Sign in to follow this  
estogoalie

Mask Weight

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Patrick - @SaveByRichter35 was joking that he was not smart enough to handle your advanced subject matter. It was not a knock against you. I think everyone appreciates the spirit and math.

Thank you. I felt no offense at all. 0%. Don't worry, I am not going away.

Wall W10h medium with ecopro foam 3.5 lbs

Promasque xdk medium 3.5lbs

Reidic with coveted long cat eye and eva foam 2.8 lbs

Wall W8 rubatex 3.2 lbs

eddy pro series large rubatex padding 3.4lbs

Thanks for doing the calculation.  Now I am feeling skeptical about getting the all kevlar mask from Protechsport....which is apparently light.  I REALLY want to get something that will be the best to protect my head from another concussion....

Help...

13 hours ago, OceanMon said:

Thanks for doing the calculation.  Now I am feeling skeptical about getting the all kevlar mask from Protechsport....which is apparently light.  I REALLY want to get something that will be the best to protect my head from another concussion....

Help...

Masks are complicated in this fashion. Generally speaking weight and protection can battle each other here. Sometimes when a lighter material is used, it can compromise protection. Unfortunately, without testing each and every model, I cannot say which masks have the proper combination of lightweight and ample safety.

I do believe though, a full kevlar mask is not an ideal construction. Maybe @Don Straus could come on with a more technical response?