Protechsport Mask Thread

38 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks Naz.  Its the Harrison/Potvin mold.  It looks off to me though.  I'm not 100% happy with the pictures I have seen of it thus far. 

I think it looks a bit off because it's white with a stainless steel cage.  If it was coloured/painted with the white window and a white cage it would look like the picture below or really close to it.

leafsmask1.jpg

Edited by Drew37

17 minutes ago, Drew37 said:

I think it looks a bit off because it's white with a stainless steel cage.  If it was coloured/painted with the white window and a white cage it would look like the picture below or really close to it.

I know white mask with polished cage and black harness looks a little odd but I had the end product in mind when I asked for said colors.  It will all come together eventually lol.  With that said, its the way the ear and cheek line are cut out.  It just looks off to me.  Angles look wrong to me.

18 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks Naz.  Its the Harrison/Potvin mold.  It looks off to me though.  I'm not 100% happy with the pictures I have seen of it thus far. 

I get what you are saying.  The back edge of the mask behind the ear vents needs to extend just a little lower before the transition angle towards the jaw.  The triangle vents always look just a liiiiittle off on these masks.  The edges of the vents that are parallel to each other over the ears need to be just a touch longer as well.

But still, looks 1000 times better than the round holes.  Cage choice is awesome too.  I prefer the look of the double bar like you have there.

37 minutes ago, Naz said:

I get what you are saying.  The back edge of the mask behind the ear vents needs to extend just a little lower before the transition angle towards the jaw.  The triangle vents always look just a liiiiittle off on these masks.  The edges of the vents that are parallel to each other over the ears need to be just a touch longer as well.

But still, looks 1000 times better than the round holes.  Cage choice is awesome too.  I prefer the look of the double bar like you have there.

Exactly what I am talking about.

Edit - My wife just text me and said I have a package from Michel.  I get out of work in 2 hours.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Exactly what I am talking about.

Edit - My wife just text me and said I have a package from Michel.  I get out of work in 2 hours.

anxiously waiting for a picture?

Edited by Big2

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

After having it in person it is not as off as it appeared to be in the pictures that Michel sent me.  I am very happy with it.

IMG_8541.JPG

Very nice!

Have not been following the thread - fiberglass/glass + kevlar/full kevlar?

On 8/14/2018 at 12:20 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

After having it in person it is not as off as it appeared to be in the pictures that Michel sent me.  I am very happy with it.

IMG_8541.JPG

What chin length did you go with here for the Potvin? I still have time to figure things out but I like the length displayed here. 

18 minutes ago, Taco said:

What chin length did you go with here for the Potvin? I still have time to figure things out but I like the length displayed here. 

The chin itself is 3" I think but he asked for a measurement from the top of the face opening to the bottom of the chin.  Let me go back and check my emails with him and get you exactly what I gave him.

Edit - Top of Cage Opening to Bottom of Chin: 8.25in/21cm

• 1 month later...

Happy to finally get this guy today.  So I was considering a 961 because I always wanted one that actually fit right, but because my head mold matched Potvins exactly, Michel talked me into this one.  He was psyched to make another Potvin straight from Felix's original mold and shell. The Green paint happened to be left over from a Luongo mask he made back in the day too, so pretty cool story behind this one.

20180929_165119.jpg

20180929_165128.jpg

20180929_165138.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

Happy to finally get this guy today.  So I was considering a 961 because I always wanted one that actually fit right, but because my head mold matched Potvins exactly, Michel talked me into this one.  He was psyched to make another Potvin straight from Felix's original mold and shell. The Green paint happened to be left over from a Luongo mask he made back in the day too, so pretty cool story behind this one.

20180929_165119.jpg

20180929_165128.jpg

20180929_165138.jpg

Dig the history AND the finished product!

• Like 1