CCM Premier 2

TheGoalNet

11 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I really wish these gear companies would get their act together in regards to custom gear.

Let us follow along when an order is submitted, when it's being built, shipped, etc.

Even's if it's as simple as something like this...

1493742158542.jpg.ecd788fe8e127c6e16173756041233c9.jpg

I believe True does something similar in regards to their skates.

Joz from Brians spoke about this on the In Goal Mag podcast.  Pro orders get done in 48 hours (He spoke about Nilssons set) and he said that most companies will look to shorten the custom times.  Mostly thru refined production... I think Warrior has done this with their 2 lines.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Joz from Brians spoke about this on the In Goal Mag podcast.  Pro orders get done in 48 hours (He spoke about Nilssons set) and he said that most companies will look to shorten the custom times.  Mostly thru refined production... I think Warrior has done this with their 2 lines.

Oooh. Just started that episode of the podcast while on lunch, and stopped when Joz was talking about getting his job at Brian's, so I'm not there yet.

I wonder if Warrior's product is faster because of the lack of modifications in their custom program - all you can choose is color, size, and external breaks. No stiff/soft boot, knee, leg channel and strapping options, etc.

2 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Oooh. Just started that episode of the podcast while on lunch, and stopped when Joz was talking about getting his job at Brian's, so I'm not there yet.

I wonder if Warrior's product is faster because of the lack of modifications in their custom program - all you can choose is color, size, and external breaks. No stiff/soft boot, knee, leg channel and strapping options, etc.

That's a huge part, more cookie cutter vs customization

38 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I really wish these gear companies would get their act together in regards to custom gear.

Let us follow along when an order is submitted, when it's being built, shipped, etc.

Even's if it's as simple as something like this...

1493742158542.jpg.ecd788fe8e127c6e16173756041233c9.jpg

I believe True does something similar in regards to their skates.

I agree. Unfortunately, I think most of this stuff is done the old fashion way on paper. I forgot which company posted it, but they had baskets with the order details and the materials needed to create the product stacked up. I'm sure nothing gets inputted back into a computer until its done. Even then it would be nice to know when the product actually ships.

5 hours ago, Kaveman42 said:

I agree. Unfortunately, I think most of this stuff is done the old fashion way on paper. I forgot which company posted it, but they had baskets with the order details and the materials needed to create the product stacked up. I'm sure nothing gets inputted back into a computer until its done. Even then it would be nice to know when the product actually ships.

Thats how most do it... I know CCM and Brians for sure

14 hours ago, Kaveman42 said:

That and a tracking number are all I would ask for.   Step by step updates would be nice in a perfect world, but I'm ok without.   I will say when I ordered from Scott Battram roughly 15 years ago he did provide info and pictures several times during the build process.   I'm not sure if Passau, Kenesky, or some of the other smaller MFG's are better about communicating than the big guys are or if that is a thing of the past, but it was really nice to see my pads coming together.

Archived