Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

On 8/18/2018 at 9:37 PM, creasecollector said:

I agree, and of course it's not all about the money. Goalies need gear that works for them, whether they are being paid or not. But if he ever did switch, hypothetically, whichever company making his gear would go above and beyond making the exact gear he wanted to 'play' like an EFlex pad (or whatever he wanted at that given time) in a sense and I believe he could be happy in any brand he wore given the right pad build, and he's an NHL goalie who could ask for whatever he wants.   

His old Vaughn pads were heavily modified from the inside out. They were essentially wanna be Eflex's before the EFlex line existed.

• Like 1

Ah, Kipper spec. Never had another glove quite like it. Depending on how you positioned your hand when tracking a shot it could be black hole for pucks, or it could be a second blocker. If I ordered this again today, I'd probably mod the back hand cuff to be a bit wider and more flexible. Maybe a double tee too.

I feel like the XR V7 glove is like a fusion of parts of this glove and a CCM 600 break. 

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3768.png

IMG_3769.png

Edited by Moose75
  • Like 1

Basically cancelled my Vaughn order. They are so slow and so disorganized. This simplest things and requests get left unnoticed and forgotten. Yes, it is a busy time of year but I cannot and will not chase a manufacturer to want to give them my money. Unlikely I'll spend any money with them any time soon, it's clear they don't want it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of gloves, my new mitts showed up today as a complete surprise, about a month early. Pads shouldn't be far behind. 

VE8 Pro Carbon blocker and a V6 2200 glove

They are perfectly in line with how I ordered them and I am super pleased.

20180919_150207.jpg

20180919_150303.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Speaking of gloves, my new mitts showed up today as a complete surprise, about a month early. Pads shouldn't be far behind. 

VE8 Pro Carbon blocker and a V6 2200 glove

They are perfectly in line with how I ordered them and I am super pleased.

20180919_150207.jpg

20180919_150303.jpg

honestly, if you have the right kind of colorways for the ve8 graphic it looks great, this is a perfect example of that. hats off to you for that

Man, I know the saying that "a blocker is just a blocker" but there is nothing better than the way a brand new blocker feels with how snug and cushy it is.

This VE8 blocker is like putting your hand in a snug cloud and it is so lightweight compared to my V6 blocker.

So impressive.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, seagoal said:

Man, I know the saying that "a blocker is just a blocker" but there is nothing better than the way a brand new blocker feels with how snug and cushy it is.

This VE8 blocker is like putting your hand in a snug cloud and it is so lightweight compared to my V6 blocker.

So impressive.

When did you order your mitts?  I’m on week 15 now .....

On 9/20/2018 at 1:33 PM, seagoal said:

Sorry to hear that.  

I see you hit them up on Instagram a lot.  Have you called Dennis to ask what's up?

I’d love to talk to someone at Vaughn.  The guy from the shop that ordered them has tried contacting their csr a few times now with no response. This will be 4 months this week for just gloves.... that are all black.  A little chaffed tbh. 

35 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

I’d love to talk to someone at Vaughn.  The guy from the shop that ordered them has tried contacting their csr a few times now with no response. This will be 4 months this week for just gloves.... that are all black.  A little chaffed tbh. 

I’d be having fucking KITTENS and would be bugging the shit out of EVERY single person at Vaughn so-called Custom Sports and calling out Mike Vaughn on social media. From what I know of that man, calling him a cunt would be a compliment!