Protechsport Mask Thread

No need to be worried with him.  He will do right by you.  That is the most important thing to him at the end of the day.  I will have to do a review of my recent experience with Protechsport one day soon.  Yes, you have to have a lot of patience, as it's a one man band, but you know that going in as he is very up front with timing. And, you're getting a world class, very unique product in return, and he will make sure you're 100% satisfied.

Have patience with the man, this isn't his full time job. He works for a company that does tire work for the heavy truck industry. He goes in there and works 8 to 10 hours a day then comes home from work and does his masks. In talking with him, he never intended to get this busy as it was only a side project for him and he said he will never give up his full time job for it. The money is no where near what he makes in his full time job to give it. 

17 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Have patience with the man, this isn't his full time job. He works for a company that does tire work for the heavy truck industry. He goes in there and works 8 to 10 hours a day then comes home from work and does his masks. In talking with him, he never intended to get this busy as it was only a side project for him and he said he will never give up his full time job for it. The money is no where near what he makes in his full time job to give it. 

Pretty awesome when something that you intended to be just your hobby turns into one of the all time top 5 absolute bests in its industry.  Same could be said for Cubberly.  His full time gig was an ER nurse iirc. 

12 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Pretty awesome when something that you intended to be just your hobby turns into one of the all time top 5 absolute bests in its industry.  Same could be said for Cubberly.  His full time gig was an ER nurse iirc. 

Sorry... I have to... Cubberly was a nurse?!?!

7 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Indeed he was.  My memory is a little sketchy as far as him being either a Trauma Nurse or an ER Nurse.

They are close to same,  I had a conversation with Ed years back when I wanted to get one of his masks. Kicking myself in the butt for not doing it

On 8/28/2017 at 4:53 PM, Snowman30 said:

They are close to same,  I had a conversation with Ed years back when I wanted to get one of his masks. Kicking myself in the butt for not doing it

As am I.  I always wanted a PC and a Cubberly.  Unfortunately I could not afford both of them before he retired.

21 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

If I had to pick between a nurse and a tire maker to do my mask...

im taking the tire guy all day

Not sure what their full time jobs as to do with their mask making abilities.  Frankly, if I were going to pick one based solely on what their day job is(not knowing who is who), I would go with the one in the medical profession lol. 

7 hours ago, Big2 said:

Bunnyman have you been given a date on when you can expect your mask??

Look forward to seing your version!

Not yet- he said he was supposed to trim the shell on Tuesday. Haven't heard anything else. Just going to not worry about it at this point. 

I have a couple of twists planned for the appearance. 

Stay tuned...

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Not yet- he said he was supposed to trim the shell on Tuesday. Haven't heard anything else. Just going to not worry about it at this point. 

I have a couple of twists planned for the appearance. 

Stay tuned...

Matte colors, cream foam, and triangular vent holes! 

10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Matte colors, cream foam, and triangular vent holes! 

I'd love to go with another mask maker (especially custom) but I can't stand traditional mask foam. I've tried Maltese and didn't like that either (aside from the chin sling). So, I'm stuck with Bauer NME. *shrug*

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'd love to go with another mask maker (especially custom) but I can't stand traditional mask foam. I've tried Maltese and didn't like that either (aside from the chin sling). So, I'm stuck with Bauer NME. *shrug*

Actually- Protechsport does not use VN foam like the traditional. McMaster-Carr sells the softer stuff.