Prolaces Thread

On 1/25/2019 at 2:03 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

This is what I do as well.  Except I sent my toe bridge to Michel to do it.  Maybe I should invest in a speed stitcher instead haha

Yeah it was one of the easier things I’ve done. We tried using a regular sewing machine but it didn’t want to go through the elastic but the speedy was like a five min job. 

Just wanted to share my method for tying on ProLaces with waxed lace. Instead of lacing through both holes and tying a square knot (which I’m always concerned about coming undone), I start by tying a figure 8 knot on one end, run the lace through and tie another figure 8 in the other end. There is virtually no chance these knots will come undone so it feels very secure  

788228B4-5DF9-40B2-BB5B-A0D9C45D976C.thumb.jpeg.bfae7b7b4dce2e653e38602d0c1fe102.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Just wanted to share my method for tying on ProLaces with waxed lace. Instead of lacing through both holes and tying a square knot (which I’m always concerned about coming undone), I start by tying a figure 8 knot on one end, run the lace through and tie another figure 8 in the other end. There is virtually no chance these knots will come undone so it feels very secure  

788228B4-5DF9-40B2-BB5B-A0D9C45D976C.thumb.jpeg.bfae7b7b4dce2e653e38602d0c1fe102.jpeg

So went the opposite way with my lace, I put the knots in the front and gorilla glued the knot together. I haven't had any issues with it. I did it that way so i would have the smooth side against my skates.

20190207_130124.jpg

20190207_130211.jpg

On 2/6/2019 at 8:49 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Ahhhh, so simple.  Why don't I ever think of things like that lol.  I would probably do it in the opposite direction though, as Snowman mentioned, to have the knots face the other way.

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ahhhh, so simple.  Why don't I ever think of things like that lol.  I would probably do it in the opposite direction though, as Snowman mentioned, to have the knots face the other way.

Haha yeah took me a while before thinking of it too lol...

My concern with doing it the opposite way is I’m not sure how much wear the knots would get in the RVH with that part of the toe bridge up against the post (at least with my poor technique...)

17 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I haven't had any problems with my original Pro Laces.  

ok cool, good to know. On Pure goalies review page of them people were complaining of fraying on them. Just didnt want to buy them and have to replace them give or take a few weeks

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I ordered as well. I've played around with a version of this type of system with rigid lace at the toe bridge and elastic around the skate and liked it. I went with 1.5" as its the "medium" size. Figured its worth a shot. 

Let me know how you like the 1.5". Leaning towards the 2" version as I like to go through the middle of my toe bridge (not the off-set setting), but I play super aggressive on my edges.

Big fan of the jenpro "slack" on the Brian's Smart Cord, but not entirely sure how much slack it's designed to mimic. I'm going to wait until @TheGoalNet gets his pair of hybrids and see what he thinks after using both.

I like this idea of incorporating slack into the design. I’ve never tried prolaces. But I gave other similar products a try and didn’t like the feeling without any toe tie slack...... After seeing these I think I’ll give prolaces a shot. But I’m gonna go with the regular version. Here’s my idea. Why not just use lace to connect the prolace toe bridge to the pad toe bridge. That way you could leave whatever amount of slack you want. Easy to play around with more or less slack also. 

On 2/13/2019 at 11:32 PM, cwarnar said:

New Pro Laces... Decided to go with a red toe bridge.  And my kids names on the strapsIMG_20190213_222522.thumb.jpg.d3b7acbec0a8580f754b976f4672897b.jpg

IMG_20190213_222505.thumb.jpg.e4576711c5302cd18ed37fed2e99e991.jpg

Old ones likely for sale if anyone is interested... DM for details

IMG_20190213_222937.thumb.jpg.dfa6f85ec97cc9e3197c18053d744560.jpg

Love the idea of putting your kids' names on there! I let my kids pick stickers to put on my backplate. I ended up with a pink unicorn...

On 2/14/2019 at 9:30 PM, Mac29 said:

I like this idea of incorporating slack into the design. I’ve never tried prolaces. But I gave other similar products a try and didn’t like the feeling without any toe tie slack...... After seeing these I think I’ll give prolaces a shot. But I’m gonna go with the regular version. Here’s my idea. Why not just use lace to connect the prolace toe bridge to the pad toe bridge. That way you could leave whatever amount of slack you want. Easy to play around with more or less slack also. 

Its been done.

• Like 1