Prolaces Thread

On 10/4/2018 at 5:53 PM, cwarnar said:

Spite and brute strength.  Wasn't easy and took some patience but you can do it 

Use a lace. It works better and the screws can mess up up your skates 

it’s how Brian’s attaches the Smart Toes. If you’re worried it’s coming un tied, use a lighter to melt the knot a little 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Had one of the elastics come loose inside the skate lace mid game. Disconnected from the Velcro tab. 

Pretty disappointed at the moment. 

At least Michel at Pro Laces responds quickly. Just need to ship them out and they'll do the repairs for free.

Too bad it's going to cost half of the price just to ship these back to Quebec. *sigh*

On 10/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, MikeTheGoalie said:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Richter and Coop.  I have these Pro Laces and I laced them up like I saw in the video, by just running the cord down the side then under the mid point of the skate, and the pads had too much play after the cord stretched out a bit -- almost to the point of potentially cutting the cord on my skate.

Last night I crossed the cord over at the toe bridge and now these laces are perfect.  Thanks so much, I was about to go back to knotted skate laces soon ?

Glad we could help

On 10/16/2018 at 12:19 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Had one of the elastics come loose inside the skate lace mid game. Disconnected from the Velcro tab. 

Pretty disappointed at the moment. 

On 10/16/2018 at 11:11 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

stitching on one of the velcro tabs as come undone allowing the elastic to retract in the sheath.

So on one set, I have a velcro tab that works normally and a velcro tab that's essentially just skate lace.

Ugh, that suck man.  Why didn't you just bring it to any seamstress to do the repair?

6 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ugh, that suck man.  Why didn't you just bring it to any seamstress to do the repair

Because that would make sense. 

But really, probably would cost at least $15 I'm assuming. An extra 5$ to let buddy to get another crack at it is fine. 

Used the ARS straps (no boot strap) in a game last night and they felt really good. When I get the prolaces back, I'll swap them out and figure out which one I prefer. 

10 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Glad we could help

Ugh, that suck man.  Why didn't you just bring it to any seamstress to do the repair?

SPEEDY STITCHER  BOYS!

Ive taken my tabs apart a bunch of times as i ran then right through the bridge of my old pillows.  3 stitches and your golden.

21 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

SPEEDY STITCHER  BOYS!

Ive taken my tabs apart a bunch of times as i ran then right through the bridge of my old pillows.  3 stitches and your golden.

This is what I did with mine as well except I sent my bridges to Mike to do.  One of the cords were sliced over the summer so I've been running one through the bridge and one using the actual tab that came with the Pro Laces, tied instead of the screws.  I tell you what.  As good as they are when using the supplied tab, they're even better when they're ran right through the toe bridge.  

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You probably could. I'd just by a replacement standard vaughn toe bridge and install them from there.

That's what I was thinking.  Or, perhaps I could just pull out the foam block and replace it myself with another foam block that with holes that I could drill.  The jenpro pocket would have the longer, slider cut-outs but that would be pretty irrelevant at that point if the foam block is switched.

This seems like something that can be made from Home Depot for dirt cheap.  It seems silly to buy a toe tie set-up.  GRRRRRR.

Edited by seagoal

36 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

@Aquilzz that sucks.  Was it a freak play, or did it wear through?

Not entirely sure to be honest. The velcro tabs were still attached when I noticed the cord broken. 

My two theories are

1) The velcro tabs detached and my skate sliced through it. This would seem like the more obvious one... but the tabs were still attached and I never felt my skate cut through it. Having this happen with skate laces growing up, you can definitely feel your skate trip and slice over it. 

2) The cord just snapped and the tension wore the skate lace down as well.

@SaveByRichter35  @TheGoalNet @coopaloop1234

Hey guys, quick question for you.

I have my new pads and I have installed bungee ties on them, but mine are adjustable so I have to set the length myself.

After whatever weaving method you use and you're ready to go to the top of the skate to velcro the tabs together. how taut is each end?  Do you have to stretch the bungee chord to reach the top of your skate or does it freely reach the top of your skate?

I'm not sure how taut each end should be after weaving and then how much pressure there needs to be pulling on the velcro tabs once they are together. 

Thanks fellas. 

Edited by seagoal

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@SaveByRichter35  @TheGoalNet @coopaloop1234

Hey guys, quick question for you.

I have my new pads and I have installed bungee ties on them, but mine are adjustable so I have to set the length myself.

After whatever weaving method you use and you're ready to go to the top of the skate to velcro the tabs together. how taught is each end?  Do you have to stretch the bungee chord to reach the top of your skate or does it freely reach the top of your skate?

I'm not sure how taught each end should be after weaving and then how much pressure there needs to be pulling on the velcro tabs once they are together. 

Thanks fellas. 

Mine is snug but not so tight that there's a pile of stress on the bungee.  I believe pro laces are about 8" on slack from the toe bridge 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Yes.  You need it snug to maximize the bungee 

Awesome, thanks so much.

I just adjusted mine (in my living room watching Hockey Night in Canada) and measured the length of the chord and mine are 9 inches, which seems to be perfect for my skates and my chord.

I have scissors and a lighter in hand about to seal the deal.

• Like 1