Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

I'd love to see a graph of inbound custom orders over the year, split into categories for pro, juniors, college, and grunts like us.

Then, knowing volume of orders for each company,  we could more accurately judge their efficiency.

Of course, we would have to have data on staff numbers and output capabilities.

Short of having that, on a cursory level, business is booming at Vaughn and I imagine CCM and Bauer,  too.

Over the summer , my retailer told me Bauer completely stopped taking custom orders for a while.

Inversely,  everyone says how great it is to be able to get Warrior or Brian's so quick.  But, a quick peak at the NHL or CHL......

The story tells itself. 

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I'd love to see a graph of inbound custom orders over the year, split into categories for pro, juniors, college, and grunts like us.

Then, knowing volume of orders for each company,  we could more accurately judge their efficiency.

Of course, we would have to have data on staff numbers and output capabilities.

Short of having that, on a cursory level, business is booming at Vaughn and I imagine CCM and Bauer,  too.

Over the summer , my retailer told me Bauer completely stopped taking custom orders for a while.

Inversely,  everyone says how great it is to be able to get Warrior or Brian's so quick.  But, a quick peak at the NHL or CHL......

The story tells itself. 

Though it seems that Vaughn’s stranglehold is loosening in the NHL. 

Bauer really saw growth over the last couple of years, despite the durability being suspect for awhile. But they brought out game changing tech! 

Unfortunately- unless we were being given a prospectus to invest in each of these companies, we will never be privy to that info; after all- if all of that were broken down and numbers were made public, at least one company could possibly look not so good. 

I will say this: most likely, a company makes LOTS more money catering to the schlub like us over the pros. I am certain that the pros pay a LOT less for gear if not given away as endorsement (not to mention endorsement money). There is pride and exposure in being on full display in the NHL, for certain!

Warrior is doing just fine without the NHL, it appears.

Edited by bunnyman666

2 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Though it seems that Vaughn’s stranglehold is loosening in the NHL.

Warrior is doing just fine without the NHL, it appears.

Still, based on visible pieces of gear, Vaughn is far, far ahead. If their lead was huge to begin with, losing a few here and there is nothing.

I grant you Warrior is more innovative and sexier looking and game chsnging,  but based on visible pieces of gear in visible leagues, that just doesn't add up.

Based on what are they doing just fine? 

14 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Still, based on visible pieces of gear, Vaughn is far, far ahead. If their lead was huge to begin with, losing a few here and there is nothing.

I grant you Warrior is more innovative and sexier looking and game chsnging,  but based on visible pieces of gear in visible leagues, that just doesn't add up.

Based on what are they doing just fine? 

They own the goal stick market in the NHL, for one. If not ourright own, they are close to it. 

They do appear on pros in other pro leagues. And the Warrior goalie gear seems to sell very well to schlubs like us. I have not seen a fire sale of Warrior gear since the Messiah stuff. They will eventually pony up the $$$ for gear in the NHL in the next few years. If they are in trouble, I have not heard of it, unlike Bauer.

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, yes. Sticks.

Fair point.  And good catch.

I currently own two CR1s, ha.

Almost all all-Vaughn goalies in the NHL use Warrior sticks,  it seems.

I may have hallucinated this, so I will not be offended if I am found to be dead wrong on this; the Finnish factory (formerly Montreal) makes both Warrior AND Vaughn pro sticks? Again- I may have thought this whilst on major pain killers... Clarification from a person who has the facts in black and white would be VERY welcome.

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

They own the goal stick market in the NHL, for one. If not ourright own, they are close to it. 

They do appear on pros in other pro leagues. And the Warrior goalie gear seems to sell very well to schlubs like us. I have not seen a fire sale of Warrior gear since the Messiah stuff. They will eventually pony up the $$$ for gear in the NHL in the next few years. If they are in trouble, I have not heard of it, unlike Bauer.

I might think of getting a warrior CR1 if they f*ckin had it in full right!! Yes it’s coming out in 2019, I better be impressed as I currently have a BPM150

Edited by southpawtendy48

9 hours ago, TitanG said:

Radio silence from Vaughn? If so, that's a real bad look... Makes me think twice about buying their stuff.

They reached out to me on Instagram after this one ;)  First thing they asked was what i ordered and if there was embroidered names..... then suggested that the store might have lost them (which i know is not the case), then they confirmed that they will be done on the 2nd.