Protechsport Mask Thread

going for my 5th paint repair/repaint since 2007,  going to keep the same color as I love the "Roy" theme.

Aebischer mold, chin sling.
Never had any damage after all this time, only paint chips and bent cages. And believe me I got a LOT of shots to the head through the years. 

First time was gloss white with blue cage, the standard. I believe I got it repainted once the same.
Second was matte white, the flavor of the day.
Third and current is Red with blue cage and backplate and white window, the "Roy". I'll keep the same look.
I always add some vinyl to the mask to have some fun, must've changed 10 times over the years. Last 5 years where the Roy pinstripe to match the colors.

P1010119.JPG

P1000078_R.jpg

IMG_0842.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, holdUP said:

Time for a new cage on my Protechsport mask.... Anyone know if any off-the-shelf cages fit, or do I need to get in touch with Michel to have him send me one?

Thanks in advance!

In most cases I don't think there's an off-the-shelf cage that will fit, so probably best to contact Michel. His cage prices are pretty low too, only $90CAD I believe which is the cheapest I've seen for a new cage.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TitanG said:

In most cases I don't think there's an off-the-shelf cage that will fit, so probably best to contact Michel. His cage prices are pretty low too, only $90CAD I believe which is the cheapest I've seen for a new cage.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 4:25 PM, holdUP said:

Time for a new cage on my Protechsport mask.... Anyone know if any off-the-shelf cages fit, or do I need to get in touch with Michel to have him send me one?

Thanks in advance!

Check with Michel but goalieparts sell cages for his masks (which are OTNY). But if you're ordering from them you might as well order from Michel instead.

Edited by redrook

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cool Runnings said:

Mother of God 😲

I know right? Been walking around at 12 O’clock since I saw it yesterday. Had to order immediately!

the next thing that will wow you is the price.... still can’t believe what he quoted me for a full custom mask

Edited by Vanniek71
  • Haha 1

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

Dooooooo it guys.  I love this mask.  I have always wanted a Harrison and this is the next best thing.  My only gripe is that the Potvin is a long cage mask.  I would have preferred a short cage.  Minor details though.

I did it!

Does long cage give you a bigger face opening? I want the most open I can get without going Mage/Coveted style combo. 

2 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

I did it!

Does long cage give you a bigger face opening? I want the most open I can get without going Mage/Coveted style combo. 

Yes it does.  If you look at the picture of my mask that you posted above and then look at this McLean mask, you can see the difference in the length of the cage/window.  Look how much longer that middle bar is once it starts bending in again.  You can even see the difference compared to my Pro's Choice in the same picture.  McLean is a better apples to apples comparison though...
IMG_8541.JPG

item_21484_1.jpg

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yes it does.  If you look at the picture of my mask that you posted above and then look at this McLean mask, you can see the difference in the length of the cage/window.  Look how much longer that middle bar is once it starts bending in again.  You can even see the difference compared to my Pro's Choice in the same picture.  McLean is a better apples to apples comparison though...

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Think I will like the long cage 😃

15 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No problem I am glad it will work out for you.  What other options did you go with?

I said make mine just like SavebyRichter’s...

Kidding!

Full Kevlar

Black Hidden straps, double vent backplate

White - may go matte white to see what that looks like for kicks, since I’m going to wrap it anyways

Extra Cateye (rather have one on hand)

Think that was it.

• Like 1

Actually I left out some stuff, here’s the full deets:

Potvin Mold:

Full Kevlar

White paint

Chin Cup

Black foam Interior

Cat eye cage + 1 extra cat eye cage

Triangular vent holes

Black harness - hidden harness

Vented backplate with the 2 triangular vents at the top

I may ask him to include the stuff for a chin sling too, never tried one before but not ready to plunge in 100% without checking it out first

Edited by Vanniek71
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

Actually I left out some stuff, here’s the full deets:

Potvin Mold:

Full Kevlar

White paint

Chin Cup

Black foam Interior

Cat eye cage + 1 extra cat eye cage

Triangular vent holes

Black harness - hidden harness

Vented backplate with the 2 triangular vents at the top

Nice.  Only differences I have are chin sling and I went with a standard harness since I ended up making my own outsider straps.  Good choice on the full Kevlar, I love mine.  Smart to get a second cage too, I wish I thought of that.  Its inevitable that its going to get dented and need to be replaced.  At least you avoid any downtime you'd have waiting for a new one to ship.  What did he quote you on wait time?

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nice.  Only differences I have are chin sling and I went with a standard harness since I ended up making my own outsider straps.  Good choice on the full Kevlar, I love mine.  Smart to get a second cage too, I wish I thought of that.  Its inevitable that its going to get dented and need to be replaced.  At least you avoid any downtime you'd have waiting for a new one to ship.  What did he quote you on wait time?

His site says 35 weeks currently. He said the timer starts when he gets the mold or payment, whichever gets there first. I’ve got a pretty new Shark 954 so not in a hurry. This was purely a lust and impulse buy, but I’m sure this will become my main mask once I have it.

My plaster wraps come tomorrow :)

I think I will ask for a sling as well. May as well try it out.

16 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

His site says 35 weeks currently. He said the timer starts when he gets the mold or payment, whichever gets there first. I’ve got a pretty new Shark 954 so not in a hurry. This was purely a lust and impulse buy, but I’m sure this will become my main mask once I have it.

My plaster wraps come tomorrow :)

I think I will ask for a sling as well. May as well try it out.

It was a lust buy for me as well at the time.  Since getting Harrison shell Protechsport I've used it more than my Pro's Choice lol.  There are a few factors for that reason though, its not only because I like it better.