Prolaces Thread

3 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Forgive my ignorance but what the benefit of the TGN spec prolaces vs standard armor laces?  Is it to just to have a little slack before you engage the bungee? 

No leather attachment/no screws is the biggest. Also gives you the feel of the traditional skate but with the benefit of bungee

20 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

No leather attachment/no screws is the biggest. Also gives you the feel of the traditional skate but with the benefit of bungee

Thank you, I stumbled across the thread compair8ngvthe two right after I read your response. 

Im looking to order some the websites give me an attachment style and when I pick TGC spec it drops the price by $25. That’s correct right? I don’t want to be missing pieces. 

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Anyone else experiencing delays with the shipping of their prolaces? I ordered mine almost a month ago and they still haven’t arrived

Yeah the postal service on both sides of the border and customs on both sides have been absolutely slow. Am waiting on items from the US to Cansda that are going on 5 weeks, when before Conrona 2 weeks or less and they would arrive. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Anyone else experiencing delays with the shipping of their prolaces? I ordered mine almost a month ago and they still haven’t arrived

it took about a month for mine to arrive recently.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

A few weeks back I remember seeing on his IG that he had a fire at his shop so who knows how badly that slowed him down as well.

I ordered a pair on July 7th and got an email saying they shipped on the 8th, for what it's worth. So if that was an issue, it doesn't look like it's effecting time to put out the orders now. Hoping that the shipping time is on track, but covids gonna covid.

• 5 months later...
34 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Which color did you use?  From reading this link, purpke and blue can be broken but red requires some serious heat.

https://itstillruns.com/remove-loctite-bolts-5201363.html

Personally, I would cut the Prolaces free of the leather and make my own TGN spec and attach with skate lace.

I don’t remember what color the container was but the glue itself is clear. I think the bigger issue I’m having is I’m getting no torque because the nut-end isn’t flat-sided, so I have to hold it with pliers while using a screwdriver or drill on the other side.

I’m not interested in cutting the leather apart. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 11:40 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

I don’t remember what color the container was but the glue itself is clear. I think the bigger issue I’m having is I’m getting no torque because the nut-end isn’t flat-sided, so I have to hold it with pliers while using a screwdriver or drill on the other side.

I’m not interested in cutting the leather apart. 

If you are ok with losing the nut/bolt, I would suggest using a Dremel to either cut a bigger notch or to grind away the nut/bolt enough to separate the nut and pull out the bolt. If you wish to keep the bolt intact, you should try to cut a new notch in the nut. 

• 7 months later...

I have the trav spec. I have a 9.5 skate. I had the double knot at the toe bridge to tighten m up. They come long, but easy to adjust tho. But ,but on install the bungie came loose from the velcro/ leather.  So it was just the skate lace ,armor and no elasticity.  Looked at the stitching and there was only one pass of thread. So i got the miz to go over the bungie and repair the quality control.  Was gonna send m back,but was gonna take to long. After the repair they where ok.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got me the Trav spec 1.0 some weeks ago. A couple games in with them and I'm happy. They are longer than the original Pro Lace (which I also own) and with my size 9 skates, I cross the cord once in the front, go all the way to the back and cross it through once and then over top and I still have a little slack which takes the tension off of my stiff ankles.

The original ones would only loop through at the front and up and they would feel so tight, especially since the GT2s don't have much of a toe bridge drop to them.

Having the bungie cord as a toe tie ,do u think it would put more tension on the knees. Mcl, acl. With a skate lace style theres not that consistent pressure or tension on the knee ligaments. Hurt my knee last week. Not sure if this could have been a contributing factor.  I have only used skate lace toe ties Pryor to this.