Goal Stick Butt End/Knob Thread

Punisher Goalie

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've ordered a Flux... I had the shaft on my new to me 1S stick crack, so I was able to get a replacement 1S for cheap from the Hockey Shop in Surrey (end of season blowout) and am gonna toss the Flux on it.  I'm hoping to do a bit of comparison between the Flux, Russian Grip and the TackiMac Command

5ab11f5dd069f_ScreenShot2018-03-20at8_37_04AM.thumb.png.8b5439c03d85e1e71f74b6f45002bde8.png

12 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I bought a buttendz for my player sticks 3-4 years ago. Literally couldn't get the damn thing on. Tried everything. Ended up tossing it in the trash. The tacki macs were so easy with their double sided tape!

Interesting... I hated the double sided tape with the TackiMac.  I loved the spray on install for my Russian Grip

8 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Interesting... I hated the double sided tape with the TackiMac.  I loved the spray on install for my Russian Grip

How come? You stick the tape on, wet it, use a bit of dish soap to get the grip over the end of the stick and it slides on easily. 

• 2 weeks later...

Russian Grip is the easiest to put on. I got Butt Endz on, but you’ve really got to load up on the lube. That’s what the spray is, it’s not adhesive, it’s lube 

With my Flux I stretched the end open a bit during install. It rolls sometimes when I slide my hand up to play the puck. A strip of tape corrects the issue 

Anyone tried a sniper skin?

4 minutes ago, Max Tanzi said:

so i have been thinking about switching to a buttendz grip, but im not sure which to get. i dont like the massive knobs, for example a knob like holtby,

ill throw a pic up here of my knob. should i get a flux or the sentry?

IMG_1913.thumb.JPG.d8df6531e2c266e92d150e43dd4ecc94.JPGIMG_1914.thumb.JPG.2d0a910e322ac6d294dfcedb8f0e0399.JPG

I would recommend the Flux. I find the Sentry to be a big classic goalie knob. Scroll back a couple pages, there's a lot of pics

• 6 months later...

Curious has to how you people do up your knob.  There are about as many ways to go about it as there is goalies so, I thought we could share.

I do the "Carey Price learned it from Markov" method.  Gradually tapers with no real knob and the end of the stick.  Bulk of it goes on white, one pass of red tape and then red athletic tape.  I do the last layer of red tape really just so that it looks red, otherwise the white shows through the red athletic tape and it just look pinkish.

You can also see from the pictures that I chop off a fairly good amount of stick.  I just think it improves the balance of the stick.

Alright, you seen mine, now show me yours!

062248643.jpg

062241516.jpg

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Goal Stick Butt End/Knob Thread
On 3/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, cwarnar said:

I've ordered a Flux... I had the shaft on my new to me 1S stick crack, so I was able to get a replacement 1S for cheap from the Hockey Shop in Surrey (end of season blowout) and am gonna toss the Flux on it.  I'm hoping to do a bit of comparison between the Flux, Russian Grip and the TackiMac Command

5ab11f5dd069f_ScreenShot2018-03-20at8_37_04AM.thumb.png.8b5439c03d85e1e71f74b6f45002bde8.png

i really dont get robs (buttendz founder) schtick of ¨Soggy/Slimy Tape¨ bc in my experience of playing hockey i dont think my tape has ever been soggy or slimy. yeah its been wet before but tape just gets dirt brown, especially white

So like I said, I got me self a new schtick, and decided to outfit it with a Tacki-mac grip.  Reading through the instruction, it comes with a double sided tape.  Knowing that Tacki-mac comes from the golf world (hence, I assume, the double sided tape has this is how you apply golf grip), and having seen a video of Buttendz on how to remove and reuse their grip, and the fact that these one come with an application spray instead of glue or tape, I figured I'd instal mine with spraynet so that it's easier to get off if ever I decided that it needs to come off!

Has anyone ever tried that, and if so, what were the results?

Thanks.

210716902.jpg

10804382~2.jpg

Archived