Protechsport Mask Thread

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Never mind I went back and found it.  Another Potvin!

Yessir, specifically:

Potvin Mold:

Full Kevlar

White paint

Chin Cup

Black foam Interior

Cat eye cage + 1 extra cat eye cage

Triangular vent holes

Black harness - hidden harness

Vented backplate with the 2 triangular vents at the top

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, chile57 said:

Looks good @Vanniek71 - like the changeup of a predominantly white Venom mask. One question - what are the outlined white pieces on the crown of the lid coming down to the center of the top of the cage intended to be? 

Not a clue sir! Scratches maybe? With wraps JF was saying there is a seam, so maybe he used that to blend it easier? I didn't mind it so said go with it.

15 minutes ago, chile57 said:

@Vanniek71 ah - got it. Didn't know if it was supposed to be a "design element". Doesn't look out of place - just intrigued as a Marvel aficionado. 

Sidebar - was this the final answer on your Medusa strapping conundrum?

Never got any real answer, so sticking with what I have for now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanniek71 said:

Not a clue sir! Scratches maybe? With wraps JF was saying there is a seam, so maybe he used that to blend it easier? I didn't mind it so said go with it.

Yes there there is a seam in there. It's done to blend the seam in with the design other wise it would stand out bad. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, Vanniek71 said:

There’s a Potvin model too, it’s just not listed :)

That's the Belfour ;) it's just a Harrison copy, not directly copied from either Belfour or Potvin. I asked Michel about it.

There are only four Protechport molds.

Edited by redrook

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 7:15 AM, agrare said:

My first protechsport masks, ordered in January and just showed up this weekend.

Fichaud mold, full kevlar, chin cup, interior polish, and hidden harness.

I'm extremely impressed with the build and the fit is perfect.

PXL_20220801_124956441.jpg

PXL_20220801_125013052.jpg

PXL_20220801_125034447.jpg

PXL_20220801_125046223.jpg

Those look great!  Would you mind giving me a couple basic measurements?  I'm really thinking I'm going to get a Fichaud as my time is almost here.  Maybe outside of the cheekbones measurement and at the temples.   I'm a small guy and this being a small mold, I think it'll be a good fit.  I didn't send a head mold this time because the fit was so bad last time I ordered one, I just took measurements this time.  

Thank you. 

On 8/13/2020 at 9:21 PM, craig said:

My new mask from Michel. Such a pleasure to work with. 

Giguere mould

Extended chin

Roy vent pattern

Roy backplate

Roy cage

Lefebvre  style clips

FullSizeRender.jpg

What side head are you working with?  That's a sharp mask.  Would you take cheekbone to cheekbone measurements and temple to temple for me please?   

On 3/26/2021 at 3:50 PM, redrook said:

Just received my Protechsport from Michel yesterday, bit of a long wait as I ordered and paid on 26 April last year but my mold only arrived with him 4th June. Thankfully I've had no hockey going on so it has made no real difference. Overall I am extremely happy with the result. I mean, it's a Michel Doganieri mask after all! 

1.jpg

I went for full kevlar and the Theodore mold, which as his website says is the same as the Lalime, Jiggy, Denis, Thibault, Garon, Luongo, Fichaud, Aebischer and Brochu. I've noticed some confusion about this, but I'd put any variances down to adjusting the mold to the individual head mold.

Rubatex foam and chin sling. I also asked for Lefebrvre style cage clips and foam, which he hasn't done unfortunately. Reading back our emails I possibly wasn't clear enough about that, and I'll get him to send me some clips. The stock rubatex design is simpler anyway, so will be easier to replace.

Unfortunately I had a huge problem with the painter (which Michel was pissed off about too). Basically the guy didn't get in touch despite me repeatedly asking him to in order to discuss my design. Never discussed the design with me, just cracked on and didn't listen. Only got in touch when he was in the middle of the job, and still didn't do specific things I asked for. I rejected the work because it was nothing like what I asked for, and it was really poor quality. It went back to Michel and he put it back to white for me for free. He was very sympathetic about this and angry at the painter. Unfortunately I still need to pay something for the crap work as the painter charged Michel to get the mask back, and of course I don't want him to be out of pocket even though he's told me it's up to me whether I pay for it.

So overall a bit of a mixed experience. Really good communication from Michel, but let down by some details missing and the experience with the painter (which wasn't Michel's fault at all).

For the price and the quality I would definitely order from him again though.

Hey Redrook, 

Nice mask, is it me or does your chin look really short? Do you have a better side view shot, doesn't look like the chin drops much. 

Thanks,

On 8/1/2022 at 9:15 AM, agrare said:

My first protechsport masks, ordered in January and just showed up this weekend.

Fichaud mold, full kevlar, chin cup, interior polish, and hidden harness.

I'm extremely impressed with the build and the fit is perfect.

PXL_20220801_124956441.jpg

PXL_20220801_125013052.jpg

PXL_20220801_125034447.jpg

PXL_20220801_125046223.jpg

Agrare, 

Beautiful masks, I also placed an order and should hopefully be here Dec/Jan. How are you liking the mask overall, any issues or things you don't like? can you show a pic of the polished interior pls.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Hyper180 said:

Beautiful masks, I also placed an order and should hopefully be here Dec/Jan. How are you liking the mask overall, any issues or things you don't like? can you show a pic of the polished interior pls.

Thanks

Here are some pics of a Protechsport Brodeur-mold that passed though my hands about 8 years ago - this mask had the interior finished as well. Ignore the red circle.

IMG_0056_small.thumb.jpg.dd06fd21256b9238ef4f7a444ee3d42c.jpgIMG_2050.thumb.jpg.d8ba3bad4c14b86c2d172b9a7f49e9dc.jpg

Thanks for the interior images Zerogravitas. It looks so much nicer having the inside done as well as it looks like it has been made nicely inside and out. I know it does nothing to the performance of the mask but nice to have a smooth surface to wipe off and even easier to maintain and replace the foam in the future.

On 10/23/2022 at 10:33 PM, Hyper180 said:

Agrare, 

Thanks

@Hyper180 Absolutely, the first is pretty representative of the texture on the interior.  Unless you are really looking for it it looks perfect.  Here's the inside of the white mask for reference.

I'm extremely happy with these after about 3 months.  The paint/clear-coat is holding up great there are no chips at all.  I can't recommend these enough I'm sure you'll be very happy.  Make sure to post some pics when you get yours.

PXL_20221030_013208949.jpg

PXL_20221030_013043223.jpg

On 10/19/2022 at 7:14 PM, WannabeGoalie said:

Those look great!  Would you mind giving me a couple basic measurements?  I'm really thinking I'm going to get a Fichaud as my time is almost here.  Maybe outside of the cheekbones measurement and at the temples.   I'm a small guy and this being a small mold, I think it'll be a good fit.  I didn't send a head mold this time because the fit was so bad last time I ordered one, I just took measurements this time.  

Thank you. 

Hey @WannabeGoalie kind of a hard measurement to get without pulling the cage but it was about 5.08" across the cheekbone pads and my head size is about 22.5", I wore a medium in a 960 and a CCM.  I went with the head mold and it came out great but Michel did mention that sometimes it can be tricky.  What was off with your last one?  Was it too big?

PXL_20221030_013922289.jpg

Edited by agrare

23 hours ago, agrare said:

Hey @WannabeGoalie kind of a hard measurement to get without pulling the cage but it was about 5.08" across the cheekbone pads and my head size is about 22.5", I wore a medium in a 960 and a CCM.  I went with the head mold and it came out great but Michel did mention that sometimes it can be tricky.  What was off with your last one?  Was it too big?  

Thanks for the reply. With the head mold it was big so I just threw in the towel on that this time. I wear a 7 1/8” hat and would say my face is on the smaller/narrower side. The measurement I referred to was my actual face measurement. 😀. I currently have a Luongo that fits better but has some thicker padding. 3/8”throughout I think and a 1/8 or 1/4” shim on the cheeks. 

which padding do you like better? Thanks for the replies. 

F70B7E80-7FA0-4147-8B71-BD2DCEF10E4A.jpeg