Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

49 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Awesome, thanks! One of my friends recommended Bay Area Hockey Repair too. 

I do NOT recommend BAHR. I’ve heard some weird dealings there. They also released some pics of prototype gear they made and it did not cast them in a positive light 

I would email Sara, maybe that outside gear was a disclaimer to protect herself? 

Rebound Althetic Repair is an old total hockey guy in STL

There’s also Great Saves in chicago. Used him a bunch 

3 hours ago, Moose75 said:

Awesome, thanks! One of my friends recommended Bay Area Hockey Repair too. 

Do you compete for ice time with this friend?

I wouldn't recommend Bay Area to my worst enemy.

I don't even think Essan does much of the patch/repair work anymore. 

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I do NOT recommend BAHR. I’ve heard some weird dealings there. They also released some pics of prototype gear they made and it did not cast them in a positive light 

I would email Sara, maybe that outside gear was a disclaimer to protect herself? 

Rebound Althetic Repair is an old total hockey guy in STL

There’s also Great Saves in chicago. Used him a bunch 

I've had Sara fix a blocker and glove before, so I'll definitely see if that's an option

2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Do you compete for ice time with this friend?

I wouldn't recommend Bay Area to my worst enemy.

I don't even think Essan does much of the patch/repair work anymore. 

Nah, but I guess he must have had a good experience, oddly enough. Good to know though.

Thanks guys!

I actually wanna do the same thing.  My knee lock elastic on my V6 has become pretty flaccid and the extra padding I spec'd in the knee locks have been flattened out and no longer offer much comfort.  I've been wanting to do have the padding replaced for a little while now, I should have done it when  had almost a month off between seasons.  The elastic I could probably just order from them and replace it on my own but I cannot figure out how to change it without opening up the entire flap.  However, if its this long to get gear I can only imagine how long it would take to repair used gear.  Though I have had good experiences in the past sending gear back to Vaughn for updates.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:22 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I actually wanna do the same thing.  My knee lock elastic on my V6 has become pretty flaccid and the extra padding I spec'd in the knee locks have been flattened out and no longer offer much comfort.  I've been wanting to do have the padding replaced for a little while now, I should have done it when  had almost a month off between seasons.  The elastic I could probably just order from them and replace it on my own but I cannot figure out how to change it without opening up the entire flap.  However, if its this long to get gear I can only imagine how long it would take to repair used gear.  Though I have had good experiences in the past sending gear back to Vaughn for updates.

Do you mean back to Vaughn or to a repair shop?

So a bit of an update: PAW is going to construct me some custom knee blocks (doing the bump-style, like on a Reebok/CCM style pad), but is currently not doing installations. Is there a place that would be able to put them on my pads once they are complete?

On 6/8/2018 at 8:22 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Can you post pics? My knee blocks had a way to get in there. All you need is tougher lace and a lighter to sew it back up if it has a tab.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Do you mean back to Vaughn or to a repair shop?

Back to Vaughn.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, Moose75 said:

Can you post pics? My knee blocks had a way to get in there. All you need is tougher lace and a lighter to sew it back up if it has a tab.

Sure I'll try to remember to take some when I get home from work tonight.

Hi everybody! 

I will be switching from ccm premiers to Vaughn SLR Carbon pads for the next season and I have a question. I have been a rbk/reebok/ccm guy for 12 years and will not be able to try on the new vaughn gear in person so I need help with sizing. I am currently in the premiers which are 33+2(which fit perfect). Should I go up a size in the SLR-s, considering that I've seen premiers run big? Even the previouse model (reebok xlt-s) were an inch smaller than the premiers. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, villemk said:

Hi everybody! 

I will be switching from ccm premiers to Vaughn SLR Carbon pads for the next season and I have a question. I have been a rbk/reebok/ccm guy for 12 years and will not be able to try on the new vaughn gear in person so I need help with sizing. I am currently in the premiers which are 33+2(which fit perfect). Should I go up a size in the SLR-s, considering that I've seen premiers run big? Even the previouse model (reebok xlt-s) were an inch smaller than the premiers. 

Thanks!

The Premier line and Vaughn always ran about an inch larger than other brands/models, so you should be fine in 33's.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, Chenner29 said:

Double post to answer your second question,

Mike Vaughn has either ownership interest (or possibly flat out owns) a plastics plant and a Jenpro/clarino production facility
So, YES! He is probably raising a grass-fed, Wagyu quality synthetic cow with carbon fiber reinforced bone structure, Bio-Flex internals and +3 sizing on the flank.

I had heard that Vaughn is such a major player in the materials market that other major gear manufacturers actually have to purchase from him if they want to source in N.America.  Don't how true that is, but did come from a trusted source.

Tuesday the 19th my glove and blocker came in! Sadly, I had to go out of town for a tourny so couldn't post till now. So here we go! (FYI, these pics are before I've done any game time OR breaking them in with.)

We'll start with the blocker. It feels really good and super solid. Like I can stop a car with it solid. The ends of the fingers have mesh (also a close up) so the hand is going to breathe really well. Two big changes that are new to me that are going to take some getting use to. 1. The palm of the glove (there's a close up of it) has a grippy texture to it. Wondering how that's going to affect the sliding of the hand on the stick. 2. The gap in the thumb protection to the actual blocker part is smaller than my V7's. On the plus side, there is NO chance of launching the stick like a spear (the knob will not go through that gap) and again, there's a close up.

Now the glove.  Like the blocker, this thing feels solid. Just by the feel of it, it's going to have to be a really hard shot to give a stinger, so that's going to be welcome. Took a close up of the inside padding so you can see how thick it is (and it gets thicker in the palm area).  That padding also has a texture to it so shouldn't be any glove sliding. There are 3 internal straps to mess around with to get the hold just right. The back-hand protection flap has a strap but that in no way, obviously, affects the tightness of the glove to the hand/wrist.

That's all for now. When I get the glove broke in and get some on ice play time with the full setup, will update again with more thoughts.

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01252.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

DSC01258.JPG

DSC01259.JPG

DSC01260.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01262.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

DSC01265.JPG

2 minutes ago, loki1416 said:

Tuesday the 19th my glove and blocker came in! Sadly, I had to go out of town for a tourny so couldn't post till now. So here we go! (FYI, these pics are before I've done any game time OR breaking them in with.)

We'll start with the blocker. It feels really good and super solid. Like I can stop a car with it solid. The ends of the fingers have mesh (also a close up) so the hand is going to breathe really well. Two big changes that are new to me that are going to take some getting use to. 1. The palm of the glove (there's a close up of it) has a grippy texture to it. Wondering how that's going to affect the sliding of the hand on the stick. 2. The gap in the thumb protection to the actual blocker part is smaller than my V7's. On the plus side, there is NO chance of launching the stick like a spear (the knob will not go through that gap) and again, there's a close up.

Now the glove.  Like the blocker, this thing feels solid. Just by the feel of it, it's going to have to be a really hard shot to give a stinger, so that's going to be welcome. Took a close up of the inside padding so you can see how thick it is (and it gets thicker in the palm area).  That padding also has a texture to it so shouldn't be any glove sliding. There are 3 internal straps to mess around with to get the hold just right. The back-hand protection flap has a strap but that in no way, obviously, affects the tightness of the glove to the hand/wrist.

That's all for now. When I get the glove broke in and get some on ice play time with the full setup, will update again with more thoughts.

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01252.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

DSC01258.JPG

DSC01259.JPG

DSC01260.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01262.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

DSC01265.JPG

Oh man i cant wait to get mine!  I went a similar set up.... all black but with white stitching... black logos....   how long did it take to get these from when you ordered them?

Just now, loki1416 said:

@Doobiesnax Legs took around 2 1/2 months. Glove/blocker order (in the same email) got "lost" and didn't get made. After making a few phone calls, it took under 3 weeks for them to get made and in my hands.

fack... ya i ordered mine a few weeks ago (just gloves)... estimated delivery september 20th .... so like 3.5 months.....  Ordered G4 pro pillows... should be here by the end of July...  This wait is going to be the death of me...

4 hours ago, loki1416 said:

DSC01250.JPG

DSC01251.JPG

DSC01252.JPG

DSC01253.JPG

DSC01254.JPG

DSC01255.JPG

DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

DSC01258.JPG

DSC01259.JPG

DSC01260.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01262.JPG

DSC01263.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

DSC01265.JPG

Absolutely sick. I love the white in the glove, would look even better if there was a dash of white in the blocker. Still looks awesome though. #SolidBlackPadsCrew?

Edited by southpawtendy48

I just want to add one more quick thing to my first impressions, even though the glove looks pretty used, its still kinda stiff, but a little more use should do the trick! thanks for reading my essay on my new gloves everyone.

@TheGoalNet notice anything?

Edited by Max27