Goalie Equipment Quality Thoughts

Awgoalie164

On 4/10/2018 at 1:26 AM, ruckus007 said:

it's too early to. The downgraded line usually takes about a year to release. And I doubt it will have primo sliding surface, which is the biggest selling point of the pad. At that point, there's no reason to really get it. 

Exactly 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/9/2018 at 10:03 PM, BauerHockey47 said:

Having worn both, I would buy Reebok (now CCM) over Vaughn any day. My Premier sets have lasted far longer than the Vaughn set that I owned, probably because Vaughns (at least the Velocity line) were more flexible and broke down much quicker than pads of stiffer construction. I haven't used Brian's, but I will take your word for it.

True. I’d go SLR

40 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's actually all about them rep points. It's why I shit post as much as I do.

Great strategy!  
You mean to say that every one of your posts is not highly insightful and educational?  

My rep sucks.

On 2018-03-15 at 11:41 AM, IPv6Freely said:

If you're looking for quality, Brian's wins. I don't think that can even be argued. Even if they aren't your thing/not your style/don't like them I think it's hard to look past them when it comes to quality. That's also true at the low end, if that's the range you're looking for.

I have not played with Brian’s but I’ve done a ton of research. I’ve tried on the new Optiks and the the build quality and attention to detail is best in class. I also think they bring strong innovation. Warrior I’ve had first hand experience with the Ritual G2 Pro Pads and they have been very durable so I assume their new product is similar. I’ve had no major issues with the Warrior pad integrity. Just recently replaced many of the  velcro straps as I’ve had them fail and not stick in a recent game. Just got too fuzzy and would not grip. Sliding for both G4’s and Optik’s are supposed to be excellent. If you want better quality to last longer go with a pro pad. 

Archived