TGN's 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge

MTH

1 hour ago, MTH said:

f the sharks.

Killed my pool.

I had them too; they didn't kill me, but the kinda effed up my West brackets

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm shocked anyone would pick San Jose over Vegas. 

So I picked them because I thought THIS was finally their year to at least get to the finals. I also did not pick Vegas because I think Fleury is a lucky-as-fuck, overrated goalie.

...but then I forgot to account for the possibility of "creative editors" helping along the cinder-fella fairy tale script. :eyeroll:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Znowleopard said:

nooo my poor sharks, honestly, i dont know wtf happened, the sharks played ssoooo well 4 on 4 but then 5 on 5 im not sure why it fell apart

? happened... and Vegas as a knack for finishing. It's not like SJ didn't have chances, they just couldn't find a way to bury them.

I need the Pens to get their ? together though... can't be having the Caps be the ones to bust my bracket.

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I had them too; they didn't kill me, but the kinda effed up my West brackets

So I picked them because I thought THIS was finally their year to at least get to the finals. I also did not pick Vegas because I think Fleury is a lucky-as-fuck, overrated goalie.

...but then I forgot to account for the possibility of "creative editors" helping along the cinder-fella fairy tale script. :eyeroll:

You know SJ made the finals two years ago right?

FFS - really? Lol! Well look - I can’t be expected to keep track of all the teams! When I was a kid (and had no kids of my own), I could follow all 21 teams. Now? Nah, man - my short term retention has gone to shit... like, goldfish level. Super handy when you’re a shitty goalie though! “Alright! I don’t remember them scoring on me... maybe I’m working a shutout!”:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

FFS - really? Lol! Well look - I can’t be expected to keep track of all the teams! When I was a kid (and had no kids of my own), I could follow all 21 teams. Now? Nah, man - my short term retention has gone to shit... like, goldfish level. Super handy when you’re a shitty goalie though! “Alright! I don’t remember them scoring on me... maybe I’m working a shutout!”:rofl:

But then wouldn't you forget that you're playing hockey and be really freaked out to be dropped in to a scenario like that?

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

But then wouldn't you forget that you're playing hockey and be really freaked out to be dropped in to a scenario like that?

Well, if I do it properly, I’ll even forget to be freaked out!

#winning

#cantrememberwhattheotherhashtagwas

16 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Really disappointing but it is what it is, I guess. 

I guess that's what's supposed to be fun about predicting the unpredictable...? I'm usually complete shit at pools and drafting - which I argue proves that I know so much about hockey that I am prone to overthinking. Nobody buys it though - LOL!

1 hour ago, Znowleopard said:

Man Hellebuyck is gold, rebound control is on point. Also i seem to forget how big the goalies are, seeing giants rinne and hellebuyck compered to tiny Saros(who really isnt that tiny at 180cm) really made me wonder how small i look in net

Same thing struck me too while watching last night!

Man, did I feel bad for Rinne... I mean, as a pick up game sub, I let goals like those in all the time, but we have a laugh and keep going (in front of zero fans). His body language going off... ugh.

24 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Same thing struck me too while watching last night!

Man, did I feel bad for Rinne... I mean, as a pick up game sub, I let goals like those in all the time, but we have a laugh and keep going (in front of zero fans). His body language going off... ugh.

Its why i go boot on post, because ive been scored on like that before, and i feel bad for him, a huge game, and he just wasn't having a good night

2 hours ago, Znowleopard said:

Man Hellebuyck is gold, rebound control is on point. Also i seem to forget how big the goalies are, seeing giants rinne and hellebuyck compered to tiny Saros(who really isnt that tiny at 180cm) really made me wonder how small i look in net

Amen to that, it's some of the best positional goaltending and play reading I have ever seen. I watched some videos of him training with Adam Francilia over the last summer. It's pretty impressive how Adam, along with 3 other trainers,  has transformed his game so dramatically. James Reimer has shown similar results having trained with Adam as well. It makes me think I need to step up my off-ice game!

On 5/14/2018 at 1:22 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I was hoping Lightning would make this series quick. And it looks like they may... just not the way I was hoping for. 

Looks like it's a best of 3 series now. My bracket may be crumbling...

Of course, in another draft-style playoff pool I'm in, I loaded up on TBL and WAS players - so if they want to go 7, scoring 6 or more combined goals per game, yeah I'm down with that.

ALL YOUR POINTS ARE BELONG TO ME!!!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, MTH said:

So who's left? I had the caps.

EDIT

Lucky won. Him and I have the most potential points left. Only way that happens if the Caps win. We both have them winning. Congrats brother.

Cheers dude! :fistbump:

In my first act as winner, I hereby banish all goalie injuries, starting with my own MCL problem.

(Points at knee): "Be Gone, MCL demons! The power of hockey commands you!"

I feel... no difference.

Remember that time when you sat down to watch Game 1 of the Stanley cup Finals, and thought to yourself:

"y'know what I could really go for right now? An ice capades interpretation of Lord of the Rings... no, Game of Thrones... no, both combined! And it should be performed by the people who failed the Cirque de Soleil auditions, with the people who failed their college marching band auditions playing drums... drums that light up, every time you hit them! that's what I really want to watch right now!"

Me neither. :shakehead:

(HUGE respect for Gladys Knight though. An incredible lady!)

Archived