What's the most common goalie skate sharpening radius?

insertnamehere

What radius do you prefer?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What radius do you prefer?

• 1"
    • 3/4"
    • 5/8"
    • 1/2"
    • 3/8"
    • 5/16"
    • Flat Bottom V (any hollow)
    • Other

On 3/8/2018 at 2:31 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

3/8 on a 4mm blade.  I actually just dropped my skates off to be profiled, I believe he will be going with 26'.  He says he will give me 3/8 again but he believes once the blade is correctly profiled and the entire blade is actually contacting the ice I won't need to be at 3/8 anymore.  It makes sense, and he knows his shit so I trust him, but I want to at least see where I am at with the profiled 3/8 before I commit to dialing it back.

O M F G!  I am so pissed I took so long to commit to having my blades profiled.  What an improvement that made.  Regular skating wasn’t that big of a deal but my butterfly pushes were greatly improved.  

If you've never had your blades profiled I highly suggest giving it a try.  

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

O M F G!  I am so pissed I took so long to commit to having my blades profiled.  What an improvement that made.  Regular skating wasn’t that big of a deal but my butterfly pushes were greatly improved.  

If you've never had your blades profiled I highly suggest giving it a try.  

Did you stick with 3/8? I just switched to 3/8 from 1/2.

I currently do a 1/2 hollow. Easier to move now that I'm an old man at 26.

I really want to try profiling to 28-foot radius, but I'm waiting to get an upgrade from 3G+ steel first. I used to be a 3/8 guy with 4mm steel, even though both rinks I play in have mediocre to shit ice. Oddly enough I use 11/16 as a forward.

Archived