Ritual G4 Set and Chest

thebigm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had a local company repair ours!

I talked to Kirk about it.  He is normally pretty good to respond but you have to think of how many people message him and he's not the warranty guy.  Take it to your retailer or bring them in to get stitched because that's what they will do to repair them!  If you send them to Warrior it will be what they are doing and take longer due to shipping there and back

I

Just now, thebigm said:

We have had a local company repair ours!

I talked to Kirk about it.  He is normally pretty good to respond but you have to think of how many people message him and he's not the warranty guy.  Take it to your retailer or bring them in to get stitched because that's what they will do to repair them!  If you send them to Warrior it will be what they are doing and take longer due to shipping there and back

I

All i want is for them to at least acknowledge that its an issue... I've already fixed them myself as I mod gear and own a speedy stitcher and used actual waxed thread, the way they should have been assembled in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

All i want is for them to at least acknowledge that its an issue... I've already fixed them myself as I mod gear and own a speedy stitcher and used actual waxed thread, the way they should have been assembled in the first place.

They know it's an issue.

Update:  Jeff from Warrior got a hold of me.  He said there was a batch of pads from the factory that didnt have the correct thread count for the knee landing area and that the problem has been resolved at the factory.  He offered to get them picked up and fixed but as we know, I had already fixed the issue.  In Lieu of that they are shooting me a strap kit and swag bag of some sort....  I'm just happy that they owned up to the issue.

2 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Update:  Jeff from Warrior got a hold of me.  He said there was a batch of pads from the factory that didnt have the correct thread count for the knee landing area and that the problem has been resolved at the factory.  He offered to get them picked up and fixed but as we know, I had already fixed the issue.  In Lieu of that they are shooting me a strap kit and swag bag of some sort....  I'm just happy that they owned up to the issue.

Good on them.  It's great to have acknowledgement, explanation, and some free swag .   Similar experience with me recently.   It's funny how paying so much money for something so personal that we're passionate about draws up a need for perfection, transparency, and communication from the companies we buy from.

Just now, seagoal said:

Good on them.  It's great to have acknowledgement, explanation, and some free swag .   Similar experience with me recently.   It's funny how paying so much money for something so personal that we're passionate about draws up a need for perfection, transparency, and communication from the companies we buy from.

Ya i was expecting the run around... the whole "thats normal wear" deal, but he instantly fessed up that its a non issue and that they have addressed it at their facility.  Props to Warrior for the straight shootin' follow up!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on the wear experienced so far this year with the G4's...

On Ice Activity

SeniorA Games: 15

SeniorA Practices: 12

Competitive Men's League Games: 43

Subbed Games Men's & Beer League: 6

Total Ice Times: 76

Blocker Wear:

Small amount of wear through the nylon backing on the finger protection. This is caused by putting my hand into paddle down. It causes the thumb protection to momentarily rub across the finger protection. There is a small wear point visible on the jenpro of the thumb piece where contact is made.

Action: If it doesn't grow any larger I most likely won't worry about repairing this.

Blocker1.thumb.jpg.ada97e29e122730ef13ca33f6735509f.jpg

Trapper Wear:

Small amount of wear started on the nylon pocket binding at outside of tee.

Small stitching wear on the inside of the thumb.

Small stitching wear on the inside of the pocket tee.

Action: All very superficial and don't seem to be getting any worse with time... no action required at this time.

Trapper1.thumb.jpg.0067d5c8baad8dae56789e12d113fa3b.jpgTrapper2.thumb.jpg.c7ba6b91bb191c507fb50edfeed38dae.jpgTrapper3.thumb.jpg.fea6ecf00d008b30e62d208b3961b27e.jpg

Left Pad:

Slight jenpro wear on the upper inside corner.

Worn through one of the repair stitches on the knee landing again, including slight wear to the jenpro binding.

Action: Will keep an eye on the knee landing and repair as required moving forward.

LP1.thumb.jpg.bbac80294fec2748a5ba86a10fe992aa.jpgLP2.thumb.jpg.e8fada5a3151a8177bf09ebd4a1b6b0d.jpg

Right Pad:

Slight jenpro wear on the upper outside corner.

Slight jenpro wear on the front inside of toe.

Slight jenpro wear on the inside of the upper thigh board.

Worn through a bit more of the original stitching on the knee landing again.

Action: All jenpro wear is extremely minor... top of pads is from rubbing together in butterfly and the rest is just from hard play... sticks, etc. during jam plays down low. No real action required for any of them at this point. Knee landing will likely make it to the off-season before requiring a quick zip from the Speedy Stitcher.

RP1.thumb.jpg.cc18dd2ec7c9d5485d2c877b000bf421.jpgRP2.thumb.jpg.8f5e2ecafe834c250bb65d4ff2b829ed.jpgRP3.thumb.jpg.8d31c5c397cccdfc1b49ed84a78f38f7.jpgRP4.thumb.jpg.b237cc0603c6cdd13da3f393615d96db.jpgRP5.thumb.jpg.0d67bdd67e5291910c9a585c4d2899bf.jpg

Chesty:

Is still like brand new in every way... just broken-in and a few puck marks. All mods holding up perfectly.

Action: None Required.

Chesty.thumb.jpg.5b2beb1fcde2c232756b7e923d1bd1be.jpg

Warrior CR3 SE Stick:

I purchased two at the start of our SeniorA season and had to retire one to practice duty only this week... cracked across the paddle about an 1" - 1-1/2" above the heel. This stick likely won't make it through next weeks skate.

Action: They play fine... but I won't be replacing it with another CR3 as I just don't like the feel of this model. Will either upgrade to CR1 or go back to a Bauer stick.

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, CG35 said:

Just a quick update on the wear experienced so far this year with the G4's...

On Ice Activity

SeniorA Games: 15

SeniorA Practices: 12

Competitive Men's League Games: 43

Subbed Games Men's & Beer League: 6

Total Ice Times: 76

Blocker Wear:

Small amount of wear through the nylon backing on the finger protection. This is caused by putting my hand into paddle down. It causes the thumb protection to momentarily rub across the finger protection. There is a small wear point visible on the jenpro of the thumb piece where contact is made.

Action: If it doesn't grow any larger I most likely won't worry about repairing this.

Blocker1.thumb.jpg.ada97e29e122730ef13ca33f6735509f.jpg

Trapper Wear:

Small amount of wear started on the nylon pocket binding at outside of tee.

Small stitching wear on the inside of the thumb.

Small stitching wear on the inside of the pocket tee.

Action: All very superficial and don't seem to be getting any worse with time... no action required at this time.

Trapper1.thumb.jpg.0067d5c8baad8dae56789e12d113fa3b.jpgTrapper2.thumb.jpg.c7ba6b91bb191c507fb50edfeed38dae.jpgTrapper3.thumb.jpg.fea6ecf00d008b30e62d208b3961b27e.jpg

Left Pad:

Worn through one of the repair stitches on the knee landing again, including slight wear to the jenpro binding.

Action: Will keep an eye on the knee landing and repair as required moving forward.

LP1.thumb.jpg.bbac80294fec2748a5ba86a10fe992aa.jpgLP2.thumb.jpg.e8fada5a3151a8177bf09ebd4a1b6b0d.jpg

Right Pad:

Slight jenpro wear on the upper outside corner.

Slight jenpro wear on the front inside of toe.

Slight jenpro wear on the inside of the upper thigh board.

Worn through a bit more of the original stitching on the knee landing again.

Action: All jenpro wear is extremely minor... top of pads is from rubbing together in butterfly and the rest is just from hard play... sticks, etc. during jam plays down low. No real action required for any of them at this point. Knee landing will likely make it to the off-season before requiring a quick zip from the Speedy Stitcher.

RP1.thumb.jpg.cc18dd2ec7c9d5485d2c877b000bf421.jpgRP2.thumb.jpg.8f5e2ecafe834c250bb65d4ff2b829ed.jpgRP3.thumb.jpg.8d31c5c397cccdfc1b49ed84a78f38f7.jpgRP4.thumb.jpg.b237cc0603c6cdd13da3f393615d96db.jpgRP5.thumb.jpg.0d67bdd67e5291910c9a585c4d2899bf.jpg

Chesty:

Is still like brand new in every way... just broken-in and a few puck marks. All mods holding up perfectly.

Action: None Required.

Chesty.thumb.jpg.5b2beb1fcde2c232756b7e923d1bd1be.jpg

Warrior CR3 SE Stick:

I purchased two at the start of our SeniorA season and had to retire one to practice duty only this week... cracked across the paddle about an 1" - 1-1/2" above the heel. This stick likely won't make it through next weeks skate.

Action: They play fine... but I won't be replacing it with another CR3 as I just don't like the feel of this model. Will either upgrade to CR1 or go back to a Bauer stick.

Any further updates on how the stitching on the AIRSlides is holding up? I'm looking at picking up a pair of G4s from Goalie Monkey soon... I assume if I buy a pair now they should have already cleared out the "bad batch" of stitched pads by now?

Thoughts?

Archived