Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well there you go. Now I have a better baseline for getting custom options.

Granted, I don't think I ever would. Just as long as I can get the "classic" look, I'm happy.

Yeah its definitely a steep price. Brian's has different baseline pricing (I believe there are 3 or 4 tiers) and I was quoted under the "moderate" graphic up-charge. Granted, I asked for them to be SLIGHTLY different than the Heritage. I asked for the star shape to be removed from the gloves, so that could be the reason. I doubt it, however. Pic below 

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@Aquilzz - what store is that from? 

The Goalie Crease

I actually tried on a pair of Optiks and cancelled my Vaughn VE8 order. They felt so good. Luckily the order wasn't sent into Vaughn yet. 

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Yeah its definitely a steep price. Brian's has different baseline pricing (I believe there are 3 or 4 tiers) and I was quoted under the "moderate" graphic up-charge. Granted, I asked for them to be SLIGHTLY different than the Heritage. I asked for the star shape to be removed from the gloves, so that could be the reason. I doubt it, however. Pic below 

The Goalie Crease

I actually tried on a pair of Optiks and cancelled my Vaughn VE8 order. They felt so good. Luckily the order wasn't sent into Vaughn yet. 

unnamed.jpg

Interesting. Thought a retro graphic would be less money 

...anyway back to Vaughn gear.

I do remember they always offered Iceberg, Pulse, Vertical Stitch and that weird Diamond Stitch even in the first year life cycle of Velocity. I think they're really trying to push forward with the newer graphics and leave older ones in the past.

10 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I do remember they always offered Iceberg, Pulse, Vertical Stitch and that weird Diamond Stitch even in the first year life cycle of Velocity. I think they're really trying to push forward with the newer graphics and leave older ones in the past.

Yeah I was definitely able to order a vertical stitch V5 when they first came out. I guess from a marketing standpoint it sorta makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Long term or just in store?

Just in store.  Nice skate, fairly stiff boot but didnt have them on too long as they fit abit wider and knew right away they wouldnt work with my narrow foot.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

How’d you land those?

Backpack I bought 2 years ago from The Hockey Shop in Surrey, BC.
Golf bag I bought off a local Used website... looks like it has seen maybe 2 rounds of golf.  Really nice bag, and happily matches my backpack.
I had seen one of the golf bags about 5 years ago and have been looking for one ever since.

4 hours ago, Naz said:

Backpack I bought 2 years ago from The Hockey Shop in Surrey, BC.
Golf bag I bought off a local Used website... looks like it has seen maybe 2 rounds of golf.  Really nice bag, and happily matches my backpack.
I had seen one of the golf bags about 5 years ago and have been looking for one ever since.

Nice! I’ll probably post on IG. DM me your name if you’d like a tag 

On 3/16/2018 at 12:32 AM, ULTIMA said:

I was told by an NCAA goalie Vaughn made him get a PVE graphic on his pads and wasn’t allowed the retro vertical stitch 

Does anyone use the Vaughn VM Pro Mask?  It's the one that came out a year or two ago and was on PC's website.  It's like they popped up then disappeared.  Did something happen with them?  I see Goalies Plus still sells them, but otherwise I can't find any info about them.  I know they are essentially the overseas, off the shelf version of PC's Vision Custom.  

3 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

Does anyone use the Vaughn VM Pro Mask?  It's the one that came out a year or two ago and was on PC's website.  It's like they popped up then disappeared.  Did something happen with them?  I see Goalies Plus still sells them, but otherwise I can't find any info about them.  I know they are essentially the overseas, off the shelf version of PC's Vision Custom.  

I just made a post about this yesterday for the website and Instagram

I believe this is still available and that it’s around US$800

It is and offshore version of his 960 clone

16 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I just made a post about this yesterday for the website and Instagram

I believe this is still available and that it’s around US$800

It is and offshore version of his 960 clone

I've seen them out there, but can't find anyone who actually uses one to attest to the reliability/durability.  I have been told by 2 different sellers, 1 in the states and another in Canada that these masks were originally made as a price point option for D3 college teams as an off the shelf option that resembled the PC custom masks.  Much like we see with CCM and Bauer.  Anyway, my curiosity and gear sluttyness got the best of me and I managed to negotiate a killer price on one, which I promised not to disclose, but lets just say it was much more reasonable.  I should have it in my hands some time next week.