Prolaces Thread

On 11/25/2017 at 8:13 AM, TheGoalNet said:

2575D58B-7A1C-4B82-948D-E30CEEA688EA.jpeg

4CAD6E46-1EFA-4390-BE2A-020198D7AD30.jpeg

3A843D0C-B6F5-45D7-A65C-F3F2C0987AAB.jpeg

@TheGoalNet how are the Pro Laces Armour holding up? I had been having a wear issue on the cord sheathing in my Vertexx holders (both on Pro Laces and HALs) but haven't experienced it at all with the Vertexx Edge. Due to the lack of wear lately I went ahead and ordered another set of non-armored Pro Laces but wanted your thoughts on how you feel it has helped or gone unnoticed. 

• 3 months later...

I think it’s time I try a bungee-style toe-tie attachment. Although putting on the pad quickly is an added benefit, my main goals would be allowing for less strain on the hips and performance advantages. So after reading through this thread and the Prolaces vs. Monster thread, I’m leaning toward Prolaces. My question is, which model should I choose? I wear Graf 750 Goaler Pros with the Cobra cowling. I wear Simmons 586 pads. I’m sure you’re aware that the Cobra cowlings are pretty cumbersome. The 586 pads are soft and actually have torsional flex. I use regular cord toe-ties with no slack, but I still get rotation without injury due to the taper on the boot of the pad and the overall torsional flex throughout the pad. So do I chose standard or armor? If I went standard it appears I’d need to go custom if I wanted red, correct?

0C92F8BD-8178-4BD2-83EA-D8DC164EB722.jpeg

6E17C26F-B86B-4FA5-8E4C-2DA21B52BB14.jpeg

5D7110F7-C9E6-4F41-97D7-4165F027CA91.jpeg

31B54BF2-44B1-4154-90F7-299CF38491A1.jpeg

15 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I think it’s time I try a bungee-style toe-tie attachment. Although putting on the pad quickly is an added benefit, my main goals would be allowing for less strain on the hips and performance advantages. So after reading through this thread and the Prolaces vs. Monster thread, I’m leaning toward Prolaces. My question is, which model should I choose? I wear Graf 750 Goaler Pros with the Cobra cowling. I wear Simmons 586 pads. I’m sure you’re aware that the Cobra cowlings are pretty cumbersome. The 586 pads are soft and actually have torsional flex. I use regular cord toe-ties with no slack, but I still get rotation without injury due to the taper on the boot of the pad and the overall torsional flex throughout the pad. So do I chose standard or armor? If I went standard it appears I’d need to go custom if I wanted red, correct?

0C92F8BD-8178-4BD2-83EA-D8DC164EB722.jpeg

6E17C26F-B86B-4FA5-8E4C-2DA21B52BB14.jpeg

5D7110F7-C9E6-4F41-97D7-4165F027CA91.jpeg

31B54BF2-44B1-4154-90F7-299CF38491A1.jpeg

You definitely need a new set of steel! :P 

I'd go Armour, personally. Not only because they skate lace will protect the cord better, but because it looks cooler. 

• 3 weeks later...

I did order the Armor version and used them tonight for the first time. The only thing I noticed was it seemed like I had slightly more give to my pads during the butterfly. I’m glad there was little adjustment and I hope this will help with allowing better performance and less joint soreness. Tonight’s skate was a skills clinic. I’ll debut them in a game on Monday night.

10 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

I did order the Armor version and used them tonight for the first time. The only thing I noticed was it seemed like I had slightly more give to my pads during the butterfly. I’m glad there was little adjustment and I hope this will help with allowing better performance and less joint soreness. Tonight’s skate was a skills clinic. I’ll debut them in a game on Monday night.

Didn't see your post back on 5/13... but good choice on the Armour w/ Graf skates. The screw heads on the Graf cowlings really wear on the cord. I experienced that when I had Graf skates & cowlings as well as when I slapped on Vertexx cowlings to the Graf boot (but used the Graf screws to hold the cowling on.) Currently with my cowlingless skates I've had no issues w/ wear on the standard Pro Laces... but the Armour would never hurt.

8 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

:( Anyone know a good fix to this without requiring super glue? Also, does anyone have this problem with their custom letters? 

IMG_2343.thumb.jpg.0789f123be897a9f82e331ad5463055c.jpg

Speedy Stitcher would take care of reinforcing any of the stitching... but I've never had that problem w/ the heat transfer letters. Not sure how long you've had them, but wouldn't hurt to send a note to Pro Laces. 

17 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Speedy Stitcher would take care of reinforcing any of the stitching... but I've never had that problem w/ the heat transfer letters. Not sure how long you've had them, but wouldn't hurt to send a note to Pro Laces. 

Ended up just fixing them myself with an iron. Tried my best to keep them straight without burning my hand. The stitching isn't much of a concern, it holds on just fine.

IMG_2348.thumb.jpg.b7ada134d908babcdb626c7285c887b4.jpg

Edited by Aquilzz

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Just wanted to show what mine look like. All red with Detroit lettering. 

7A4BC357-6A18-4CF2-A79B-1F6ADAF36BD3.jpeg

Makes me wish I went for the red skate lace ? Looks really nice! Is your name/number on both straps (one on each side) or just 1 on one pad and your name on the other?

52 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Aquilzz - contact Michel if you have issues. He’s a great guy and I’m sure he’ll help you in anyway he can 

It's funny, because I did the other night. Being the impatient person I am, I just went ahead and ironed them back together as I assumed they were heat pressed on and he gave me the same advice! 

He also suggested using pad wrap to cover the wear area in the toe bridge (which was ironically caused by me putting clear tape in an effort to try and PREVENT wear), but I do not know where to find it in such a small quantity. 

Armor model with custom Potvin graphic.  Only used once, but didn't have the kind of snow build up I used to get on my HALs with the sleeves on them. Also extra long so I can put them through the front and back holes in my 1S runner before wrapping over the laces.

20180603_200624.jpg

Edited by Mroy31
More details

44 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Armor model with custom Potvin graphic.  Only used once, but didn't have the kind of snow build up I used to get on my HALs with the sleeves on them. Also extra long so I can put them through the front and back holes in my 1S runner before wrapping over the laces.

20180603_200624.jpg

How'd you attach those to the 2S? Took out the toe bridge and laced them in?

25 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

How'd you attach those to the 2S? Took out the toe bridge and laced them in?

There isn't any HD foam in the 2S toe bridge (1S on left), so just used skate lace to tie them in.  I will probably do a bit better job and burn off the edges, but I like it well enough.  Similar to how @TheGoalNet ties his in.  I might source some HD foam eventually, but this seems to work for now.

20180603_194616.jpg