2022 - 2023 Cup

Fullright

On 5/16/2023 at 9:41 PM, netminder said:

I bet the Av's are desperately missing their elite Canadian born goalie now. I called that one the day the Avs passed over him at Free Agency. 

I ain’t crying. Georgiev was unreal and was one of 3 players to show up all season. You know who I really miss? The swedish motherfucker who scores a ton of goals. You know who else I miss? The giant ass russian guy that also scores tons of goals. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:41 PM, netminder said:

I bet the Av's are desperately missing their elite Canadian born goalie now. I called that one the day the Avs passed over him at Free Agency. 

Oh, and Kuemper was dogshit last year in playoffs. Dude had maybe 2 games the entire run where he really gave them a chance to win. A Hedman backhand from the top of the circle 4 inches off the ice summed up his run for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, netminder said:

Funny thing Avs will never win another cup without a Canadian goalie or just go 81 million over the salary cap and play a Russian goalie in net then voila i guess?  Keumpher played with 1.5 eyes working and still posted a better GAA and Save % and of coarse a better win-loss then the beloved Vasi in that same Final series btw.  I dont think you know goalies. 

Implying I don’t know goalies because I have a differing opinion from you is just immature. Pretty sure I know goalies if I’ve been playing almost the entirety of my life and goalie coaching since I was 12. Theres a reason why many goalie coaches are using Russians as examples now. I strongly believe the Avs could win a cup with Georgiev in net, he was great this post season but the team had too many injuries to keep going. His contract is also cheaper than Kuemper. As for the salary cap thing, everyone does the over thing. The Avs could’ve last year but didn’t, Tampa did it, the Blackhawks did it, and as much as people like you bitch and moan they don’t get an asterisk by their cups nor do they probably ever think about how they were however many million dollars over. Winning the cup is fucking hard no matter whos on your roster. Gone are the days of Price being the model goalie for coaches and kids. Now all anyone seems to want to model after or talk about is Sorokin, Vasilevskiy, or Shesterkin. But what do I know? I guess I don’t really know goalies.

• Like 4

On 5/16/2023 at 5:09 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea he is.

Since he has dressed as backup in the playoffs IF they win would he get his name on the cup? i forgot the requirements for goalies don't they have to play a certain # of games to be considered? 

12 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Since he has dressed as backup in the playoffs IF they win would he get his name on the cup? i forgot the requirements for goalies don't they have to play a certain # of games to be considered? 

Requirements are:

1. Play 41 Games (half) of the regular season. 

Or

2. Play at least one game in the SCF. 

Being dressed and on the bench counts as playing. So backup goalies and even guys who get 0:00 TOI count. 

2 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Geez....just saw Dubas is out in Toronto. What is going on with this outfit? 2 steps forward, 5 back. Really hate to see this happening to Leafs; seems to be blowing up again for umpteenth time. 

Good. I for sure welcome continuous suffering for the Leaf faithful.  

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 2

Florida IS legit. I think people forget their record last year (and for a number of years actually). Then they added Tkachuk. Especially with the way playoffs are formatted now (1 doesn’t play “8”) it really matters less what your regular season record is and more how you’re playing when playoffs hit. 

Regarding names on Cups - don’t forget too - teams can petition the league to have names added if they don’t meet the criteria. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 6:39 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Implying I don’t know goalies because I have a differing opinion from you is just immature. Pretty sure I know goalies if I’ve been playing almost the entirety of my life and goalie coaching since I was 12. Theres a reason why many goalie coaches are using Russians as examples now. I strongly believe the Avs could win a cup with Georgiev in net, he was great this post season but the team had too many injuries to keep going. His contract is also cheaper than Kuemper. As for the salary cap thing, everyone does the over thing. The Avs could’ve last year but didn’t, Tampa did it, the Blackhawks did it, and as much as people like you bitch and moan they don’t get an asterisk by their cups nor do they probably ever think about how they were however many million dollars over. Winning the cup is fucking hard no matter whos on your roster. Gone are the days of Price being the model goalie for coaches and kids. Now all anyone seems to want to model after or talk about is Sorokin, Vasilevskiy, or Shesterkin. But what do I know? I guess I don’t really know goalies.

Nice job, you've probably scared him back into his hole as he won't have a response to this.

He'll come out in like 3 days and cherrypick on another person's post

• Like 2

On 5/20/2023 at 8:19 PM, Dee said:

When the other guys come in to your barn and steal 2 in o/t... I dunno. I'm beginning to think fla is legit. 

Bob is legit. Dude holds the record for most saves in the first 3 games of a conference final. 

Capture.JPG.57f84ce7b975ef0581040d332baff5ba.JPG

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 2

He's dialed in - it happens. The last few times in (fairly) recent memory where same: Giggy with the Ducks where he won the Conn Smythe in a losing effort, Kipper a few times with the Flames and Roloson with the Oil. Maybe Bobs can get them over the hump and win it (instead of just getting to the dance). Going to be a big blow if Barkov is out or hobbled.

I guess I'm team Cats based on who's left. Vegas was a feel good story at first but with the way they unceremoniously jettisoned Fleury its tough to root for them. Carolina - eh. I like Brind'amour and can appreciate what they've built in their market without a superstar but they are just kind of meh to me (plus they have that 2006 (?) Cup in their pocket). I'd be okay with Dallas I suppose (Jimmy Nill/Detroit connection - perhaps he was the brains behind Holland as he really seemed to nosedive after he left) but they've got the '99 Cup. Win one for Pavelski would be alright - dude always brings it come playoff time. Just feels like FLA would be best feel good story out of the bunch and I'm all about the feels.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, chile57 said:

He's dialed in - it happens. The last few times in (fairly) recent memory where same: Giggy with the Ducks where he won the Conn Smythe in a losing effort, Kipper a few times with the Flames and Roloson with the Oil. Maybe Bobs can get them over the hump and win it (instead of just getting to the dance). Going to be a big blow if Barkov is out or hobbled.

Tim Thomas and Jonathan Quick are probably the most two recent examples of goalies being lights out the second playoffs come around. 

• Like 2

You're not wrong @coopaloop1234 - guess my memory runs more vintage. I also left those two out because they actually won it all where I was looking more so to instances where teams were dragged into the Finals on somebody's back (maybe otherwise having no business being there). Taking nothing from Thomas or Quick in those efforts - LA and Boston were two pretty talent laden teams. 

4 minutes ago, chile57 said:

You're not wrong @coopaloop1234 - guess my memory runs more vintage. I also left those two out because they actually won it all where I was looking more so to instances where teams were dragged into the Finals on somebody's back (maybe otherwise having no business being there). Taking nothing from Thomas or Quick in those efforts - LA and Boston were two pretty talent laden teams. 

So then Carey Price in 2021? 

Capture.JPG.afb36354a9a0e6accaf547b427fe3ba8.JPG

Montreal had no business even beating Toronto, let alone making the cup final 

Edited by coopaloop1234

20 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So then Carey Price in 2021? 

Capture.JPG.afb36354a9a0e6accaf547b427fe3ba8.JPG

Montreal had no business even beating Toronto, let alone making the cup final 

Losing Tavares was a factor but yeah Price was lights out, and the players said that after winning Game 6, everyone knew that Game 7 was a foregone conclusion.

21 hours ago, chile57 said:

I guess I'm team Cats based on who's left. Vegas was a feel good story at first but with the way they unceremoniously jettisoned Fleury its tough to root for them. Carolina - eh. I like Brind'amour and can appreciate what they've built in their market without a superstar but they are just kind of meh to me (plus they have that 2006 (?) Cup in their pocket). I'd be okay with Dallas I suppose (Jimmy Nill/Detroit connection - perhaps he was the brains behind Holland as he really seemed to nosedive after he left) but they've got the '99 Cup. Win one for Pavelski would be alright - dude always brings it come playoff time. Just feels like FLA would be best feel good story out of the bunch and I'm all about the feels.

Ya what Vegas did the MAF kind of soiled them for me plus I'm a kings fan so they can kick rocks. It would be cool however if they won and quick got his name on another cup, the kings did him dirty and would love to get him on another. It would be even better if he played in the playoffs and carried the team as a middle finger the LA but i doubt that will happen. 

looking like florida vs vegas in the finals which is cool since they are "smaller market teams and not the usual suspects of original 6 powerhouses. 

Although, I was rooting for Florida, I’m not sure how that last goal wasn’t ruled goaltender interference. The player deliberately put their stick between the goalie’s legs fully in the crease. Of course it had an affect. I never really know what referees are thinking. 

• Like 1