Humboldt Broncos

ULTIMA

I had a busy weekend as was late to hear about the tragic event that occurred in Saskatchewen last week. I'm sure most people have heard about it by now. A total of 15 members perished in that crash including one of their goalies Parker Tobin. Very very sad and so many people affected by this.

For those interested in in donating:

https://ca.gofundme.com/funds-for-humboldt-broncos

humboldt-broncos-team-pic.jpg

Stick went out Monday night.

Looking at your own kids while trying to explain what happened in sufficient detail (you can't bullshit kids these days; they are way too sharp) but in a way that doesn't traumatize them... all the while trying (and trying NOT to) imagine how the families of these guys feel... gut-wrenching stuff.

Below is a link to a news story about 12 April being jersey day. I only found out about this last night, when our 6-year old son said the teacher told the kids to wear a jersey today (12 April).

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/it-s-just-so-relatable-b-c-hockey-moms-organize-jersey-day-in-support-of-broncos-families-1.4610501

Sorry I'm late in sharing this, but if it's not too late (and you are able to) why not wear a jersey, and/or green and gold today? I'm fortunate enough to have a job where I can wear a jersey, so I have my Team Canada jersey (my other jerseys are Habs and Wings, so the choice this morning was obvious).

Cheers,

Mark

My boys went in wearing hockey jerseys today.

I really didn't have to explain much to them. Bad bus accident and people were hurt and killed. With all the school stuff they've been going through - they're pretty aware of terrible events these day - unfortunately.

While not the really the same thing, I always have that worrying feeling when my kids get on the bus in the morning. I always tell them that I love them as they run onto the bus. You hope and pray that things like that never happen and they're returned to you ok. So sad for those parents.

This has somewhat hit me hard and in many places, and I have been watching this alot. I played jr. and sr. hockey up here in Ontario and if I wasn't playing I was on the bench as trainer/equipment manager. Combined I was on the bus for around 7 years traveling all over south and central Ontario with that. 4 years ago I started working for a family run bus company,  similar to the one the team was on. We transport alot of Jr. and Minor hockey teams in the winter and are the official bus company for the Barrie Colts of the OHL. I have taking a few teams out on trips over the years as that was what I asked for. It's fun to go back out and be with a team again but also I have to remember to be responsible for the safe transport of them to and from the rink. I have most of my teams ask for me all the time because they enjoy having me as a driver. When am not driving I spend most of my time as volunteer firefighter, training and practicing. The scene the 1st responders arrived at, I just can fathom what they saw and went through. But I can tell you the pain they would had after. You never forget it. The thing is though an event like this, the whole country of Canada will never forget it. I know that team is up there right now just playing one heck of a game, it's snowing so bad outside right now in the middle of April it has to be the ice shavings off there skates failing down.

36 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I know that team is up there right now just playing one heck of a game, it's snowing so bad outside right now in the middle of April it has to be the ice shavings off there skates failing down.

The Northern lights the last few nights have been brilliant Green and Gold

Archived