oh that's right, notta.

I missed you buddy. 

You and the pure unadulterated FACTS you bring. 

• Like 1

I am cringing about the Leafs....wth? Saw a few blurbs on NHL Network with Double M, Matthews, and the GM. Tumult! How about getting the goaltender deal squared away for the first time in decades?

Anyway, the 4 best teams playing their best at this time are in; if Bob keeps playing like he has played in the playoffs to date....

Not that it matters but is Quick dressing for the Knights?

On 5/15/2023 at 3:56 PM, netminder said:

The same TB team with an * beside both Stanley CUP wins during a pair of supressed covid riddled schedules and then versus the 2 lowest scoring finalists in NHL history? Nothing close to resembling a Dynasty was in the making.... Remind us how much they won when they played a full season schedule, a normal playoffs, a normal offensive opponent in the Finals this time and back to a reasonable salary-capped roster... Oh that's right, notta.

I guess most of the hockey world aside from netminder decided the bubble was harder to win than normal playoffs because everyone’s roster was 100%

On 5/14/2023 at 11:14 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Oh boy don’t get netminder started on that one. Only North American goalies are good apparently. I like that people see Levi on the come up though, he isn’t as cookie cutter as so many of these other candian and american goalies are. Stuart Skinner on the other hand…

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Brossoit was awful against Edmonton before he got hurt in game 3. 

Adin Hill took the reigns from there and was great. 

Being in the central time zone, I missed some of the Oilers games due to being an old guy who cant stay awake past 10 pm cst. Didnt realize he got hurt; I saw Hill in goal for one of the games and wasnt sure what happened. Thanks!

Edited by Fullright