Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Good looking stuff for sure!  

I couldn't bring myself to buy something I couldn't try on though.   I know the VE8 Pro Carbon isn't an exact replacement for the T3500 I was looking for, but Source for Sports had a big sale last week, and with the exchange rate I was able to pick it up for under $400 shipped so I took a chance.   Boy am I glad I did!  For me this thing is a perfect fit.  I was able to get it almost as broken in as my 2 year old Brian's Gnetik II by baking it and working with it for a couple days, and wore it in a game last night.  I had zero popouts (a regular occurance with both Brian's gloves I had worn previously) and pucks just seemed to naturally find the pocket.  As an added bonus, my passing wasn't negatively affected the way it has been in the past when I switched gloves.  I can't recommend this thing highly enough for those who want an old-school Vaughn feel!

I can’t wait to get my mitts....  this is week 9 of 14....

Based on price, ridiculous wait times and Mike Vaughn's recent goofy comments I read in that online article,  I have been more then reluctant to proceed with my order......but the Ventus pad just speaks to me. So I put the order in. Shame I couldn't get the Velocity 8 Pro Carbon XP glove with a custom graphic so went with an Epic 8880. So I hope to have my stuff in before the next Olympics and have a good review.

VentusSLR_Custom.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/7/2018 at 12:42 AM, ULTIMA said:

Based on price, ridiculous wait times and Mike Vaughn's recent goofy comments I read in that online article,  I have been more then reluctant to proceed with my order......but the Ventus pad just speaks to me. So I put the order in. Shame I couldn't get the Velocity 8 Pro Carbon XP glove with a custom graphic so went with an Epic 8880. So I hope to have my stuff in before the next Olympics and have a good review.

VentusSLR_Custom.jpg

These look great.
I like how you took elements of the Habs logo without putting the entire logo on one piece outright.  Very subtle!

2 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

These look great.
I like how you took elements of the Habs logo without putting the entire logo on one piece outright.  Very subtle!

Thank you.

I'm no professional so no way I could do a full logo on there. To be honest I'm not sure I would do a full logo, I saw a Battram pad done up some years ago with full Canadiens' logos and it looks tacky.

On 8/7/2018 at 12:42 AM, ULTIMA said:

VentusSLR_Custom.jpg

That looks so sick, the colorways are fantastic. It’s not often you see Vaughn gear with custom graphics, can’t wait to see it when it comes in

28 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

I don't think Price would give up his endorsement money to go back to Vaughn. But hey, you never know once his gear contract is up (if it gets to that point). 

i doubt it. he said in an interview that he feels ccm eflex line is the best brand for the style of play and that he only would play with the best thing available towards how he plays. unless vaughn does some super big step i think its safe to say hes staying in ccm

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max27 said:

i doubt it. he said in an interview that he feels ccm eflex line is the best brand for the style of play and that he only would play with the best thing available towards how he plays. unless vaughn does some super big step i think its safe to say hes staying in ccm

Translation: “CCM be’s making the dollahs flow into my wallet!!!! I afford a few new honeyz! WOOOOOOOO!!!”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

Translation: “CCM be’s making the dollahs flow into my wallet!!!! I afford a few new honeyz! WOOOOOOOO!!!”

yeah exactly lol

in all seriousness though, i doubt he would only use CCM bc they pay him. If he was with Vaughn, Bauer, etc theyd pay him stupid money too lmao

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max27 said:

yeah exactly lol

in all seriousness though, i doubt he would only use CCM bc they pay him. If he was with Vaughn, Bauer, etc theyd pay him stupid money too lmao

I don’t think Vaughn actually pays athletes to wear their gear.

He could actually wear CCM without much financial incentive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max27 said:

I agree, and of course it's not all about the money. Goalies need gear that works for them, whether they are being paid or not. But if he ever did switch, hypothetically, whichever company making his gear would go above and beyond making the exact gear he wanted to 'play' like an EFlex pad (or whatever he wanted at that given time) in a sense and I believe he could be happy in any brand he wore given the right pad build, and he's an NHL goalie who could ask for whatever he wants.  

I highly doubt Price would ever switch either, but who knows. Not as high profile of a goalie, but I remember Jose Theodore breaking his endorsement deal to switch brands. Unlikely, but it can happen.

Edited by creasecollector

17 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

Why two sets of gloves? Cuz they wear faster than leg pads and CAs?

For a university team, could be a game set and a practice set (don't usually see a practice blocker), or one set for 1st and 3rd period, one for 2nd period. 

Or maybe the dude just abuses his gloves haha

8 hours ago, creasecollector said:

I agree, and of course it's not all about the money. Goalies need gear that works for them, whether they are being paid or not. But if he ever did switch, hypothetically, whichever company making his gear would go above and beyond making the exact gear he wanted to 'play' like an EFlex pad (or whatever he wanted at that given time) in a sense and I believe he could be happy in any brand he wore given the right pad build, and he's an NHL goalie who could ask for whatever he wants.  

I highly doubt Price would ever switch either, but who knows. Not as high profile of a goalie, but I remember Jose Theodore breaking his endorsement deal to switch brands. Unlikely, but it can happen.

One example: Tim Thomas was rumoured to be given $60k for gear each season, so technically it was on his dime. They may not pay full freight (retail), but in many cases, pros and teams buy their own gear.

8 hours ago, Towelette said:

What pads/gloves are those? Looks like a new iceberg graphic so I hope those aren't V8s as I was told they wouldn't have icebergs until spring 2019.

Looks like SLRs to me.

It is fairly normal that pro, jr., and college players get access to stuff we don't. So that alone wouldn't rule out the possibility these are VE8s.

1 hour ago, AG37 said:

@seagoal, SLRs do not have knee rolls. I would guess those are Pro V Elites with Iceberg graphic. The graphic looks a bit odd bc the maroon is actually two zones both filled in with maroon, making the top 'spikes' look larger.

Ah, yes. Good catch.  That brown with the sport gold looks incredible. 

I like the word VAUGHN in brown,  too. It is nice to see them offering cut/stitched on letters.  I confirmed with Vaughn for my recent custom order there is a hefty upcharge for non-transfer letters due to time and difficulty.

I passed and stayed with a black transfer.

Edited by seagoal

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Ah, yes. Good catch.  That brown with the sport gold looks incredible. 

I like the word VAUGHN in brown,  too. It is nice to see them offering cut/stitched on letters.  I confirmed with Vaughn for my recent custom order there is a hefty upcharge for non-transfer letters due to time and difficulty.

I passed and stayed with a black transfer.

How much was the upcharge?

I didn't even bother to ask.  I had already paid upcharges for embroidery and ordering an older generation glove.   I couldn't bring myself to send any more money, regardless of how awesome it would look to have the letters in my color scheme.