CCM Premier 2

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, G_B said:

How does the p2 leg channel and strapping feel compared to your optik? I'm coming from a modified gn3 with same leg channel as optik. Sliding surface nodded to opti-slide as well. The p2 looks a bit more open for sure. But plays more with more stability? 

Optik slides better.  P2 slides better than regular Jenpro.

Like the snap & stability of the CCM’s a bit better, but Optik is not bad. 

Both leg channels are good and simple. The CCM ones are ultra simple. 

I wore my Optik for league playoffs because I’m the comfortable in those and don’t think twice about them when I’m wearing them 

I am going back to my CCM’s for the next couple months to try them more 

Optik FLY is softer and I find them a bit more natural on my leg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/3/2018 at 1:32 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Optik slides better.  P2 slides better than regular Jenpro.

Like the snap & stability of the CCM’s a bit better, but Optik is not bad. 

Both leg channels are good and simple. The CCM ones are ultra simple. 

I wore my Optik for league playoffs because I’m the comfortable in those and don’t think twice about them when I’m wearing them 

I am going back to my CCM’s for the next couple months to try them more 

Optik FLY is softer and I find them a bit more natural on my leg

Thanks! I dont like the 3d molded knee stack very much and the knee block seems to be kind of medium soft, not rock hard like they used to be. Probably getting the monster fazio spec knee blocks... Can you tell me the size of the stock knee block? with the 3d grip excluded. My pads haven't arrived yet. 

What's the consensus on jenpro vs speedskin for toughness/durability? I'm going to be ordering a set of P2's soon and was thinking of just using speedskin on the sliding surface, but I've recently been told that speedskin is tougher?? 

I have speedskin on my Eflex 3.9's, but I'm not sure I like it over the entire pad/gloves. If it is more durable though, I'll likely stick with it. I'm assuming a weight difference would be negligible. 

My team wears kings jerseys, all silver might look alright with them haha 

13 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

What's the consensus on jenpro vs speedskin for toughness/durability? I'm going to be ordering a set of P2's soon and was thinking of just using speedskin on the sliding surface, but I've recently been told that speedskin is tougher?? 

I have speedskin on my Eflex 3.9's, but I'm not sure I like it over the entire pad/gloves. If it is more durable though, I'll likely stick with it. I'm assuming a weight difference would be negligible. 

Durability wise I've heard that speedskin is fine but I think it looks cheap so I just went with the sliding surface, everything else jenpro. 

15 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

Speedskin is fine.  I've seen a set in person that was pretty worn down from heavy use.  The little bumps in the skin either wore away or got ground down, but the pad still performed fine.  No wear spots.

I believe Speedskin has more shear strength (resistance to tearing), but pads don't really get subject to that.

Thanks for the assistance. The set has been ordered. After speaking with the staff at my local shop, I went with speed skin on the sliding surfaces, as well the areas that use the stronger version of it (zone j on the customizer). Now the wait!

3 hours ago, Flyers27 said:

Thanks for the assistance. The set has been ordered. After speaking with the staff at my local shop, I went with speed skin on the sliding surfaces, as well the areas that use the stronger version of it (zone j on the customizer). Now the wait!

How long? 2 months? Waiting on mine...

37 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

If you don't mind sharing, what design did you guys go with?

Crawford colours (I qucikly learned that my white/black pads got ruined way too fast lol), no outerbreak, single inner, went stiff....the soft is way too soft and I feel like the pad will break a little within time

I didn't like the double T glove, went single

I went with a black base, silver and white (emboss) accents. Single inner break, no outer, pre curved, stock boot.

I hope they don't get ruined too fast! I almost wish I'd gone more black after seeing a set in the store, but I think these will go with a Kings style jersey . My previous white/black Eflex 3.9s held up well, though they have more speed skin on them, not sure if that will make a difference.

After using a double tee the last year, I too prefer the single tee, and went with the straight finger protection on the blocker. I felt like the curved was pushing my stick away. It's going to be a long 2 months lol.

CP2-180612-17_1528830448_pad.png

CP2-180612-17_1528830449_blocker.png

CP2-180612-17_1528830449_glove.png

38 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

I went with a black base, silver and white (emboss) accents. Single inner break, no outer, pre curved, stock boot.

I hope they don't get ruined too fast! I almost wish I'd gone more black after seeing a set in the store, but I think these will go with a Kings style jersey . My previous white/black Eflex 3.9s held up well, though they have more speed skin on them, not sure if that will make a difference.

After using a double tee the last year, I too prefer the single tee, and went with the straight finger protection on the blocker. I felt like the curved was pushing my stick away. It's going to be a long 2 months lol.

CP2-180612-17_1528830448_pad.png

I went with pretty much the same. I kept the Double T, friend has been using it for awhile and likes that he can see through the pocket, So I went with that. 

Its going to be a long wait for mine also. A good wait though. 

Capture.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Archived