Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

14 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I’d be having fucking KITTENS and would be bugging the shit out of EVERY single person at Vaughn so-called Custom Sports and calling out Mike Vaughn on social media. From what I know of that man, calling him a cunt would be a compliment!

Maybe not a cunt, but just very delusional.

they aren’t all bad, Dennis Doll has been extremely helpful.

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Just call them directly.   You can get their number online or on their site.

Ask for Dennis, he is the custom sales rep.

I wouldn't trash Mike online.  That accomplishes nothing and production times have nothing to do with him.

You have to do something, and Mike is at the helm.

After all- he claims careers were LOST when people switch from his equipment. 

But this is ridiculous. I know that if this were me, I would be demanding action NOW. 

Four months for gloves?!? Over the top ridiculous!!!!

9 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Maybe not a cunt, but just very delusional.

they aren’t all bad, Dennis Doll has been extremely helpful.

Dennis Doll dropped the ball on finding me a local dealer for Graf. He may be a great guy, but there are SERIOUS problems at Vaughn So-Called Custom sports.

I am angry for the poster who has had a four month wait for something SIMPLE like a pair of gloves!!!!

He was told 4 months originally when he ordered them.  He continued.   His consent was given. 

There's nothing ridiculous about that. Vaughn is either first or second in how many goalies they outfit from juniors on up (CCM).  It is perfectly reasonable to have to wait several months.

There is a reason you can get Brian's or Warriors so fast and that's the inverse of above.  

You're point is well made: you hate Vaughn and the people who work there.  We got it :)

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

He was told 4 months originally when he ordered them.  He continued.   His consent was given. 

There's nothing ridiculous about that. Vaughn is either first or second in how many goalies they outfit from juniors on up (CCM).  It is perfectly reasonable to have to wait several months.

There is a reason you can get Brian's or Warriors so fast and that's the inverse of above.  

You're point is well made: you hate Vaughn and the people who work there.  We got it :)

Okay- maybe my blinding anger over how my pressure cooker single-handedly ruined my dinner coloured my perception of things, as well. I guess I did not read everything. Maybe when in blinding anger, I should not pick up my phone ?

Today, for a few reasons has NOT been a good day for me.

For the record- I am certain many people at Vaughn are good people. 

52 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Dennis Doll dropped the ball on finding me a local dealer for Graf. He may be a great guy, but there are SERIOUS problems at Vaughn So-Called Custom sports.

I am angry for the poster who has had a four month wait for something SIMPLE like a pair of gloves!!!!

Well he’s not perfect obviously, he’s gonna drop the ball sometimes. I’d rather wait 4 months for a good quality setup than having to buy 3-4 setups a year *cough* bauer *cough*

yes, if what Mike said was all true, it’s complete bullshit, but it doesn’t make their products any worse than others, maybe not as innovative but with them stitching their graphics and lacing their gloves, it’s gonna take a lot longer than the rest. Again, I’d rather wait for them to take their time making sure the details are there (if the demand isn’t too high) than have digitally printed ones. The shipping would probably be due to how many pros are ordering stuff in the off-season, I shouldn’t have to explain that but here we are.

19 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Well he’s not perfect obviously, he’s gonna drop the ball sometimes. I’d rather wait 4 months for a good quality setup than having to buy 3-4 setups a year *cough* bauer *cough*

yes, if what Mike said was all true, it’s complete bullshit, but it doesn’t make their products any worse than others, maybe not as innovative but with them stitching their graphics and lacing their gloves, it’s gonna take a lot longer than the rest. Again, I’d rather wait for them to take their time making sure the details are there (if the demand isn’t too high) than have digitally printed ones. The shipping would probably be due to how many pros are ordering stuff in the off-season, I shouldn’t have to explain that but here we are.

Again- I was experiencing BLINDING anger whilst reading that. Knowing how people get pushed around, I advocate for the customer. I did not need to pick up my phone whilst angry.   

This escalated quickly lol.  If my shop guy doesn’t hear back tomorrow, I’ll contact Vaughn and ask to speak with Dennis.  When given the quote i figured they were just padding their delivery time in case something came up. Not that it would take longer.  They are literally all black with white stitching. No custom name or anything.  Basically the most simple design wise version of the gloves you can get.  Not the end of the world but annoying at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

This escalated quickly lol.  If my shop guy doesn’t hear back tomorrow, I’ll contact Vaughn and ask to speak with Dennis.  When given the quote i figured they were just padding their delivery time in case something came up. Not that it would take longer.  They are literally all black with white stitching. No custom name or anything.  Basically the most simple design wise version of the gloves you can get.  Not the end of the world but annoying at this point. 

I don't think colors determine wait times ;)

But, I ordered mine after you and received mine before you, it seems. So something is up with yours.

You have every reason to be irritated and get an explanation. 

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

...and you have every right to overrule your retailer and go straight to Vaughn.

It is highly likely the glitch you are experiencing is with the retailer, not Vaughn. 

Retailer has been great.  He actually tried to sway me away from getting Vaughn gloves as they’ve had many issues dealing with Vaughn in the past I guess. Like I mentioned, he contacted them last week and again today with no response.  I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.  Fingers crossed. 

28 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

4.25 months for gloves. 

Wow.

Back in Nov/Dec last year, I was quoted 16 weeks for STOCK SLR PANTS, because I couldn't find the right size in the model I wanted.  I had just stitched my 1S pants back together and was fine with living with them until they fell apart so went ahead with it.  Luckily they found a pair behind a water cooler in the warehouse or something and they came in 2 weeks later.

Has me a little gun-shy on trying to get another pair with a bit of beef added to them though.

16 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

Back in Nov/Dec last year, I was quoted 16 weeks for STOCK SLR PANTS, because I couldn't find the right size in the model I wanted.  I had just stitched my 1S pants back together and was fine with living with them until they fell apart so went ahead with it.  Luckily they found a pair behind a water cooler in the warehouse or something and they came in 2 weeks later.

Has me a little gun-shy on trying to get another pair with a bit of beef added to them though.

I know that this is a TERRIBLE time to order (July through November), but gee whiz- this guy ordered the most basic of basic. 4.25 months (current quote whilst still waiting) is CRAZY!!!! @Doobiesnax are you certain you did not spec Ostrich skin or get some obscure 5500/6000 hybrid with a zillion mods?!? j/k

I guess when ordering my Protectsport, I knew I was in for a six month wait. But I took the opportunity to get a gently used example when I saw it because even for a spare, six months is a LOOOOOOOONG time! I admit- I don’t wait well!

Just curious?

Why do you think his order was "basic" and why should that make things move quicker?

If they're backed up due to volume, business is booming and your place in line is set.

I'm not sure a piece of gear' s degree of basic-ness changes things. Really, there can't be that much not-basic stuff.

Most custom stuff is simply color changes and maybe some straps or the upcharge for colored VAUGHN logos.

I doubt they ever bump stuff based on how basic it is.  In the grand scheme of things, there's not much difference structurally to the gear in line for custom manufacturing.

34 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Just curious?

Why do you think his order was "basic" and why should that make things move quicker?

If they're backed up due to volume, business is booming and your place in line is set.

I'm not sure a piece of gear' s degree of basic-ness changes things. Really, there can't be that much not-basic stuff.

Most custom stuff is simply color changes and maybe some straps or the upcharge for colored VAUGHN logos.

I doubt they ever bump stuff based on how basic it is.  In the grand scheme of things, there's not much difference structurally to the gear in line for custom manufacturing.

I understand that; I was under maybe the false perception that it was a very basic order. No name on the glove means the material is not spending time on the embroiderer’s bench. If there was not, say a goalie pad leg strap on the glove to cinch it down,  the design is not altered, meaning that it doesn’t have to go on that stop. And I will concede that between pro orders and store stock orders, this is most possibly the SINGLE HANDEDLY WORST time to order ANYTHING for a winter sport!

What I am saying about simple orders is that since it is not going on the embroiderer’s bench and no design alterations that there are two or more extra steps this set will not go through. Granted- if he were looking for a special colour or horsehide internals for the catch, that could EASILY add to the wait time. 

In the end, I only get frustrated for my forum brothers and sisters when they are getting frustrated waiting on what may be a simple order. It is my way of commiserating with them. It keeps me from thinking too hard about my own medical problems that are not resolving themselves quickly enough for my liking! After all- I have nice equipment and two new blockers that are literally sitting and waiting for me to be able to play hockey again, and that may be LATE next year! Better to focus on someone else’s problems, I say! ?

But yes- this is the single-handed WORST time to order equipment for a winter sport!

Edited by bunnyman666

Fair enough.  

Your point about number of steps is well taken. I wonder if number of steps plays into an order's place in line?

How awesome would it be to get a well made documentary of a behind the scenes look into the custom order/manufacturing process?

I'd just hope Vaughn wouldn't ruin their part with interviews of Mike.

Eesh.

Edited by seagoal

29 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Fair enough.  

Your point about number of steps is well taken. I wonder if number of steps plays into an order's place in line?

How awesome would it be to get a well made documentary of a behind the scenes look into the custom order/manufacturing process?

I'd just hope Vaughn wouldn't ruin their part with interviews of Mike.

Eesh.

That interview with Mike Vaughn confirmed everything I had heard about  him from several places, so of course my perception of Mike Vaughn and his company ended up a LOT worse. I used to use a LOT of Vaughn products! 

I used to build custom bicycle frames and parts. “weave” finish on a LOT of items actually would add weeks to wait times. I remember offering a very expensive flop paint job at my expense to avoid having that headache! If there was ANY thing that would make me close to going over my quoted lead time, it was the weave finish! 

I know that with some steps taken away, it would not necessarily bump someone in the queue, but theoretically, it should take nominally less time. Most likely, a few pros requested rush service bumping schlubs like us in the case of our forum brother @Doobiesnax

Edited by bunnyman666