TGN's 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Challenge

MTH

I'm sad that the Finals games are so spaced out. They need to make sure the cup is awarded before Memorial Day. This June shit is for the birds.

Teams were set Thursday. Day off Friday. Should have played Saturday then again last night. Wednesday and Friday in Wash. 

Poolside discussing the Finals is odd.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see the Crapitals kill off the Knights.

Oh, wait I will as they have 2 nights off. Boo.

Even Keith Jones was calling it out last night after the game that the extra day is lame city.

The real question is did they script it to finish off in Vegas, or in DC? Probably gonna see this go to six or seven, because money. And revenues. And money.

i just want it done; in my other pool, extending the series can mean the difference between $100 and a measly $50. That’s some series coin, yo! Lol!

I mean NBC barely covers it. They'd rather run the news and SNL rerun Saturday night than cover the NHL. I hate that they push the Finals later games to regular NBC rather than the NBC Sports channel they're usually on. Nobody new is watching the game, sorry.

The Flyers here get a huge banner ad that runs on the bottom of the screen (lower 1/4th - HUGE!) to sell Flyers tickets. It runs at the start of every period. Worst part is that when it comes on, the HD feed changes to regular/no definition for the 2 minutes it runs for.

So bush league. It's embarrassing.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I mean NBC barely covers it. They'd rather run the news and SNL rerun Saturday night than cover the NHL. I hate that they push the Finals later games to regular NBC rather than the NBC Sports channel they're usually on. Nobody new is watching the game, sorry.

The Flyers here get a huge banner ad that runs on the bottom of the screen (lower 1/4th - HUGE!) to sell Flyers tickets. It runs at the start of every period. Worst part is that when it comes on, the HD feed changes to regular/no definition for the 2 minutes it runs for.

So bush league. It's embarrassing.

That sucks, dude - especially since you're in (what I assume) is a pretty big US hockey market. I'm pretty lucky, as I have the luxury of knowing that I can pretty much watch any NHL game I want.

On the other hand, you have cheesesteaks. :drool::drool:

My boys went to school wearing their Caps jerseys. They managed to stay up to watch. Swearing they are going to parade. My older son had his buddy sleep over (on a school night) so they could all watch the Caps win.

Cool moment. Although my youngest son was getting sidetracked by Fortnight... dang kids and their video games.

15 minutes ago, MTH said:

My boys went to school wearing their Caps jerseys. They managed to stay up to watch. Swearing they are going to parade. My older son had his buddy sleep over (on a school night) so they could all watch the Caps win.

Cool moment. Although my youngest son was getting sidetracked by Fortnight... dang kids and their video games.

I'm glad you let them stay up and cherish it.  I bet it was a nice moment. 

Archived