Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

I have and they are fucking glorious!  Love them!

How’s the blocker? I’m considering having it side by side with my LT98 (not to compare at all)

i saw the blocking angle on it and it’s much like my LT98. the palm and finger protection looks nice, although I’d be removing the extra finger protection covering the pointer finger 

Edited by southpawtendy48

2 hours ago, Max27 said:

if you ever used a v7 xf how does it compare to the v8?

their description is pretty accurate.  The pad on the back of the hand is nice and soft but gives the firmness and control as if you were wearing it strapped down.  Tonnes of wrist room, and super comfy...

from Vaughn...

Details

Brand new for 2018, Vaughn Custom Sports releases the newest creation in their most accomplished Velocity family line, the Vaughn Velocity VE8 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Blocker.

The VE8 blocker takes the most successful pieces of both the V7 XF and XR blockers. First, the board is based off of the V7 XF to give the goalie a lighter, balanced feel. The sidewall, palm and backhand protection is all from the V7 XR model which gives the goalie better articulation at the wrist.

This blocker has a very large presentation to the shooter, which is due to the bindingless design. The HD board on the inside is coupled with Carbon reinforcements to help reduce weight and increase protection. That Carbon material carries over to the sidewall to give the goalie the protection and confidence they need when squeezing the hand tight against the body. The adjustable tension adjustment has been removed and replaced by a contoured palm which has a tighter fit on the hand compared to older models.

Lastly the palm is built off of a full VX suede design which is double reinforced on the palm, thumb and all bindings where the stick might rest.

Compared to the Vaughn Velocity VE8 Pro blocker, the VE8 Pro Carbon blocker will feature higher quality materials and a North American build.

If you are a Vaughn Velocity enthusiast that wants a new improved feel that is based off of the traditional Velocity style blocker, while still encapsulated in the North American factories, look no further than the Vaughn Velocity VE8 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Glove.

I can't stress enough how comfortable add and firm this blocker is.  The backhand pad is awesome and makes it feel tight yet pillowy. 

I also really like the air cushion beside the thumb. Not sure if the V7 had that but the V6 does not. 

The foam pad beside the index finger worried me at first. It was a bit stiff and I couldn't grab my water bottle because of it. But after one game it was fine once it and the palm loosened up a bit. 

This was probably the blocker I feel required the most break-in of all my various Vaughn blockers but now that it is broken-in I have no functional issues and it still feels super firm and cushy.

20181016_213119.jpg

20181016_213149.jpg

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I can't stress enough how comfortable add and firm this blocker is.  The backhand pad is awesome and makes it feel tight yet pillowy. 

I also really like the air cushion beside the thumb. Not sure if the V7 had that but the V6 does not. 

The foam pad beside the index finger worried me at first. It was a bit stiff and I couldn't grab my water bottle because of it. But after one game it was fine once it and the palm loosened up a bit. 

This was probably the blocker I feel required the most break-in of all my various Vaughn blockers but now that it is broken-in I have no functional issues and it still feels super firm and cushy.

20181016_213119.jpg

20181016_213149.jpg

I honestly don’t see much of a need for the finger protector as I try to be more adequate with my pokechecking. I asked not to have it in my LT98 and a puck has never found its way to there and hurt me at all. I guess it’s more of a shock absorber because I’ve taken some very hard shots to the paddle and have gotten some ringers and felt it in my hand

Also, how were you able to get no dick logo on the finger? ?

Edited by southpawtendy48

6 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I honestly don’t see much of a need for the finger protector as I try to be more adequate with my pokechecking. I asked not to have it in my LT98 and a puck has never found its way to there and hurt me at all. I guess it’s more of a shock absorber because I’ve taken some very hard shots to the paddle and have gotten some ringers and felt it in my hand

Also, how were you able to get no dick logo on the finger? ?

Just order Pro Logos as a mod.

NHL spec branding simplicity.  Only 3 branding items allowed on a blocker.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Just order Pro Logos as a mod.

NHL spec branding simplicity.  Only 3 branding items allowed on a blocker.

Oh wow. Can you list off some of the mods? I’m planning on getting a new set of gloves since I’m on the ice a lot as to not wear out my current ones so I get exactly what I want

1 minute ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Oh wow. Can you list off some of the mods? I’m planning on getting a new set of gloves since I’m on the ice a lot as to not wear out my current ones so I get exactly what I want

For the blocker that's it on mine other than color and embroidery.

My glove is a V6 2200 (costs extra now) with pro logos, pro palm, and a really tight leather buckle wrist strap, plus colors and embroidery.

VE8 pads are in the mail now with pro logos, sliding toe bridge,  sewn in thigh wraps, plus size, color, and embroidery. 

I don't really go too far on mods. I'm mostly super picky on colors and my pads are a half size because I have long shins.

15 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

their description is pretty accurate.  The pad on the back of the hand is nice and soft but gives the firmness and control as if you were wearing it strapped down.  Tonnes of wrist room, and super comfy...

from Vaughn...

Details

Brand new for 2018, Vaughn Custom Sports releases the newest creation in their most accomplished Velocity family line, the Vaughn Velocity VE8 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Blocker.

The VE8 blocker takes the most successful pieces of both the V7 XF and XR blockers. First, the board is based off of the V7 XF to give the goalie a lighter, balanced feel. The sidewall, palm and backhand protection is all from the V7 XR model which gives the goalie better articulation at the wrist.

This blocker has a very large presentation to the shooter, which is due to the bindingless design. The HD board on the inside is coupled with Carbon reinforcements to help reduce weight and increase protection. That Carbon material carries over to the sidewall to give the goalie the protection and confidence they need when squeezing the hand tight against the body. The adjustable tension adjustment has been removed and replaced by a contoured palm which has a tighter fit on the hand compared to older models.

Lastly the palm is built off of a full VX suede design which is double reinforced on the palm, thumb and all bindings where the stick might rest.

Compared to the Vaughn Velocity VE8 Pro blocker, the VE8 Pro Carbon blocker will feature higher quality materials and a North American build.

If you are a Vaughn Velocity enthusiast that wants a new improved feel that is based off of the traditional Velocity style blocker, while still encapsulated in the North American factories, look no further than the Vaughn Velocity VE8 Pro Carbon Senior Goalie Glove.

yeah i like the xf a lot and was thinking of getting a v8. was questioning the wrist strap system for wrist mobility