Ritual GT Chest

cwarnar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I wore the c/a last night over my pants and suspenders (cause my pants are XL and I don't have a ghetto booty) and it felt weird but good at the same time (like bad sex 😋 loll). I would love to get my hands on smaller pants and see how that goes with how the belly and sides fall. 

Amazing how light and mobile it is. Not too hot as well.

Here is something I noticed today and has been mentioned before but I think needs reminding for QC purposes, after only 2 ice times, there's already some material damage present on the inside right arm (pic attached). For a 600$ piece of equipment, I expect a sturdier material and better attention to detail when putting it together. This unfortunately is a side effect of mass production. Something to bring to the table as you move forward with Warrior ( @Kirk3190 )

My GT catcher has a similar problem seeing the T split at the top edge after only 10 games or so.

Maybe focus a little more on quality of the materials chosen. 

20200301_202305.jpg

On 2/28/2020 at 12:43 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Not sure if it helps anything, but I have an older Ritual CA in Sr Small

image.png.8b628112c96b29907b1eb29c7f26bfdd.png

I wear it untucked outside my Sr Large CCM pants, tied in the front. I have never had any issues such as you describe. Kinda weird stuff.

How do you tie it at the front if it's worn outside?

17 hours ago, RichMan said:

How do you tie it at the front if it's worn outside?

I'm guessing either there is an existing internal belly loop on the CA or he sewed one in (that's what I did with my Bauer, right before I decided to go back to tucking)

20 hours ago, Colander said:

I'm guessing either there is an existing internal belly loop on the CA or he sewed one in (that's what I did with my Bauer, right before I decided to go back to tucking)

Sorry for the late reply, @RichMan - but Colander is correct; I have a loop. I can take a pic when I get home if you want

On 3/2/2020 at 3:26 AM, RichMan said:

Here is something I noticed today and has been mentioned before but I think needs reminding for QC purposes, after only 2 ice times, there's already some material damage present on the inside right arm (pic attached). For a 600$ piece of equipment, I expect a sturdier material and better attention to detail when putting it together. This unfortunately is a side effect of mass production. Something to bring to the table as you move forward with Warrior ( @Kirk3190 )

My GT catcher has a similar problem seeing the T split at the top edge after only 10 games or so.

20200301_202305.jpg

Yea, I like Pete's gear designs, but I've seen/heard so many problems with the quality :( Would love to see them move at least the Pro production to Canada.

6 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Yea, I like Pete's gear designs, but I've seen/heard so many problems with the quality :( Would love to see them move at least the Pro production to Canada.

It's a simple question of aligning pieces and velcros and straps and stitching properly so it all ties in together without a notice, something that is near impossible when 1000+ units are expected to be produced under a tight ETA. This is where smaller companies excel. NOT a knock at Warrior, just a personal opinion.

20 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Sorry for the late reply, @RichMan - but Colander is correct; I have a loop. I can take a pic when I get home if you want

OK, had a game last night so took 2 pics for ya:

image.thumb.png.9841282ec3fe60367bbe976d61d2bd9b.png

And here it is done up (the belly pad never buckles/bunches/folds on me or causes me any issues; just bent over funny trying to get a decent selfie of the area)

image.thumb.png.8eac5031bb1560ad4c8e090814763fae.png

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

OK, had a game last night so took 2 pics for ya:

image.thumb.png.9841282ec3fe60367bbe976d61d2bd9b.png

And here it is done up (the belly pad never buckles/bunches/folds on me or causes me any issues; just bent over funny trying to get a decent selfie of the area)

image.thumb.png.8eac5031bb1560ad4c8e090814763fae.png

Ok, I have used that loop initially as with any other c/a I've owned while wearing it tucked. Seeing how the belly flips inward at the bottom would just drive me crazy.

I did notice on the under belly of the c/a 2 loops on opposite sides. I'll figure something out with that and report later.

Thanks bro.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:26 AM, RichMan said:

20200301_202305.jpg

Same happened to my Classic Pro and GT Pro but it wont go through and is "only" aesthetic problem. I think it isn´t because mass production or made in China fault, it´s because they use still the same fabric. It frayed in older models and it will fray as long as they use it inside arm. 

2 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

Same happened to my Classic Pro and GT Pro but it wont go through and is "only" aesthetic problem. I think it isn´t because mass production or made in China fault, it´s because they use still the same fabric. It frayed in older models and it will fray as long as they use it inside arm. 

The fraying is due to the inside of the arm rubbing against the exposed velcro at the rib section of the right (see pic), which isn't exposed on the left side. That's what I mean about mass produced. They are expected to do their part or assemble the unit in a given time to put out X amount of units a day. Because of this, attention to details is less a priority, unlike for smaller companies that can take their time setting up things right.

• 2 months later...

To stop that fraying, or anywhere else, move the rib parts carefully on top of each other, and the velcros will be sealed together nicely too. I've done this to mine every time I adjusted the straps.

Well, as some of you have already noticed, I'm getting out of mine R/GT Pro. I just cannot make the sleeves work for me, without a big modification and rebuild. In GT2 these problems are already somewhat fixed by Warrior but that doesn't help my unit. I love the mobility, light weight and the feel of the body and sleeves too. And the protection has been good enough for my level of play, except for the sleeves. And as someone thinks of it now, I already renewed a Brown 2000 which will be the next level of game for me. Check the Brown thread if interested.

And I have something to share for you after using this C/A tucked in with X Pro pants and CCM Premier pants too. In Premiers I had a problem with a feeling of the C/A sides popping out of the pants. They never actually did, but the feeling was annoying. So I went for the X Pros (in size XL from CCM SR-M) and no problem at all.

Tying them together was a different story, with undoing the pants front laceing and rebuild it with outer belt and without inner belt and belly flap. Now I can have the C/A tucked in between the pant laceing and bellyflap with internal belt on it as from factory. I tie the lace the C/A and have a sort of fighting strap at the back to attach to an extra cord loop inside the pants. Kind of using the C/A as suspenders, while also I have the inner belt tightened to hold things up.

I'll get a photo or two of this as I think none of you understand this explanation fully. 😁

IMG_20200523_182555.jpg

I was wondering about the purpose of those loops on the pants. I still prefer to attach only one point front and back to retain body rotation.

But in case of tucked c/a trying to push upwards on sides that will help.

Those harnesses don't come with pants or c/a do they?

27 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

I was wondering about the purpose of those loops on the pants. I still prefer to attach only one point front and back to retain body rotation.

But in case of tucked c/a trying to push upwards on sides that will help.

Those harnesses don't come with pants or c/a do they?

They came with my G4 chest protector but I don’t think they come with the GT series of chests. They can be easily made too

On 5/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, ArdeFIN said:

To stop that fraying, or anywhere else, move the rib parts carefully on top of each other, and the velcros will be sealed together nicely too. I've done this to mine every time I adjusted the straps.

Well, as some of you have already noticed, I'm getting out of mine R/GT Pro. I just cannot make the sleeves work for me, without a big modification and rebuild. In GT2 these problems are already somewhat fixed by Warrior but that doesn't help my unit. I love the mobility, light weight and the feel of the body and sleeves too. And the protection has been good enough for my level of play, except for the sleeves. And as someone thinks of it now, I already renewed a Brown 2000 which will be the next level of game for me. Check the Brown thread if interested.

And I have something to share for you after using this C/A tucked in with X Pro pants and CCM Premier pants too. In Premiers I had a problem with a feeling of the C/A sides popping out of the pants. They never actually did, but the feeling was annoying. So I went for the X Pros (in size XL from CCM SR-M) and no problem at all.

Tying them together was a different story, with undoing the pants front laceing and rebuild it with outer belt and without inner belt and belly flap. Now I can have the C/A tucked in between the pant laceing and bellyflap with internal belt on it as from factory. I tie the lace the C/A and have a sort of fighting strap at the back to attach to an extra cord loop inside the pants. Kind of using the C/A as suspenders, while also I have the inner belt tightened to hold things up.

I'll get a photo or two of this as I think none of you understand this explanation fully. 😁

IMG_20200523_182555.jpg

Thanks for the idea.  So I did this to help share the load of the rear strap that connects to my c/a.  I felt the single webbing would not be enough over time.

20200525_170603.jpg

20200525_171453_HDR.jpg

20200525_171516_HDR.jpg

I forgot to say, I'm having that back side loop only inside my pants. That way it allows the pants to be freely and backplate of C/A doesn't get bind up with the stiff kidneyguard of them X pros.

And I don't trust those buttons to stay there at all. The suspenders are very sturdy on attachment (atleast the custom ones like Kova) but when we get something as rigid to the pants?

Warrior going to be the first to do it? 😉

Archived