Building My New Set

dstew29

21 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Now I just need to find some E flex 3 pro mitts! Anyone know where I can get a two piece glove with 600 break? Feel like it would have to be pro return route. Imagine buying new w/ custom cuff isn’t cheap...

For what it's worth, you can get a 600 2piece glove easily if custom ordered though a dealer. It's even on their online customizer. A new CCM glove would retail about $600CDN

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

For what it's worth, you can get a 600 2piece glove easily if custom ordered though a dealer. It's even on their online customizer. A new CCM glove would retail about $600CDN

With the new 600 break that came on the Eflex 3, they no longer offer it in 2 piece.

14 minutes ago, Hills said:

With the new 600 break that came on the Eflex 3, they no longer offer it in 2 piece.

Hey @Hills, I'm seeing it as a spec option on the CCM catalog as well as the EF3 customizer. Is it something a retailer has to say no to? Or is it something like an EF2 glove with EF3 graphics? I know Gibson uses a 2 piece 600, but pros vs. retail is apples to oranges.

Unknown-17.thumb.png.063873d5db6ad8c564c4587e3355fb09.pngUnknown-18.thumb.png.5499e00479ea62c0d7c6611f3ed1d5f9.png

13 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Hey @Hills, I'm seeing it as a spec option on the CCM catalog as well as the EF3 customizer. Is it something a retailer has to say no to? Or is it something like an EF2 glove with EF3 graphics? I know Gibson uses a 2 piece 600, but pros vs. retail is apples to oranges.

Unknown-17.thumb.png.063873d5db6ad8c564c4587e3355fb09.pngUnknown-18.thumb.png.5499e00479ea62c0d7c6611f3ed1d5f9.png

Good eye, the 600 is only available as 1 piece on the Premiers... and the 580/590 is only available as a single cuff on the Eflex. My mistake.

Pretty sure Gibson's glove is a 2 piece 590 though.

46 minutes ago, Hills said:

Good eye, the 600 is only available as 1 piece on the Premiers... and the 580/590 is only available as a single cuff on the Eflex. My mistake.

Pretty sure Gibson's glove is a 2 piece 590 though.

Oops, my apologies. I meant to say Varlamov uses the 2 piece 600. Got the two mixed up. 

Just received my new (to me) Eflex 3 Saros pro returns. First impressions are very good. Great quality, super light weight and good flex throughout. Thigh rise is a lot taller than anything I’ve played in, so interested  to see how that plays on the ice. 

Very simplified strapping and pro laces are a huge plus. Here are a few pics:

Oddly enough I also received my Graf dm1080s the same day (shoutout @Murray ) and very impressed with the quality. Will have to get these baked this weekend and my own review up soon.

My old Promasque is also in the mail so have some triage to perform once that’s in.

Slowly but surely piecing this thing together...

4DCE3B4C-D496-4894-B4B3-A5F196F04A5F.jpeg

E0E473DA-0FB8-4900-9023-F2860D26870E.jpeg

14 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Just received my new (to me) Eflex 3 Saros pro returns. First impressions are very good. Great quality, super light weight and good flex throughout. Thigh rise is a lot taller than anything I’ve played in, so interested  to see how that plays on the ice. 

Very simplified strapping and pro laces are a huge plus. Here are a few pics:

Oddly enough I also received my Graf dm1080s the same day (shoutout @Murray ) and very impressed with the quality. Will have to get these baked this weekend and my own review up soon.

My old Promasque is also in the mail so have some triage to perform once that’s in.

Slowly but surely piecing this thing together...

4DCE3B4C-D496-4894-B4B3-A5F196F04A5F.jpeg

E0E473DA-0FB8-4900-9023-F2860D26870E.jpeg

Looks like they fit you nicely! Do you have an idea what the size is? If not, could you measure it?

Love Saros because he's the "anti-modern goalie". With goalies getting taller and taller, it's nice to see him doing so well at his height. I'll always be salty at a Junior B coach for saying I was too small to be a goalie at 6'0 and he was looking for someone "AT LEAST" 6'2. 

On 3/28/2018 at 12:35 AM, Aquilzz said:

Looks like they fit you nicely! Do you have an idea what the size is? If not, could you measure it?

Love Saros because he's the "anti-modern goalie". With goalies getting taller and taller, it's nice to see him doing so well at his height. I'll always be salty at a Junior B coach for saying I was too small to be a goalie at 6'0 and he was looking for someone "AT LEAST" 6'2. 

@Aquilzz I had actually been looking for Saros returns for that reason (I’m 5’11” on a good day). He’s definitely one of a few that can compete at that level.

So I was told by seller they were 33+1.5. I just remeasured and I’d say they’re 33+1.5 or maybe 33+2 if you include the piping at the tip of the boot.

Just nabbed a set of Eflex3 Pro return mitts that I should have this week I think. Has anyone tried on a “game ready” pro return trapper with a built up palm? Wondering if the weight/closure would be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

New to me gloves are in. Found a set of Eflex3 Varly pro returns. Seen some rubber but all around great condition from what I can tell. Only gripe is the closure on the trapper. Feels like I’m trying to close one of those  mr Olympia grip trainers...And it’s a Game Ready! 

Need to figure out a good break in method or maybe send to Facrory Mad? Any suggestions??

Here is a pic:

7805F3A2-E843-4511-8CD3-35E166424B7E.jpeg

For the skates I have TRUE's 2 piece and I honestly recommend these before anything else, they are by far the best fitting and after many uses (twice a week since mid-December), and the performance is out of this world!

Also, I am switching to Bauer 2S pro this year. As a retail advisor, I'm not worried about durability, which is why I waited to switch from 2016 to now actually! The color options are pretty much the same as the 1s/1x, with one more two tone option, but the detail is that good that a simple all white set looks amazing. But they are launching a completely custom system in the fall if you want crazy colored setup, you can if you wait!

Here's the white demo pair I had in january. 

30581641_2165515500129659_9206751256448598016_o.thumb.jpg.7a775367e4f39161f93c5633e01ab3d7.jpg

Wish I had the budget for True’s but just can’t justify it right now.  I think that’s my first splurge though for sure.

Agree, the 2S design/stock graphic is best I’ve seen in a while. Customs will be amazing I bet.

1 hour ago, dstew29 said:

Wish I had the budget for True’s but just can’t justify it right now.  I think that’s my first splurge though for sure.

Agree, the 2S design/stock graphic is best I’ve seen in a while. Customs will be amazing I bet.

If you mean by far the most boring stock graphic possibly ever than you are correct! It was a big reason why I went with P2s over them.

13 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

Also, I am switching to Bauer 2S pro this year. As a retail advisor, I'm not worried about durability, which is why I waited to switch from 2016 to now actually! The color options are pretty much the same as the 1s/1x, with one more two tone option, but the detail is that good that a simple all white set looks amazing. But they are launching a completely custom system in the fall if you want crazy colored setup, you can if you wait!

How was is to switch to a straight pad? Assuming you had a curvy one previously?  I'm thinking of going CCM straight pad in my new order that I will put in soon.

10 hours ago, Hills said:

If you mean by far the most boring stock graphic possibly ever than you are correct! It was a big reason why I went with P2s over them.

Fair enough. I’ll be sure to consult with you first the next time we pick out wallpaper

18 hours ago, maxtm30 said:

For the skates I have TRUE's 2 piece and I honestly recommend these before anything else, they are by far the best fitting and after many uses (twice a week since mid-December), and the performance is out of this world!

30581641_2165515500129659_9206751256448598016_o.thumb.jpg.7a775367e4f39161f93c5633e01ab3d7.jpg

What shop are you with?

15 hours ago, Hills said:

Zoom on the picture and look the main spike closely. I honestly fell in love with the details you see in closeup, and the simplicity from far away.

Also, aesthetics are pretty subjective.

5 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

How was is to switch to a straight pad? Assuming you had a curvy one previously?  I'm thinking of going CCM straight pad in my new order that I will put in soon.

I have EF3 at the moment, but I've always liked a stiff profile, the rebounds are the only thing I will have to get used to. The supremes are single break pre-curved, so pretty much an EF3 flex profile. 

Archived