Ritual G4 Set and Chest

thebigm

Coming Soon... going to stitch this adjustable strap solid... either by reinforcement or by removal and replacement. I will never adjust this again, and I would like to get rid of the plastic buckle and add a little extra support for hanging the chesty on rink hooks. The backplate hook works well, but the weight of the chesty tries to pull the backplate through the neck hole... using both straps prevents this.

Chest2.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2018-03-28 at 12:12 PM, BadAngle41 said:

So I'm guessing the whole thinking on the uneven sliding surfaces is that less surface area in contact with the ice will reduce the amount of friction between the pad and the ice, and therefore increase the slide performance w/o changing the material then??

That was my guess too but I was lucky to talk with the designer about the uneven surface and they explained to me that the objective was to have a more consistent slide performance through the game. You should have a better slide when you have more snow on the ice. 

7 hours ago, Slyver said:

That was my guess too but I was lucky to talk with the designer about the uneven surface and they explained to me that the objective was to have a more consistent slide performance through the game. You should have a better slide when you have more snow on the ice. 

Interesting... can't wait to hear if @thebigm and @CG35 have that experience with the new sets.

Had them out for back-to-back games the other night... would still like a couple more ice times before making a full evaluation, but I can say they are definitely as fast, if not faster than my G2's... which have always been very fast. As the new thigh rises are very stiff in comparison, I noticed them bumping together at times while moving around, but we'll get this tweaked pretty quickly.  The air slide design did seem to add more consistency as the ice conditions degraded, but I would like to get some more time in varying conditions to really assess just how well this works. The league I was playing in the other night does not flood between periods, so it was a good first test. Surprisingly, I did find that the sliding surface is a little more cushiony then the more rigid surface of the G2... this coupled with the edges on the inner knee block made a big difference when making small adjustments by shuffling on your knees as the pads felt like they were gripping the ice. My G2's always felt like you were sliding in place a little when using the knee blocks to push off. Also, the Profile Lock technology is greatly improved as you could really break these into some solid curves with a little massaging. Even right from the factory they offer more 5-hole closure than my G2's after 4-5 years at max setting. These are just some quick first impressions, but I'll get these dialled in and then compare thoughts with @thebigm.

Note: If you're into Lego then the G4 is the blocker for you... every inch of this thing is fully adjustable by velcro... probably the most customizable piece in the set.

Pad1.jpg

Pad2.jpg

I had them on the ice on Tuesday they slid well I didn’t get the profile lock the way I wanted but they preformed very well. I wasn’t too busy Tuesday night sliding was well the upper thigh rebounds are a little more lively. 

Chest not as happy though them arms are blocky and my blocker got hung up on the elbow flap. I need more time to adjust to it. I’m gonna play around with the strapping. 

2 hours ago, thebigm said:

I had them on the ice on Tuesday they slid well I didn’t get the profile lock the way I wanted but they preformed very well. I wasn’t too busy Tuesday night sliding was well the upper thigh rebounds are a little more lively. 

Chest not as happy though them arms are blocky and my blocker got hung up on the elbow flap. I need more time to adjust to it. I’m gonna play around with the strapping. 

Used, OD1N, Opti-Slide, or Speed Skin? How do they compare 

On 3/30/2018 at 11:45 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Used, OD1N, Opti-Slide, or Speed Skin? How do they compare 

used Speed skin and OD1N. 

The G4s are still susceptible to the condition of the ice but the way they have the pad design it helps a little bit more than if it was all flat.  I still need more testing to confirm.  I will be on the latest as of next Friday in my tournament or if I can pick up a skate during the week.

Speed skin worked well after my crease was chewed up and snowy still slid like it was fresh ice

OD1N would be the same except snow doesn't stick the pad.  The speed skin sometimes got a minor build up the 1X had none.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2018 at 8:35 PM, CG35 said:

Ha, ha... yes... skated two playoff games back-to-back last night... was too tired to post. Found the air slide surface to function a little differently than what I expected... great improvement though. I'm gonna try to get in a couple more ice times before I look to critique, but I am very happy so far. Especially, excited with how the design turned out... and the attention to detail in the construction... flawless.

PM me with your opinions and I can added it to the review!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, CG35 said:

Had them out for back-to-back games the other night... would still like a couple more ice times before making a full evaluation, but I can say they are definitely as fast, if not faster than my G2's... which have always been very fast. As the new thigh rises are very stiff in comparison, I noticed them bumping together at times while moving around, but we'll get this tweaked pretty quickly.  The air slide design did seem to add more consistency as the ice conditions degraded, but I would like to get some more time in varying conditions to really assess just how well this works. The league I was playing in the other night does not flood between periods, so it was a good first test. Surprisingly, I did find that the sliding surface is a little more cushiony then the more rigid surface of the G2... this coupled with the edges on the inner knee block made a big difference when making small adjustments by shuffling on your knees as the pads felt like they were gripping the ice. My G2's always felt like you were sliding in place a little when using the knee blocks to push off. Also, the Profile Lock technology is greatly improved as you could really break these into some solid curves with a little massaging. Even right from the factory they offer more 5-hole closure than my G2's after 4-5 years at max setting. These are just some quick first impressions, but I'll get these dialled in and then compare thoughts with @thebigm.

Note: If you're into Lego then the G4 is the blocker for you... every inch of this thing is fully adjustable by velcro... probably the most customizable piece in the set.

Pad1.jpg

Pad2.jpg

Looks like the thigh rise has been significantly thinned out. How is the stiffness now? I have NOT worn a Warrior pad, but they always feel soft to me in general. I am surprised people find Ritual line too stiff and go with the GT. 

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Looks like the thigh rise has been significantly thinned out. How is the stiffness now? I have NOT worn a Warrior pad, but they always feel soft to me in general. I am surprised people find Ritual line too stiff and go with the GT. 

Ritual is only stiff in the torsional aspect. The thighrise has been known to break down and become squishy for a 'stiff' pad and I know the G2 was known to soften up quite a bit in the boot and thighrise area. So far the GT has held up pretty well, especially in the thighrise.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ritual is only stiff in the torsional aspect. The thighrise has been known to break down and become squishy for a 'stiff' pad and I know the G2 was known to soften up quite a bit in the boot and thighrise area. So far the GT has held up pretty well, especially in the thighrise.

Kinda what I thought with those pads, thanks! 

On 4/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, TheGoalNet said:

The stiffness is holding up very well even though they are super thin this would be do to the addition of the hypercomp I don't think it's going to break down as quick either and maintain its rigidity better.  Only time will tell though.

On 4/18/2018 at 11:14 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

My Gts in a year were super soft up top and they could easily bend in with a hard shot and that's with less than a years worth of use.

20 minutes ago, thebigm said:

My Gts in a year were super soft up top and they could easily bend in with a hard shot and that's with less than a years worth of use.

Interesting. I mean, mine are definitely softer than when I originally got them, but I wouldn't say they're super soft yet.

8 minutes ago, thebigm said:

I was using mine pretty heavy since day one of getting them.  I was 2-4 times a week just until recent.  But I sold them and moved on to Demo G4s till my custom G4 set comes in.

That's pretty much what I've been at too. Granted, we may have different opinions of soft too. I came from a set of heavily used senior V4's. My soft R/GT's are still considerably stiffer than what I was used to. :P

6 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's pretty much what I've been at too. Granted, we may have different opinions of soft too. I came from a set of heavily used senior V4's. My soft R/GT's are still considerably stiffer than what I was used to. :P

that is also true I was coming from some gnetiks and they weren't super duper soft like your vaughns lol i don't keep pads normally more than 4 years

Any insight on how you have your G4 Chest setup with your pants? Do you have Warrior Pants as well? I'm having a hard time trying to find a good set up for using the G4 Chest tucked into my Warrior Ritual pants. The chest seems to keep popping out on the sides and front. I currently have suspenders on the pants but its not doing a good enough job for keeping the Chest inside the pants.

I wear them with CCM pants soon to be custom brian's pants.  I wore mine on the outside.  I made the loop bigger by putting skate lace through it and making a knot in it.  than ran my belt and pant lace through the loop on the chesty to hold it down and wear my suspenders under the floaters like how lundqvist does his.

7 hours ago, thebigm said:

I wear them with CCM pants soon to be custom brian's pants.  I wore mine on the outside.  I made the loop bigger by putting skate lace through it and making a knot in it.  than ran my belt and pant lace through the loop on the chesty to hold it down and wear my suspenders under the floaters like how lundqvist does his.

Can you post a picture?? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Skinzy said:

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the length of the calf sling wrap on the G4. I have big calves and was wondering if there is a good amount of room and adjustability. Thanks

You will have adequate room they adjust a good amount!

22 hours ago, Skinzy said:

I was wondering if anyone could comment on the length of the calf sling wrap on the G4. I have big calves and was wondering if there is a good amount of room and adjustability. Thanks

I have big calves as well there is plenty of room with the wraps.

Archived